IGNORED

What Swindon Fans Think Of Us

REDTURK

Every post he's bitten. Every single post.

We're bored now. If you want to have a proper chat about how shit your village is meet us on the pitch after JET's second of them game. Should be about 35 mins in pal.

Cant see that happening but im sure your lot will be on the pitch at some stage as well as visiting the crown courts and making the front page of the Adver on Monday. Such nice people of which Mum & Dad can be proud of

I have that problem whilst driving through Eastville, Fishponds, Henbry, Barton Hill, Lawrence Hill, St Georges, Knowle, Hartcliffe, Downend, Eastville, Brentry and of course the lovey Bedminster & Hartcliffe. Clifton's fine though

Have you actually been to the highlighted areas or are you just spouting off areas you have heard of? Whereas some of the areas you mention do have a bad rep, Henbury, Downend and Brentry certainly do not and are generally leafy, middle class areas

Have you actually been to the highlighted areas or are you just spouting off areas you have heard of? Whereas some of the areas you mention do have a bad rep, Henbury, Downend and Brentry certainly do not and are generally leafy, middle class areas

Wasn't the Brazilian guy robbed of his laptop outside the shops in Henbury by asbos two or three years ago and the police had to step up their patrols, Been to Brentry and found it a very poor area

It is lazy banter Woodsy, I agree.

I know several people from Swindon and none of them appear to be inbred plus they all have the normal number of fingers (no hooves, trotters etc).

However of those people I know from the Roundabout Zoo at least one is an absolute tw&t and the rest are ******* weirdos.

That made I laugh! Without wishing to wind Superman up, I'm not a fan of Swindon in the slightest, as someone else said Old Town is quite nice, the rest all seems a bit dirty and a little plastic. Same as everywhere though, if it's not home then it's easy to take the piss

That made I laugh! Without wishing to wind Superman up, I'm not a fan of Swindon in the slightest, as someone else said Old Town is quite nice, the rest all seems a bit dirty and a little plastic. Same as everywhere though, if it's not home then it's easy to take the piss

No I agree with you. There are some lovely places to live if you travel a few miles but the Town Centre is a right old dump

Wasn't the Brazilian guy robbed of his laptop outside the shops in Henbury by asbos two or three years ago and the police had to step up their patrols, Been to Brentry and found it a very poor area

Wow, you have some memory!. Im sure even the most "poshest" of areas has occasional crime.

When you say Brentry, I think you mean Southmead...... and when you say Henbury, I think you mean Lawrence Weston.....if so, then I agree!

For someone to have posted and quoted others so often in such a short space of time, and not be able to post their own comments without it appearing in the quote box, you have to be really really ******* dense.

That aside, I've lived in the Old Town/Lakeside area of Swindle and its nice.

Christ this superman fella is embarrassing the whole of Swindon here.

Yes we get it, it's your cup final and you're very excited - I have no issue with that. I too am excited each week to watch player like Jay Emmanuel-Thomans, Sam Baldock etc. so I can only imagine that this is a big deal for you.

Knowing a Swindon fan, he has confirmed to me he thinks the whole ground will applaud Marlon Harewood on to the pitch if he comes on as its the calibre of player Swindon haven't witnessed in the past 20 years.

I'm not going to stand here and slate and others on here shouldn't either. People need to realise that we should take this as a compliment. No one has an issue with Yeovil and we shouldn't with Swindon. Both simar sized clubs and histories who will get excited when they play us.

This will be your highest home attendance in the league this season and I think that speaks volumes. Enjoy your day. I can't remember the last time I was as excited as superman for a match. Lower league football clubs appreciate everything much more than clubs like us.

What a load of crap your superstars are producing you just about managed a draw in front of just over 10,000. So assuming that Shrewsbury brought more than 3 fans that makes 9,000 die hards which for a club of your size is pathetic and to cap it all some of your fans seem to think you shouldn't be playing the likes of swindon & Orient, I agree you should be playing the likes of Morecombe

What a load of crap your superstars are producing you just about managed a draw in front of just over 10,000. So assuming that Shrewsbury brought more than 3 fans that makes 9,000 die hards which for a club of your size is pathetic and to cap it all some of your fans seem to think you shouldn't be playing the likes of swindon & Orient, I agree you should be playing the likes of Morecombe

I'm amazed that a club that won the League Cup in '69 has had three home crowds of 7,000 this season. Shocking, really, given your tram's illustrious past....

I'm amazed that a club that won the League Cup in '69 has had three home crowds of 7,000 this season. Shocking, really, given your tram's illustrious past....

Not great I admit but until the big west country team arrive in town we've had really poor away support, but considering Bristol is such a big place your home gates are now hovering around the 10,000

Just had a look at the football league stats for average away following and swindon have taken more fans away for the last three seasons

Just had a look at the football league stats for average away following and swindon have taken more fans away for the last three seasons

Well you should look closer then as in fact its only the last 2 seasons which coincides with you winning promotion (2011) and getting into the playoffs (2012) and us just escaping relegation (2011) and then getting relegated (2012). If you want to start getting into stats, then lets look at the last 5 years;

Average home attendance - BCFC 14702 v Mongs 8247

Average away attendance - BCFC 869 v Mongs 711

Highest away following average - BCFC 2656 v Mongs 1814

Take into account your figures include "local" games against Cheltenham, Rovers, Oxford, Yeovil whereas the only "local" game we have had in the last 5 years has been Cardiff and most of those were bubble matches

Well you should look closer then as in fact its only the last 2 seasons which coincides with you winning promotion (2011) and getting into the playoffs (2012) and us just escaping relegation (2011) and then getting relegated (2012). If you want to start getting into stats, then lets look at the last 5 years;

Average home attendance - BCFC 14702 v Mongs 8247

Average away attendance - BCFC 869 v Mongs 711

Highest away following average - BCFC 2656 v Mongs 1814

Take into account your figures include "local" games against Cheltenham, Rovers, Oxford, Yeovil whereas the only "local" game we have had in the last 5 years has been Cardiff and most of those were bubble matches

well thats a load of crap as we took 4000 last season to coventry and surely all of the big midlands clubs that you would have visited can accomodate more that the poxy 1000 ish which we were given at the clubs you have mentioned

well thats a load of crap as we took 4000 last season to coventry and surely all of the big midlands clubs that you would have visited can accomodate more that the poxy 1000 ish which we were given at the clubs you have mentioned

First and foremost, the 1814 is your "average" highest away following of the past 5 years not your "highest"

Secondly, you did not take 4000 to Coventry........the official football league stats state your highest away attendance 2012/2013 was 2922. The official Coventry match report rounds that upto 3000

http://www.football-league.co.uk/staticFiles/73/bd/0,,10794~179571,00.pdf

Your beginning to sound like a sag head now.....

True facts RedRaw speaks, accept it you are small time... even when we are absolute tosh still a far bigger superior club to you. Oxford must run you close mind, always thought they had more potential anyway.

First and foremost, the 1814 is your "average" highest away following of the past 5 years not your "highest"

Secondly, you did not take 4000 to Coventry........the official football league stats state your highest away attendance 2012/2013 was 2922. The official Coventry match report rounds that upto 3000

Maybe there were 1000 Swindle away fans dressed up as empty seats ;)

And what superfreak seems to forget in his infinite wisdom is barring Cardiff most of our games were miles up north or East Anglia or wherever... plus playing dire football and ridiculous prices for tickets tends to put people off travelling and paying extortionate travel etc.

Swindle had a quite a few close games and London is 55min by train, should've taken a few more quite frankly.

I know what the stats say about coventry away but certain turnstiles were not in use and fans were being let in by stewards as the kick off approached as there were so many fans still outside which caught even the coventry staff by surprise

Still not a bad average away support considering the size of us

And what superfreak seems to forget in his infinite wisdom is barring Cardiff most of our games were miles up north or East Anglia or wherever... plus playing dire football and ridiculous prices for tickets tends to put people off travelling and paying extortionate travel etc.

Swindle had a quite a few close games and London is 55min by train, should've taken a few more quite frankly.

so is Birmingham, Coventry, Wolves, Leicester, Derby & Forrest too far for for you then

I know what the stats say about coventry away but certain turnstiles were not in use and fans were being let in by stewards as the kick off approached as there were so many fans still outside which caught even the coventry staff by surprise

ahhhhhhh yea......that old chestnut :liar:

Archived