IGNORED

Urgent Ticketing Update For Tonight

AdamB

"The club will be holding on to all e-tickets used tonight – once scanned – to continue its investigations into the problems with our suppliers".

How is that going to work in practice? How is someone meant to find the seat they've booked if they have to surrender the ticket at the turnstile and therefore have no reference of the block, row or seat number?

Sounds more like a check of who is using photocopied duplicates to me!

"The club will be holding on to all e-tickets used tonight once scanned to continue its investigations into the problems with our suppliers".

How is that going to work in practice? How is someone meant to find the seat they've booked if they have to surrender the ticket at the turnstile and therefore have no reference of the block, row or seat number?

Sounds like a game of guess your seat

Sounds like the "Ticketing Project Manager" is earning his money then.

If the person doesn't have thier ticket anymore and they get lost on the way to their seat and can't remember their number, someone else is in the seat purchased, how are they able to prove what seat they have got.

Additionally. What is to stop people who have purchased tickets in the Outer Dolman blocks and the family stand which are cheaper seats from sitting in the central more expensive block.

farcial.

• Admin

All,

Just trying to get the message out with regards to a couple of developments on the ticketing front.

It carries mportant info for those with e-tickets for tonight and also those who had season tickets that weren't working.

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/20130917-ticketsupdate-1059367.aspx

Regards,

Adam

This should be emailed out to all season ticket holders and put on the official Twitter and Facebook feeds.

Surely this has to be done as a matter of urgency !!

(I will pin this so people can see it, but don't expect it will go down the page too far. Will also copy it onto Ziderheads)

"The club will be holding on to all e-tickets used tonight – once scanned – to continue its investigations into the problems with our suppliers".

Bizarre. The solution to one problem is to create another. *claps*

If this is the start of the club trying to resolve the issues is it really a bad thing ? at the end of the day the problems were not suddenly going to go away without action having to be taken. Yes it shouldn't have happened in the first place but at least we can see the club listening to feedback and taking action. Not sure if having to remember your seat number for a few minutes is a real inconvenience, I'm sure you will tell me if it is :) lets embrace being able to take part in the solution to these issues :)

If this is the start of the club trying to resolve the issues is it really a bad thing ? at the end of the day the problems were not suddenly going to go away without action having to be taken. Yes it shouldn't have happened in the first place but at least we can see the club listening to feedback and taking action. Not sure if having to remember your seat number for a few minutes is a real inconvenience, I'm sure you will tell me if it is :) lets embrace being able to take part in the solution to these issues :)

How many punters who have already printed their tickets off, will check the OS to see what turnstile they have to use??

It's going to be ******* chaos tonight!!

Not sure if having to remember your seat number for a few minutes is a real inconvenience, I'm sure you will tell me if it is :)

I suppose it depends how many pints you've had beforehand!

I was thinking more along the lines of the scenario EMB outlined above, i.e. finding someone in your seat but not being able to prove it's your seat (although with a likely crowd of around 11k I guess that's (a) unlikely and (b) wouldn't be a huge problem with the number of spare seats).

• Admin

Question really is how is taking these print outs off of people really going to make any difference?

They haven't scanned all season, the real reason here is the club have obviously read comments on other threads about making copies of these print outs, so the only way to try and stop it is to try and see if any duplicates are handed over tonight.

Not sure how many of these there actually are, but I pity whoever has to check them over the next few days.

As for taking season cards off of people because they didn't work and now people have to queue to collect a replacement OR A PAPER COPY !. what is going on at the ground, this really is a shambles

That's exactly how I read it - question is, will the club take legal action or make the original ticket purchaser held accountable for all the photocopied tickets?

How many punters who have already printed their tickets off, will check the OS to see what turnstile they have to use??

It's going to be ******* chaos tonight!!

Same happened on Saturday, including one person who was spoken to rather aggressively by a steward asking why he was in the wrong queue despite it being advertised online.

Last season the season ticket scanned through the plastic wallet - now you have to fiddle about to take it out. If they get wet tonight - what is the betting that they don't scan? Will they take away all the offending season tickets and make us all queue before the next match? If any of us get upset - we might find ourselves on the naughty step!

That's exactly how I read it - question is, will the club take legal action or make the original ticket purchaser held accountable for all the photocopied tickets?

Can't see how they could. If the system had anything about it, that barcode would be deactivated once it had been used, and it would be for the club to find the person who hadn't paid for entry if they wanted to find someone accountable.

The original purchaser could rightly say, 'I printed the ticket at work and it was 10 minutes before I walked to the printer and grabbed it, so it would have just been sitting there'.

Archived