IGNORED

Urgent Ticketing Update For Tonight

AdamB

In fairness the club probably has a legal liability for health and safety to ensure they know how many people are in the ground. Proper testing should have been performed.

What concerns me is that my season ticket has never scanned correctly, neither has my daughter's or father-in-laws. Most people wouldn't be aware because they are simply are being let in. I think the club will end up re-issuing a very large proportion of the tickets because the clarity of the bar code on at least the STs I have is very poor and would be unlikely to scan. Confiscating people's season tickets would be a PR disaster.

I had hoped the club would have added to their update with a 'staff from various departments will be monitoring queues this evening and we will be having an internal meeting tomorrow to discuss our findings, from what we've seen to the comments we've received, if it means we need to open more turnstiles in the future, we will. If it shows the system we've implemented isn't fit for purpose then we'll decommission it and look at introducing something that works'.

Rather than just saying 'Ooh, we didn't think that people would print duplicate tickets, so we'll put a stop to that'.

In fairness the club probably has a legal liability for health and safety to ensure they know how many people are in the ground. Proper testing should have been performed.

What concerns me is that my season ticket has never scanned correctly, neither has my daughter's or father-in-laws. Most people wouldn't be aware because they simply are being let in. I think the club will end up re-issuing a very large proportion of the tickets because the clarity of the bar code on at least the STs I have is very poor and would be unlikely to scan.

They do, so it begs the question why they opened the gates and let people through in the first place

Rich_s, on 17 Sept 2013 - 1:23 PM, said:snapback.png

What concerns me is that my season ticket has never scanned correctly, neither has my daughter's or father-in-laws. Most people wouldn't be aware because they simply are being let in. I think the club will end up re-issuing a very large proportion of the tickets because the clarity of the bar code on at least the STs I have is very poor and would be unlikely to scan.

They do, so it begs the question why they opened the gates and let people through in the first place

Because the chaos would have been even greater and more of a health & safety issue IMHO. They're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

The only true solution is to fix the system first, make void all ST tickets, fix the e-ticket system, re-issue all season tickets.

I really not looking forward to queuing in the rain tonight.

Can't see how they could. If the system had anything about it, that barcode would be deactivated once it had been used, and it would be for the club to find the person who hadn't paid for entry if they wanted to find someone accountable.

The original purchaser could rightly say, 'I printed the ticket at work and it was 10 minutes before I walked to the printer and grabbed it, so it would have just been sitting there'.

I know City have proved otherwise ;-) but you can't disable barcodes, you can only put a block on the unique id it translates into.

The trouble is, I bet all their handheld scanners probably don't talk back to a central server(due to lack of WIFI signal, contention etc), so they could probably only check that the barcode scans correctly - not that the id has been used multiple times.

I expect it's only at the end of the night when they put all the scanners in a docking station and do a batch upload that they'll find that tickets have been scanned multiple times - hence why they're suspending e-tickets !!

so essentially it's:

'e-tickets arent going to happen anymore, but if you have one for today's game bring it along and we'll scan it and take it off you before you get in the ground, meaning you have no evidence of the seat you're in is yours. Also, If you have a season ticket you have to que up for a paper ticket any way.'

Slight overreaction by some on here - this is not going to command a big crowd - if somebody if someone is in my seat I am sure there will be a spare or 10,000 knocking about somewhere - finding 3, 4, 5 together shouldn't be a problem. If they are expecting hundreds of fans to have issues, they would not suggest waiting in a queue outside - the article does highlight you shoud be there for 17.30 if it's a season ticket you're after.

And I was told that you could print tickets off any number of times and a new barcode would be created each time these were done off the website. This could be part of the problem - you cannot loose a ticket,print a new one and have 2 of the same ticket. Once a new barcode is issued, the old one is invalid - it will not scan.

The tickets haven't scanned which invalidates the security of them.

I have had problems but have always been able to resolve them by talking to someone at the club and arranging for something to be sorted. We know the club have had an absolute 'mare lately with tickets - they are doing something about it. If this works, I'd rather them do it now than in the middle of December when a) the season is half-done and b) it's a bit nippy.

Saving money and joining the 21st century, it is infuriating but the club has had issues with the website, the kit supplier and the ticket selling host this season and have been lambasted at some point for each of these issues.

Hope the info on the barcodes is useful to anyone - I phoned the club and was told this by someone in the ticket office

Rich_s, on 17 Sept 2013 - 1:23 PM, said:snapback.png

Because the chaos would have been even greater and more of a health & safety issue IMHO. They're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

The only true solution is to fix the system first, make void all ST tickets, fix the e-ticket system, re-issue all season tickets.

I really not looking forward to queuing in the rain tonight.

ummm been to old trafford several times never ever had a problem how the **** do they cope?. We are talking about 11 to 14k FFS not 76k.

I know City have proved otherwise ;-) but you can't disable barcodes, you can only put a block on the unique id it translates into.

The trouble is, I bet all their handheld scanners probably don't talk back to a central server(due to lack of WIFI signal, contention etc), so they could probably only check that the barcode scans correctly - not that the id has been used multiple times.

I expect it's only at the end of the night when they put all the scanners in a docking station and do a batch upload that they'll find that tickets have been scanned multiple times - hence why they're suspending e-tickets !!

Part of the problem in many instances is that the scanners simply cannot read the barcodes on e-tickets and the stewards are simply letting people through.

I was working abroad last year and only attended once of twice but from what I hear the previous system sounded good and well thought through. With the greatest respect to gcse students this current system is like a D grade GCSE project.

Last season the season ticket scanned through the plastic wallet - now you have to fiddle about to take it out. If they get wet tonight - what is the betting that they don't scan? Will they take away all the offending season tickets and make us all queue before the next match? If any of us get upset - we might find ourselves on the naughty step!

I would say that's right on the ball.

As they say in Germany. Ohne mich - without me.

Slight overreaction by some on here - this is not going to command a big crowd - if somebody if someone is in my seat I am sure there will be a spare or 10,000 knocking about somewhere - finding 3, 4, 5 together shouldn't be a problem. If they are expecting hundreds of fans to have issues, they would not suggest waiting in a queue outside - the article does highlight you shoud be there for 17.30 if it's a season ticket you're after.

And I was told that you could print tickets off any number of times and a new barcode would be created each time these were done off the website. This could be part of the problem - you cannot loose a ticket,print a new one and have 2 of the same ticket. Once a new barcode is issued, the old one is invalid - it will not scan.

The tickets haven't scanned which invalidates the security of them.

I have had problems but have always been able to resolve them by talking to someone at the club and arranging for something to be sorted. We know the club have had an absolute 'mare lately with tickets - they are doing something about it. If this works, I'd rather them do it now than in the middle of December when a) the season is half-done and b) it's a bit nippy.

Saving money and joining the 21st century, it is infuriating but the club has had issues with the website, the kit supplier and the ticket selling host this season and have been lambasted at some point for each of these issues.

Hope the info on the barcodes is useful to anyone - I phoned the club and was told this by someone in the ticket office

They're a bunch of cheeky ***** then aren't they. Most people don't finish work until 17.30.

Just out of interest, I have a cold already , and am expecting to que for at least 30 mins to get my ST back that was taken from me Saturday so will have a brolly with me, will they stop me taking that into the ground ?

If so they best have a "brolly park" and I will be asking for a receipt for it ;)

Cheers

Mark

They're a bunch of cheeky c**ts then aren't they. Most people don't finish work until 17.30.

It says FROM 5.30, so I guess not before and you can come anytime after. It depends how much of a gambler you are to leave it too late though.

It says FROM 5.30, so I guess not before and you can come anytime after. It depends how much of a gambler you are to leave it too late though.

And on how early you can get away from work and eat (we all know there's no need to eat at the football, don't we?)

Two major problems here, 1 obviously not all fans will get the information in fact a huge majority will not and secondly you can bet your arse that stewards, club shop, ticket office and Uncle Tom Cobbley will doubtless receive a varying degree of the full information, not understand what they have told or just make it up again.

Opps

Ive just informed 3 others about this as they dont use this forum,but like me had their ST's taken Saturday, and all 3 and they were independant of each other said they would now cancel the direct debit with zebra and to hell with the ST.

For them like most I guess its not a money thing when getting a ST but the convieneance of just being able to rock up at AG and gain entrance

I know it is for me, i cant make every match and after working it out i actually lose money by having a ST but its just an easy option for me, or at least it was !

I guess there is also many more out there as i type cancelling the zebra DD

My next issue is if i have to get down AG from 17:30 and im sorted by lets say 18:00 ( i know doubtful but you never know) then what am i to do ?

Only thing there to do is to get rat arsed, i feel the yellow hi-vis mafia could be in for a rough night tonight!

Cheers

Mark

Opps

Ive just informed 3 others about this as they dont use this forum,but like me had their ST's taken Saturday, and all 3 and they were independant of each other said they would now cancel the direct debit with zebra and to hell with the ST.

For them like most I guess its not a money thing when getting a ST but the convieneance of just being able to rock up at AG and gain entrance

I know it is for me, i cant make every match and after working it out i actually lose money by having a ST but its just an easy option for me, or at least it was !

I guess there is also many more out there as i type cancelling the zebra DD

My next issue is if i have to get down AG from 17:30 and im sorted by lets say 18:00 ( i know doubtful but you never know) then what am i to do ?

Only thing there to do is to get rat arsed, i feel the yellow hi-vis mafia could be in for a rough night tonight!

Cheers

Mark

Should start up a disfranchised city supporters group! I can see many more leaving as well.

Archived