IGNORED

What Swindon Fans Think Of Us

REDTURK

Christ this superman fella is embarrassing the whole of Swindon here.

Yes we get it, it's your cup final and you're very excited - I have no issue with that. I too am excited each week to watch player like Jay Emmanuel-Thomans, Sam Baldock etc. so I can only imagine that this is a big deal for you.

Knowing a Swindon fan, he has confirmed to me he thinks the whole ground will applaud Marlon Harewood on to the pitch if he comes on as its the calibre of player Swindon haven't witnessed in the past 20 years.

I'm not going to stand here and slate and others on here shouldn't either. People need to realise that we should take this as a compliment. No one has an issue with Yeovil and we shouldn't with Swindon. Both simar sized clubs and histories who will get excited when they play us.

This will be your highest home attendance in the league this season and I think that speaks volumes. Enjoy your day. I can't remember the last time I was as excited as superman for a match. Lower league football clubs appreciate everything much more than clubs like us.

Nice try Randy but I would imagine our biggest league crowd will be against Wolves so stop trying to convince yourself that your such a big club with lots of history or does winning the welsh & Anglo scottish cups count (not quite the same as beating Arsenal's superstars at wembley in 1969)

As for your high calibre players i;e Marlon Harewood the journeyman, Jay Thomas, Sam Baldock & Aden Flint what an earth are you doing near the bottom of the league with no wins so based on a team that good we should be quaking in our boots about playing you but I doubt it somehow as we have a bunch of good footballers who are getting rave reviews (just check the wolves website)

You lot think your such a big club but teams such as Derby, Leicester, Ipswich, Norwich, Notts Forrest & Wolves to name a few all get bigger crowds than you with much smaller populations. After all you do have a catchment of over a million

I have gotten to know many places over the years through work, and there's not an ounce of banter or jest in my bones when I say that swindon is top of my dump list. In fact it's such a dump that try to avoid stopping there just for a dump if I can.

I'm sure those who are unfortunate enough to be born there, move there, or work there learn to make the most of a bad situation.

The old town is okay, but the rest is...well...crap.

One thing that it does have going for it, however, is a seemingly disproportionate number of attractive females. Never quite understood that.

I have gotten to know many places over the years through work, and there's not an ounce of banter or jest in my bones when I say that swindon is top of my dump list. In fact it's such a dump that try to avoid stopping there just for a dump if I can.

I'm sure those who are unfortunate enough to be born there, move there, or work there learn to make the most of a bad situation.

The old town is okay, but the rest is...well...crap.

One thing that it does have going for it, however, is a seemingly disproportionate number of attractive females. Never quite understood that.

I have that problem whilst driving through Eastville, Fishponds, Henbry, Barton Hill, Lawrence Hill, St Georges, Knowle, Hartcliffe, Downend, Eastville, Brentry and of course the lovey Bedminster & Hartcliffe. Clifton's fine though

I'm still waiting for my wages to go through before I can get my Swindon tickets they should of gone in yesterday and they still haven't gone in. If they sell out before I get chance to get some I will be ******* pissed off.

Oh and fuc# what Swindon fans say they really are a fuc# all club.

I'm still waiting for my wages to go through before I can get my Swindon tickets they should of gone in yesterday and they still haven't gone in. If they sell out before I get chance to get some I will be ******* pissed off.

Oh and **** what Swindon fans say they really are a **** all club.

We're a mickey mouse club with no support and no history. Wembley 69 something that will live for ever

I have that problem whilst driving through Eastville, Fishponds, Henbry, Barton Hill, Lawrence Hill, St Georges, Knowle, Hartcliffe, Downend, Eastville, Brentry and of course the lovey Bedminster & Hartcliffe. Clifton's fine though

Yep, every town and city have their poor areas.

The difference being that Bristol has a nice big centre(bigger than birmingham, manchester), with lots going on and lots to see.

We have Cabot circus, park street, harbourside, queen square, cabot tower, clifton suspension bridge, ss great britain, cathedral/college green, wills memorial tower, concorde, museum of bristol, corn street, finzels reach, avon gorge, downs, st mary redcliffe church, temple quay.

Swindon has the outlet centre.

Yep, every town and city have their poor areas.

The difference being that Bristol has a nice big centre(bigger than birmingham, manchester), with lots going on and lots to see.

We have Cabot circus, park street, harbourside, queen square, cabot tower, clifton suspension bridge, ss great britain, cathedral/college green, wills memorial tower, concorde, museum of bristol, corn street, finzels reach, avon gorge, downs, st mary redcliffe church, temple quay.

Swindon has the outlet centre.

I agree all great landmarks and places to visit. As for tyhe outlet village I don't even like that and prefer cribbs

its not about age its the history like Liverpool go on how great they used to be but have never won the Premier League

But they've won 5 European Cups......and you bang on about the 1969 League Cup Final

You're just as bad, surely?

We're shit, we know we're shit - look at the other threads on here. If you honestly think people on here saying what a big club City are are doing anything but winding up the Swindle troll then you are deluded. It's banter, which seems to escape you. Maybe a name change to 'Banter Vacuum' may be suitable

But they've won 5 European Cups......and you bang on about the 1969 League Cup Final

You're just as bad, surely?

We're shit, we know we're shit - look at the other threads on here. If you honestly think people on here saying what a big club City are are doing anything but winding up the Swindle troll then you are deluded. It's banter, which seems to escape you. Maybe a name change to 'Banter Vacuum' may be suitable

I disagree it all started because you lot started slaggiing us off. Unlike city we do not have great expectations as so much has gone on here over the last 20 years but at the present time we're proud to have a football team that is playing some great stuff and getting accolades from opposing fans & managers. Also we don't go on sites bragging about how we're going to take over a ground and smash the place up

I disagree it all started because you lot started slaggiing us off. Unlike city we do not have great expectations as so much has gone on here over the last 20 years but at the present time we're proud to have a football team that is playing some great stuff and getting accolades from opposing fans & managers. Also we don't go on sites bragging about how we're going to take over a ground and smash the place up

As I said earlier - it's the usual 'Swindon are all 6 fingered, sister shagging, knuckle dragging *******', the same as we had on here before the R*vers game. It's all bollocks, banter - all be it very crap banter

If you're going to come on a City forum then you have to expect it, and accept it. Just like I would if I was on a Swindon forum, which I'm not

Read the threads, how many people with 'great expectations' do you see? Not many, so I'm not sure where you're getting that from

As for the bragging about taking over grounds and smashing the place up, haven't seen anything along those lines, although I tend not to read threads like that. If you don't think that your lot say the same then, again, you're deluded. I've been to Swindon many times over the years, along with Stockport it's the only place I've ever felt really threatened, like something was going to kick off. As the R*vers fans were told, you're no angels

In short, we're not overly keen on you, and vice versa. We're shit, you won the LC in 1969. My Dad was probably bigger than yours, we've got Aden Flint, thank you for Shaun Taylor

I'll duck out at this point

• Admin

Just had a quick browse of the Swindle Town fans forum "townend".

I find it amazing how much comment there is about Bristol City and our pending visit. They must be very excited about the visit of such a massive club!!

Almost as embaressing as this forum got in the build up's to Cardiff away last and the PSF against Rangers

As I said earlier - it's the usual 'Swindon are all 6 fingered, sister shagging, knuckle dragging *******', the same as we had on here before the R*vers game. It's all bollocks, banter - all be it very crap banter

If you're going to come on a City forum then you have to expect it, and accept it. Just like I would if I was on a Swindon forum, which I'm not

Read the threads, how many people with 'great expectations' do you see? Not many, so I'm not sure where you're getting that from

As for the bragging about taking over grounds and smashing the place up, haven't seen anything along those lines, although I tend not to read threads like that. If you don't think that your lot say the same then, again, you're deluded. I've been to Swindon many times over the years, along with Stockport it's the only place I've ever felt really threatened, like something was going to kick off. As the R*vers fans were told, you're no angels

In short, we're not overly keen on you, and vice versa. We're shit, you won the LC in 1969. My Dad was probably bigger than yours, we've got Aden Flint, thank you for Shaun Taylor

I'll duck out at this point

Good post bud just a litte fun as you say but some have to ruin it with agression and insults

It is lazy banter Woodsy, I agree.

I know several people from Swindon and none of them appear to be inbred plus they all have the normal number of fingers (no hooves, trotters etc).

However of those people I know from the Roundabout Zoo at least one is an absolute tw&t and the rest are ******* weirdos.

Archived