IGNORED

Supporters Club & Trust - Statement

thatcham red

clearly you have not read the numerous provocative posts from redeye

If you think that is offensive?? :laugh:

I've read all of them. Full of nonsense and I just find them irritating. But he's a troll so of course his posts will be provocative.

All he wants is to get a reaction off people so don't give him that. The sooner people ignore him the quicker he'll go away. I'm pretty sure that is what everyone wants (a lot of irony here I know as I'm posting about him)

• Admin

I've read all of them. Full of nonsense and I just find them irritating. But he's a troll so of course his posts will be provocative.

All he wants is to get a reaction off people so don't give him that. The sooner people ignore him the quicker he'll go away. I'm pretty sure that is what everyone wants (a lot of irony here I know as I'm posting about him)

100% agreed

Nothing offensive or personal? Really? Come on.....

"Redeye you areSuch a pathetic poor excuse of a man"

"Get a life before it is too late you pathetic idiot"

Both other the above are quite clearly offensive and personal

Think phantom was spot on actually..

He has no life it seems but to wind up every poster on here with his nonsense.

The pertinent question that after winning the league one championship and gaining promotion how many meat heads will invade the pitch. Remember due to the fact that so many here are so moral that its illegal I guess the answer should be none. To many of those fans who went on to the pitch, probably felt like me that beating the gas is like winning the league. Maybe sad but true. Unlike me who has seen many times us beating rovers and stayed in the stand ,for a lot of them this was their first time.So is running on the pitch illegal or not or is dependent on the occasion......does law take into the occasion if yes......then didn't law determine that it was just a case of over exuberant fans.

At our last game at The Minimal Ground, in the JPT 2nd leg semi final play off game, didn't the gash fans invade the pitch at the final whistle?. Approach and mass towards the City fans in an aggresive manner? Police horses eventually cleared the pitch.......Oh hang on, this was Roovers not City so it must be ok!

A carbon copy incident.

And as far as I'm aware - ,even though the Roovers stated that those involved would be banned/punished - nothing, absolutely nothing, ever happened to any individual or the club in any form of punishment.

Whilst not condoning the actions of some on Wednesday night - especially the actions of yellow shirt! Why didn't the stewards or police nick him ffs? - why should this event be significantly different to what happened before and not be dealt with and treated in the same way?

Am interested to know when these boards met

Didn't see any notice of an EGM

can the minutes of the meeting please be posted?

We don't have an EGM every time we make a statement. Things are done via email. It would be impossible to meet every time something needed discussing.

I just counted, there were 56 emails between all of us (club and trust board members) discussing the wording of the statement, and our views around what happened on Wednesday. There were also 48 emails back and forth regarding the recent ticketing fiascos.

It's impossible to ask the membership about every single thing we say/do. If things were very very important then of course we would, and have done in the past. But to get things done quicker we often have to take a board consensus, as we have done here. Yes that means some members won't agree with the things we say and do (such as yourself on this occasion) but we will sadly never keep everyone happy, or give everyone's views when we say what we say, because we'd never get anything done quickly, such as in this case when we needed up say something quickly in the hope that things will soon blow over. We're in a lose lose situation, but if we had said nothing, we'd have had other members saying "where are the supporters club and trust in all this?"

Our next regular monthly meeting is next Thursday if anyone wishes to come.

It's not about taking sides, japseye, it's about the over the top reaction to a pitch invasion that was by a couple of hundred out of 15,000 home supporters.

It's cringeworthy to the majority of people I've

spoken to, moreso than the pitch invasion itself

and especially when compared to the six

incidents I can recall in the Rovers end that

involved either scuffles, seat throwing, attempts

to get to home supporters or fighting with

stewards or police, long before the essentially

harmless pitch invasion.

You've clearly had a drink and that's why your

responses are so aggressive. Learn to control it

and don't come on the forum when you're drunk,

is my advice.

You accuse me of an over the top reaction - and then to gain some foothold for your defence of the appalling behaviour on Wednesday you accuse me of drinking and being drunk. Exactly who is being over the top?

I condemn all bad behaviour on Wednesday (City and Rovers) and do not see that addressing such behaviour as over the top. As I have stated before, it's about time this was addressed, and I am pleased to see we have a manager who wants this element out of the club.

There appears to be some on this forum who are very twitchy about SOD and BCFC addressing Wednesday's shameful debacle - is this because they are fearful that BCFC will no longer be an alibi / conduit for their own behaviour?

All he wants is to get a reaction off people so

don't give him that. The sooner people ignore

him the quicker he'll go away. I'm pretty sure that

is what everyone wants (a lot of irony here I

know as I'm posting about him)

You infer that I am a troll because my posts do not agree with your point of view (or that of your clique).

I'm struggling to find any intelligence in your post - only the usual 'if anyone doesn't agree with me I will accuse them of being a troll' tact.

• Admin

Thank you for the reply Marie.

Part of the reason this whole thing sits uncomfortably with me is over the past few weeks there has been an absolute disaster with ticketing etc, and the silence over that period from everyone associated with the club was embarrassing.

But as soon as something like this happens there are comments etc coming out all over the place.

Time to move on, clearly there are people with opinions on both sides. It's just a shame we have no game today as everything would be forgotten

Point taken about the ticketing. Here's what we are doing about this.

We have for some time been highlighting to the club some fundamental issues around structure where gaps in accountability appear between the board and management team. We have done this face to face with senior club officials and at meetings with other fans present (The East End meeting end of last season for example). One of those gaps in skills and experience we believe is operational, with the ticketing situation being a good example. The club has now appointed an IT project manager to oversee the rest of the CRM roll out. Members of the Club & Trust board have agreed to give feedback on the fans experience to date and also do some user acceptance testing on future developments before it goes live. I have been put in touch with the project manager. Where possible, we try to be solutions focussed. Anyone can volunteer to help with this.

I think if there is some learning for us here is that we should communicate some of these behind the scenes initiatives more so that public statements don't seem so out of the blue.

Next Thursday, 7.30pm, Bar BS3 for anyone who is interested.

Stu

"There were a handful of arrests before the game and we assisted stewards in the ground at the end of the match when people went on to the people pitch. Most of those involved were displaying pure exuberance following the match and using mounted officers the pitch was cleared in a matter of minutes.

I hope the ST will be in touch with Amanda Jacks of FSF to make her available for those who think they are wrongly accused and get expert legal advice for them.

I hope the ST will be in touch with Amanda Jacks of FSF to make her available for those who think they are wrongly accused and get expert legal advice for them.

Indeed. There is a huge challenge here in that the police have to decide which, if any, of those that came on to the pitch were intent on, or actually did commit an offense. Arguably, just being on the pitch might be held up as an offense in itself.

Why were there 18000 fans there on Wednesday? For a pretty meaningless 1st round JPT game, for which you would normally get 2-3000 at a push. Personally, I went because I knew there would be passion, atmosphere and "an edge" to the whole evening creating something special and beyond the norm. I expected there to be trouble of some description, yet still I wanted to go. Going to the ground I walked past the miners arms, where there had been trouble. I could hear rovers fans somewhere in the distance singing goodnight Irene, and there was a police helicopter overhead keeping watch. All of which got my adrenaline going and ready for what turned out to be a great evening.

Now, important to point out, I'm a 50 year old family man that has never been involved in any kind of trouble at a football match. Been going to the gate for 40 years and have seen it all. I won't condone what happened the other night, but I can't condemn it either. Whether anyone wants to admit it or not, without it Wednesday wouldn't have been the same.

Strange reply.

Are you behind SOD and BCFC? Or do you condone the thugs / idiots / morons on Wednesday?

At last we have a manager who wants complete change - and that includes eradicating the thug / idiot / moron element from the club.

If you do understand this then you do not understand SOD's philosophy.

i think sod didnt relise what beating the sags means to a lot of us,since 2007 ive been waiting for this,time to put this to bed now...how much is it to swindon by train..3 points at home to peterborough would be nice.......

the quote Stu, was from the Avon and Somerset Website, if the Police are describing the pitch invasion as "Most of those involved were displaying pure exuberance following the match " then any superficial arrests for trivial offences need to be aggressively defended, that was why I suggest the ST get in contact with the FSF's Amanda Jacks, be proactive, arguably the same should have been done after Cardiff.

The ST is surely there for the fans and not to rubber stamp the club's/police's position, regardless of how uncomfortable that makes the ST's board members feel about this.

I suppose the Supporters Trust/Club needed to release a short statement, as did SOD in his post match interview, but now the dust has settled here's a thought;

Bristol football is viewed from the rest of the country as lower league and passionless, now, as that was the only game being played in the whole country that night, any football fan with access to Sky Sports who wanted to watch a game was watching Bristol City vs Bristol Rovers.

Because of the incredible atmosphere from both sets of fans, AND the pitch invasion at the end, they are now thinking "Wow, Bristol football fans really have got some passion after all"

also, the pitch invasion has been coming for over 6 years so somebody should have been ready.

Seems to be a few on this thread who are selective in their memory of the trouble on Wednesday. It wasn't only running on the pitch - it was ripping up seats and throwing them, spitting at stewards and police and throwing punches at them, not forgetting coin throwing.

Those of you condoning this behaviour should be ashamed of yourselves.

I trust the club to come down hard on those involved and banning orders are on the cards.

Once again - thank you SOD for not overlooking this. He truly is changing things at the club - in every way.

the quote Stu, was from the Avon and Somerset Website, if the Police are describing the pitch invasion as "Most of those involved were displaying pure exuberance following the match " then any superficial arrests for trivial offences need to be aggressively defended, that was why I suggest the ST get in contact with the FSF's Amanda Jacks, be proactive, arguably the same should have been done after Cardiff.

The ST is surely there for the fans and not to rubber stamp the club's/police's position, regardless of how uncomfortable that makes the ST's board members feel about this.

That approach does not make me feel uncomfortable Geoff :shifty:

Seems to be a few on this thread who are selective in their memory of the trouble on Wednesday. It wasn't only running on the pitch - it was ripping up seats and throwing them, spitting at stewards and police and throwing punches at them, not forgetting coin throwing.

Those of you condoning this behaviour should be ashamed of yourselves.

I trust the club to come down hard on those involved and banning orders are on the cards.

Once again - thank you SOD for not overlooking this. He truly is changing things at the club - in every way.

I didn't do any of that. I sat/stood in B block and sang myself silly.

Just because I don't agree with all the fuss doesn't mean I condone anything.

Japs, you must have posted on the wrong forum. Who is condoning the coin throwing, spitting and violence?

Noticeable in your posts that you concentrate on those running on to the pitch. Looks to me like you and your clique are desperate to suppress the bad behaviour so the club doesn't look closer at those who use the club as a plaything for their personal culture.

I trust you will also be attacking the FA when they hit our club with a fine?

I didn't do any of that. I sat/stood in B block and sang myself silly.

Just because I don't agree with all the fuss

doesn't mean I condone anything.

Interesting how you are strident in seeing Wednesday's behaviour as all a fuss - yet less strident about condemning the aggression, seat throwing and coin throwing. Your position looks clear to me.

I encourage the club to look at Wednesday's behaviour very closely and back SOD's disdain to the hilt.

Surely you can't argue with a manager who disapproves of such behaviour as seen on Wednesday? Or would you prefer that SOD leaves and the thugs / idiots / morons get their way to continue doing what they do?

Interesting how you are strident in seeing Wednesday's behaviour as all a fuss - yet less strident about condemning the aggression, seat throwing and coin throwing. Your position looks clear to me.

I encourage the club to look at Wednesday's behaviour very closely and back SOD's disdain to the hilt.

Surely you can't argue with a manager who disapproves of such behaviour as seen on Wednesday? Or would you prefer that SOD leaves and the thugs / idiots / morons get their way to continue doing what they do?

I highlighted your last sentence, you seem to be under the impression it is a 2 way street, either SOD stops them or he leaves them. Did he stop them? No. Hence why I'm annoyed at the excessive attention they're getting.

The coin throwing etc is nothing new. If the media commented on every negative thing that happened each day, we might run out of column inches don't you think.

I highlighted your last sentence, you seem to be under the impression it is a 2 way street, either SOD stops them or he leaves them. Did he s

top them? No. Hence why I'm annoyed at the

excessive attention they're getting.

The coin throwing etc is nothing new. If the

media commented on every negative thing that

happened each day, we might run out of column inches don't you think.

Your approach is it's nothing new so let it continue. Whereas, I see it as SOD will not tolerate this and is angry enough to want it out of the club - thus ensuring we never have negative media coverage like this again.

Surely you agree with this direction?

Archived