IGNORED

Simon Moore

BCFC101

Imagine signing two young goalkeepers, one of whom was England U21 'keeper, then realising that neither were any good and having to bring in somebody else.

Think it's a tad harsh on Fielding if he doesn't get another chance at this stage but anyone who comes in and manages not to have all the footballer coached out of him is alright with me. We can but hope.

He is absolutely outstanding. Way too good for this level. It even fits in with the 24 and under policy! If Cotterill pulls this one out of the bag I take my hat off to him.

Last night was the final straw. We desperately need a decent keeper.

Judging by this news, I suspect it was for Cotterill too. Would be a superb signing.

I think a confident, commanding keeper could have a hugely beneficial influence on our defence _ I might be wrong though !

I think you need to review your expexctations Tim. This is just a rumour (isnt it?) yet he's being hailed as the Messi to save our season. The comments on this thread smack of the over expectation of every player we've brought in this season and yet unless they score a hatrick in their first game, they're thrown on the junk heap and its 'board/COTs out'.

I appreciate we want to live in hope but i think some need a big reality check.

Hopefully both.Yet another thing we have to thank SOD.Fielding one of the worst keepers ever signed.

Let's be honest was there anyone who wasn't pleased with Fielding's arrival? He has clearly got himself on a downward spiral of form and doesn't look like he can return to his old self.

Not sure we can blame SOD/Burt for any of the signings. At least a positive legacy has been left in the sense that if the younger players improve they can be sold on for a profit or go on to better us. If they don't work so be it. Better than being lumbered with a useless journeyman. Certainly operated better in the transfer market than the clueless McInnes.

Let's be honest was there anyone who wasn't pleased with Fielding's arrival? He has clearly got himself on a downward spiral of form and doesn't look like he can return to his old self.

Not sure we can blame SOD/Burt for any of the signings. At least a positive legacy has been left in the sense that if the younger players improve they can be sold on for a profit or go on to better us. If they don't work so be it. Better than being lumbered with a useless journeyman. Certainly operated better in the transfer market than the clueless McInnes.

Yep that's what's baffling. On paper there is not many of our signings that I thought were poor at the time. Something happens to them when they join us.

I for one was delighted when we brought in Fielding.  

He had age on his side, experience at a higher level, and international recognition; I thought we'd got a real coup.

But any good qualities were counter balanced by his woeful, goal-costing mistakes.  He simply looked a liability.

To be fair to Parish, he came here as second choice, and though far more consistent than Fielding, he has never looked 'sturdy', though he's not exactly had a defence worth much in front of him the majority of the time.

Right now, no player in the team can really expect to be guaranteed a place; we even dropped our top scorer last night, so Parish can hardly complain if we look to bring in someone over him.

And all this is to say; as good as this keeper might be, many were equally keen on Fielding, so perhaps give a thought to what the constant across the last three (hell, extend that to four and include Heaton, now competing at the top of the Championship) keeper has been which is our defence.

That has always, always been the major issue here.

Archived