IGNORED

Simon Moore

BCFC101

And some on this board had met the man, and actually found him thoroughly personable.

SL didn't sanction it because he was going through his phase of "I'm not making the decisions, but I'll sign the cheques".  He'd handed the reigns over.

That's not my understanding at all, but you are certainly right to say he didn't like him before too long.

It's one thing to be an idiosyncratic, rude, big-head when you are winning games (a la Clough) but when you can't buy a point, the tolerance tends to evapourate.

That's not my understanding at all, but you are certainly right to say he didn't like him before too long.

It's one thing to be an idiosyncratic, rude, big-head when you are winning games (a la Clough) but when you can't buy a point, the tolerance tends to evapourate.

Who was being rude and big-headed?  Cotterill after the Wolves game?

Who was being rude and big-headed?  Cotterill after the Wolves game?

Maybe, I don't listen to post match interviews from anyone; they nearly always tell you absolutely anything - and that applies to the footballing elite as well as the also-rans.

Cotterill seemed pleasant enough, garrulous, a bit laddy perhaps, when I met him. Never met SOD but know people who have and who worked with him at different clubs and let's just say "he's difficult".

RedDave - if you don't know that SL and SOD didn't get on then you haven't been watching and listening very closely.

It's very evident, and I know for a fact that it is the case.  SL didn't want SOD from Day One and SOD was never given full backing and support by SL.  Don't ask for evidence of this, as I am not able to share with you the personal conversations I've had to this end.

reading on a forum that they didn't get on and 'knowing' that they didn't get on are two different things. I don't see where it's evident either apart from a few peoples say so on the internet.

As Einstein said, don't believe everything you read on the internet.

Unfortunately people in the know, which you may well be one, can never reveal their sources (obviously) so we never really know who is in the know!

Twice in one day. Perhaps you will answer this one. How do you know SL didn't like SOD? Genuine question. Have I missed a quote or something?

I guess assumption from comments he continued to make through sod's tenure, and comments mad by SOD.

I don't know if he disliked SOD the man, more SOD's methods.

He alluded to ways of working that he found awkward with SO'D various times. He was also unusually quick to point the blame at SO'D once he went, which he never did for any other manager.

All a bit of assumption, but it looks like something was wrong to me.

Archived