IGNORED

What Swindon Fans Think Of Us

REDTURK

Just had a quick browse of the Swindle Town fans forum "townend".

I find it amazing how much comment there is about Bristol City and our pending visit. They must be very excited about the visit of such a massive club!!

The following rant taken from their Forum really does underline the huge chip and inferiority complex that some of their fans are suffering from.

I love how they mention we're stuck in the 70's which the last time they were in the top flight this was last time they actually did anything significant, oh they won the welsh cup and the LDV. Seeing their "honours" we truly are the greatest team in the westcountry. Oh yeah and they are grown men who get in Grange Hill-esq fights with people who live in the same town as them (wouldnt the city rovers thing be a bit like penhill fighting park south?

Lets just enjoy their sucess for a while......

Football League Honours (from wikipedia)

The Football League (Premier League) runners-up: 1906–07
Second Division (Football League Championship) champions: 1905–06, runners-up: 1975–76
Third Division South (Football League One) champions: 1922–23, 1926–27, 1954–55
Third Division (Football League One) runners-up: 1964–65, 1989–90
Football League One runners-up: 1997–98, 2006–07
FA Cup finalists: 1909
League Cup semi-finalists: 1970–71, 1988–89
Football League Trophy winners: 1985–86, 2002–03, finalists: 1986–87, 1999–00

Other Honours

Welsh Cup winners: 1933–34
Anglo-Scottish Cup winners: 1977–78
PS Penhill is one of the less desirable areas in Northern Swindon and Park South a similar are in South Swindon

Just had a quick browse of the Swindle Town fans forum "townend".

I find it amazing how much comment there is about Bristol City and our pending visit. They must be very excited about the visit of such a massive club!!

The following rant taken from their Forum really does underline the huge chip and inferiority complex that some of their fans are suffering from.

I love how they mention we're stuck in the 70's which the last time they were in the top flight this was last time they actually did anything significant, oh they won the welsh cup and the LDV. Seeing their "honours" we truly are the greatest team in the westcountry. Oh yeah and they are grown men who get in Grange Hill-esq fights with people who live in the same town as them (wouldnt the city rovers thing be a bit like penhill fighting park south?

Lets just enjoy their sucess for a while......

Football League Honours (from wikipedia)

The Football League (Premier League) runners-up: 1906–07

Second Division (Football League Championship) champions: 1905–06, runners-up: 1975–76

Third Division South (Football League One) champions: 1922–23, 1926–27, 1954–55

Third Division (Football League One) runners-up: 1964–65, 1989–90

Football League One runners-up: 1997–98, 2006–07

FA Cup finalists: 1909

League Cup semi-finalists: 1970–71, 1988–89

Football League Trophy winners: 1985–86, 2002–03, finalists: 1986–87, 1999–00

Other Honours

Welsh Cup winners: 1933–34

Anglo-Scottish Cup winners: 1977–78

PS Penhill is one of the less desirable areas in Northern Swindon and Park South a similar are in South Swindon

Don't forget Cavendish Square ;)

Sorry for sounding arrogant but we are a bigger club than Swindon hands down, to attendances, infrastructure, stadium league positions over the last few years.. they are clearly stuck in 1994..

Very true sir, not arrogant at all.

And after many, many 'debates' with Swindle fans I can confirm all they go on about is '94. :fastasleep:

Thankfully i live 5 miles from swindon in a slightly more posher area hahahaha and as others have mentioned Swindle fans are deluded, think they are the big swingers in the South west.

:chant6ez::chant6ez: "Your just a small town in Oxford, Small town in Oxxxxxxxxford, Your just a small town in Oxford" :chant6ez::chant6ez:

traitor to both clubs then, I bet you never went mouthing city songs in the middle of penhill or cavendish square

You'd be surprised actually.

When drunk after a Thursday night at Mission back in the days, used to mouth off City songs all the time :) not in Cavendish or Penhill mind but probably would've if I had cause to go there

Archived