IGNORED

Why Does Bristol Never Build Anything -Bbc Article

Stewbold

This somes it all up!

Venue Idea                                      First mooted                   Opened

Millennium Stadium                          1994                               1999

Wales Millennium Centre                  1995                               2004

Cardiff City Stadium                          2002                               2009

Swalec Stadium                                2005                                2008

Bristol Arena                                     2003                                Yet to be built

Bristol Rovers stadium                      2005                                Yet to be built

Bristol City stadium                           2008                                Yet to be built

And the rest:

New Sports/Athletic Stadium

New Ice Rink

Cardiff Bay Development

Valleys Railway Network Electrification

Welsh Assembly Buildings

.. meanwhile we might be getting a concrete bus route.  Yay.

To be fair to the council, they've actually done their part by granting planning permission for both the City and Rovers stadiums, as well as the "enabling" supermarket developments.  What's holding them back is a handful of local residents and the absurd levels of influence they're allowed to have in English law.

Contrastingly in China they wanted a high speed rail line (like our HS2). If anyone protested, they were toold "The Central Committee has made a decision" and that was it. No costly reviews etc. There was a photo in some papers that one man refused to move when asked to do so when a new motorway was being built. His house still stands and he lives in it, but the house now stands on ewhat has become the central reservation!

Conspiracy theory # 1........Illuminati

2........Masons

3........Templars

I know the rest..

4 Calling Birds

5 Golden Rings

6 Geese a Laying

7 Swans a Swimming

8 Maids a Milking

9 Ladies Dancing

10 Lords a Leaping

11 Pipers Piping

12 Drummers Drumming

Good old Auntie Beeb, - the broadcasting organisation who in recent years have not been slow in relocating much of its highly successful Bristol based productions (inc Casualty , Being Human etc.. ) across the Severn to brand new state of the art Cardiff studios.

Cardiff now the home to many high profile (& city income generating) BBC series - Dr Who for one.

We still host their world famous Natural History Unit (I think??) and a few bits and bobs, but the Beeb readily grabbed the opportunity to dig into a nice pot of Welsh arts/broadcasting gold, facilitated by Welsh Development Agency funding which in turn was/is largely (if not wholly) funded by grants from tax payers via Westminster.. & defect across the bridge. 

Anyway tv & film is still surviving in Bristol & is still the home of the brilliant Wallace & Grommit :thumbsup: & of course talking of 'bankers' Noel Edmonds dream factory - Deal or No Deal ;)

Sadly when it comes to meaningful potential development in Bristol the outcome more often than not is NO DEAL! :grr:

Good old Auntie Beeb, - the broadcasting organisation who in recent years have not been slow in relocating much of its highly successful Bristol based productions (inc Casualty , Being Human etc.. ) across the Severn to brand new state of the art Cardiff studios.

Cardiff now the home to many high profile (& city income generating) BBC series - Dr Who for one.

We still host their world famous Natural History Unit (I think??) and a few bits and bobs, but the Beeb readily grabbed the opportunity to dig into a nice pot of Welsh arts/broadcasting gold, facilitated by Welsh Development Agency funding which in turn was/is largely (if not wholly) funded by grants from tax payers via Westminster.. & defect across the bridge. 

Anyway tv & film is still surviving in Bristol & is still the home of the brilliant Wallace & Grommit :thumbsup: & of course talking of 'bankers' Noel Edmonds dream factory - Deal or No Deal ;)

Sadly when it comes to meaningful potential development in Bristol the outcome more often than not is NO DEAL! :grr:

The treasonous BBC are also never slow in bigging up the hopelessly corrupt and criminal led European Union project and its traitor sponsors in the Lib-Lab-Con. As a Bristolian I'm saddened at how Bristol and its football clubs - including the Gas !!!!!! - are going down the pan. It's heartbreaking that we couldn't even put out a side capable of beating Twatford in the FA Cup.

as long as we have hippocrites like red trousers about the city is fcuked, spouts noncence but with his hidden agenda of promoting his own businesses and linning his pocket.

have you noticed recently anytime red trousers is given a tv slot longer than just a few seconds it has to take in and show the tabacco factory, nice cheap advertising if you can get it.

Conspiracy theory # 1........Illuminati

2........Masons

3........Templars

Bristol was, most definately, a Templar city prior to that military order being abolished by the Pope. It was Knights Templar money that financed the early expansion and the sea trading and commerce of Bristol as a port city.

Walk round the city centre and main shopping areas your hard pressed at times to hear a Brizzle / West country accent same in Weston either the droning boring midlands accent or a foreigner most of them have no idea of anything a couple of miles outside of their own little box.The welsh and other parts of the country have a pride and drive that is wide spread in their home patch .Bristol is a smug middle class tree hugging Ferguson,Radice,Crispen run backwater.

**** all is built for joe public and that is how it will remain.

Walk round the city centre and main shopping areas your hard pressed at times to hear a Brizzle / West country accent same in Weston either the droning boring midlands accent or a foreigner most of them have no idea of anything a couple of miles outside of their own little box.The welsh and other parts of the country have a pride and drive that is wide spread in their home patch .Bristol is a smug middle class tree hugging Ferguson,Radice,Crispen run backwater.

**** all is built for joe public and that is how it will remain.

....indeed, Bristol is most defiantely a football backwater. One third tier team of losers that lost to Twatford to avoid an FA Cup encounter with Manchester City (that's how it looked to me) and one fourth tier team of losers that look set for Conference football.

....indeed, Bristol is most defiantely a football backwater. One third tier team of losers that lost to Twatford to avoid an FA Cup encounter with Manchester City (that's how it looked to me) and one fourth tier team of losers that look set for Conference football.

But we built concord.....shame tis true...we are crap at footy.....Why ?.....is it us ?

Bristol was, most definately, a Templar city prior to that military order being abolished by the Pope. It was Knights Templar money that financed the early expansion and the sea trading and commerce of Bristol as a port city.

As well as a Parliamentarian city. What has changed? we are still living in the dark ages.

And, of course, financed Temple Meads ;)

Seriously, that's very interesting. It hadn't occurred to me, although it should.

And, of course, financed Temple Meads ;)

Seriously, that's very interesting. It hadn't occurred to me, although it should.

If the Knights Templar still held financial sway in Bristol we'd be - most likely - up against the likes of Galatasaray or Barcelona (as per Chelsea and Man City) in the European Cup knock out stages instead of being knocked out of the FA Cup by the 'mighty' Elton John sponsored Twatford.

Both are nice cities and should work together more in my opinion, we could be a special and very prosperous area then.

Cardiff has lots of facilities...this is starting imminently too

http://www.icearenawales.co.uk/

People saying Cardiff is grim..well, I know it's a bit tongue in cheek, but your heads are in the sand chaps. The city is beautiful, more parks than any other UK city, and the water across the bay is a view difficult to surpass in Bristol.

and...well, I mean, consider this:

Bristol Castle

http://www.wellho.net/pix/bcast1.jpg

Cardiff Castle

http://marjolaine-martinez.monipag.com/files/cardiff-bute-park-looking.jpg

Both are nice cities though, with different aspects that are better or worse than eachother.

But we built concord.....shame tis true...we are crap at footy.....Why ?.....is it us ?

Bristol's glory is now very much in the past just as Bristol City FC's glory days are in the past. Sad but true and the thread about the 40th anniversary of the defeat of the then mighty Leeds United brought this facet of truth to bear in my mind. Sad but true.

Both are nice cities and should work together more in my opinion, we could be a special and very prosperous area then.

Cardiff has lots of facilities...this is starting imminently too

http://www.icearenawales.co.uk/

People saying Cardiff is grim..well, I know it's a bit tongue in cheek, but your heads are in the sand chaps. The city is beautiful, more parks than any other UK city, and the water across the bay is a view difficult to surpass in Bristol.

and...well, I mean, consider this:

Bristol Castle

%7Boption%7Dhttp://www.wellho.net/pix/bcast1.jpg[/IMG]

Cardiff Castle

%7Boption%7Dhttp://marjolaine-martinez.monipag.com/files/cardiff-bute-park-looking.jpg[/IMG]

Both are nice cities though, with different aspects that are better or worse than eachother.

you blocked the tidal flow..........ask the birds

Did you tell them ? or indeed did you ask them...!

It is possibly the case that some wading birds have been displaced, but there is still a LOT of mudflats around the city, the area that was in the docks is insignificant, and either way new wildlife areas have been created.

But yep, Cardiff is less likely to let a few birds hold up progress, and rightly so. We are still the greenest city in the UK (proportionately) and Bute Park would provide life to a range of wildlife in Cardiff that simply doesn't exist in Bristol City centre.

Archived