IGNORED

What Swindon Fans Think Of Us

REDTURK

I go to Swindon Town Centre quite often and it's a right state. If anyone is expecting me to say nice things about Swindon then unlucky. The designer outlet is about the best thing going for it, the parks are full of alcoholics and trash thrown on the floor.

yes its a right dump thats why so many dont use it anymore. If its that bad why do you use it and yes your also correct but you've got more down & outs and prossies to put up with

yes its a right dump thats why so many dont use it anymore. If its that bad why do you use it and yes your also correct but you've got more down & outs and prossies to put up with

Hardly surprising: Bristol is at least three times the size of Swindon.

I find all of north Wiltshire pretty vile TBH. Prefer the south of the county.

Hardly surprising: Bristol is at least three times the size of Swindon.

I find all of north Wiltshire pretty vile TBH. Prefer the south of the county.

yeah i prefer north bristol myself and for the record swindon has a population of around 210,000 and bristol 450,000 hardly at least three times bigger

Swindle fans creaming themselves over our visit it would seem..Hardly suprising, a big club coming to town would get me excited too.

I feel very very depressed we are playing clubs like them again to be honest, Swindon town fo0k me lets get some wins under our belt and get out of this shit pit of a league.

Swindle fans creaming themselves over our visit it would seem..Hardly suprising, a big club coming to town would get me excited too.

I feel very very depressed we are playing clubs like them again to be honest, Swindon town fo0k me lets get some wins under our belt and get out of this shit pit of a league.

:laugh: :laugh: we're not a big club..

Just had a quick browse of the Swindle Town fans forum "townend".

I find it amazing how much comment there is about Bristol City and our pending visit. They must be very excited about the visit of such a massive club!!

The following rant taken from their Forum really does underline the huge chip and inferiority complex that some of their fans are suffering from.

I love how they mention we're stuck in the 70's which the last time they were in the top flight this was last time they actually did anything significant, oh they won the welsh cup and the LDV. Seeing their "honours" we truly are the greatest team in the westcountry. Oh yeah and they are grown men who get in Grange Hill-esq fights with people who live in the same town as them (wouldnt the city rovers thing be a bit like penhill fighting park south?

Lets just enjoy their sucess for a while......

Football League Honours (from wikipedia)

The Football League (Premier League) runners-up: 190607

Second Division (Football League Championship) champions: 190506, runners-up: 197576

Third Division South (Football League One) champions: 192223, 192627, 195455

Third Division (Football League One) runners-up: 196465, 198990

Football League One runners-up: 199798, 200607

FA Cup finalists: 1909

League Cup semi-finalists: 197071, 198889

Football League Trophy winners: 198586, 200203, finalists: 198687, 199900

Other Honours

Welsh Cup winners: 193334

Anglo-Scottish Cup winners: 197778

PS Penhill is one of the less desirable areas in Northern Swindon and Park South a similar are in South Swindon

Crikey, since we haven't been in the same division for 6 years (?) I don't give them a second thought. Didn't we relegate them at AG or were they already down by then?

Judging by your post they sound like borderline obsessives about us. Must have the small club syndrome like you-know-who.

Di Canio was mildly amusing and you couldn't write that 95 goals with one game to go situation..

Always just saw them as a bit of a something or nothing club.

Nah chelsea in town the following week is on our minds. As for creaming ourselves we cant wait to give you a football lesson on the pitch as unlike city we are playing some superb football and outplayed wolves yesterday (check out their websites) we also thrashed crewe 5-0 last week, won at QPR in the cup and were unlucky to lose 1-0 at peterborough (fergie jr's words) As for City being too big for the league your joking as Sheffield utd, Wolves & Coventry are the big clubs. You have to face it just because the City is big dosen't mean that the Football club is anymore and if you were that big and progressive what you doing buying our rejects. In all hoesty we enjoy playing the likes of Southampton, Bournemouth, Reading and Pompey more teams with decent fans who dont just come for trouble

yeah i prefer north bristol myself and for the record swindon has a population of around 210,000 and bristol 450,000 hardly at least three times bigger

You seem to have forgotten that much of metropolitan Bristol is in what is now classed as South Gloucestershire.

Just like you've forgotten all your side's very dodgy deals and scandals.

BTW when you're next in north Bristol, don't forget to ask its friendly denizens for those seats back they ripped up out of your ground. ;)

You seem to have forgotten that much of metropolitan Bristol is in what is now classed as South Gloucestershire.

Just like you've forgotten all your side's very dodgy deals and scandals.

BTW when you're next in north Bristol, don't forget to ask its friendly denizens for those seats back they ripped up out of your ground. ;)

I think they're using them to sit on whilst eating their sunday lunch. No I haven't forgotten our dodgy dealing from the macari era which got us demoted in 1990 but we recovered quickly to get promoted back to the premiership 3 yers later.

Tell me is your owner still living off shore??

Well yes, but at least he's local and lives within the UK's remit unlike some!

To be honest, I felt bad for you boys in 90. I remember commiserating with some guys at a wedding I went to in Wilts somewhere about that time.

You are setting yourself up for a fall however by coming onto this site and mouthing off about what a footballing lesson you'll give us next weekend. You have everything to prove, we have nothing.

Greater Bristols population is near to a million. You are a clown.

OK Muppet how far do you want to stretch your fan base then all the way to North Devon. And if you are so big why aren't you in the premiership instead of the lower reaches of Div 1. All I read is how big City are and that you shouldn't be in the same league as small teams like Swindon. The facts are you are no better or worse with bigger clubs than yours struggling to get back into the championship

That the difference your going on about how big you are and that you shouldn't being playing small clubs like swindon but at the same time moaning about how crap you are and we're getting on with things and playing some good stuff and cant wait to play you for football reasons only. Check out our performance at wolves ( a really big club)

That the difference your going on about how big you are and that you shouldn't being playing small clubs like swindon but at the same time moaning about how crap you are and we're getting on with things and playing some good stuff and cant wait to play you for football reasons only. Check out our performance at wolves ( a really big club)

Sh*t club, sh*t town, sh*t deluded support who still bang on about 1994, sh*t ground, sh*t mascot...

You'll beat us Saturday but you'll always be small time STFC. I've grown up around your supporters and you're always the same. Stop fantasising about us, your obsession with Bristol City is bizarre. Like you said, we're not a particularly big club, but you're a non-entity.

Enjoy your 3 points on Saturday and thanks for Shaun Taylor all those years ago. And well done for reaching Premier League all those years ago. You did yourselves proud and we are oh so incredibly jealous. :clapping:

Sh*t club, sh*t town, sh*t deluded support who still bang on about 1994, sh*t ground, sh*t mascot...

You'll beat us Saturday but you'll always be small time STFC. I've grown up around your supporters and you're always the same. Stop fantasising about us, your obsession with Bristol City is bizarre. Like you said, we're not a particularly big club, but you're a non-entity.

Enjoy your 3 points on Saturday and thanks for Shaun Taylor all those years ago. And well done for reaching Premier League all those years ago. You did yourselves proud and we are oh so incredibly jealous. :clapping:

Typical now your getting angry. First of all why would we bang on about 1994 thats the season we were relegated and as much as we coceded 100 goals its still something your massive club has never achieved. Now if you are looking for something to bang on about how about 1969 something else your massive clib has never achieved.

So why are you conceding defeat already for saturday's game as surely your far superior players (including Mr Flint) will be better than us small little swindon with no money and a poxey fanbase. It dosen't say much for your lot if you can't beat the minnows from up the M4 with its two junctions.

As for jealous or obsessed with city never but yeovil and what their achieving yes. Great manager they have !!

Don't tell me your going to smash the place up again!!! yawn yawn

Christ this superman fella is embarrassing the whole of Swindon here.

Yes we get it, it's your cup final and you're very excited - I have no issue with that. I too am excited each week to watch player like Jay Emmanuel-Thomans, Sam Baldock etc. so I can only imagine that this is a big deal for you.

Knowing a Swindon fan, he has confirmed to me he thinks the whole ground will applaud Marlon Harewood on to the pitch if he comes on as its the calibre of player Swindon haven't witnessed in the past 20 years.

I'm not going to stand here and slate and others on here shouldn't either. People need to realise that we should take this as a compliment. No one has an issue with Yeovil and we shouldn't with Swindon. Both simar sized clubs and histories who will get excited when they play us.

This will be your highest home attendance in the league this season and I think that speaks volumes. Enjoy your day. I can't remember the last time I was as excited as superman for a match. Lower league football clubs appreciate everything much more than clubs like us.

Archived