IGNORED

Simon Moore

BCFC101

welcome simon, the only thing that is annoying me about this signing is that whatever anybody says to the contrary I am convinced that sc has been given a substantially higher budget than sod was expected to work with !

You have to bear in mind, it's possible that we have made more money than forecasted in the first half of the season - given the cup runs and TV money from Tamworth financially, it's probably not been a bad 6 months.

SOD didn't want to use some of his budget on a 3rd keeper, we could probably afford said 3rd keeper with what we've saved not paying clean sheet bonuses!

Half agree, red dave, I think it's partially became sl couldn't stand sod, and partly sheer panic by our clue less board ! oh well at least their worried about relegation, they blatantly didn't care about it last season !

Nope sod signed Williams winter Thomas Richards fielding parish wagstaff Maloney Gillett Osborne o'connor dunk brundle flint

That's 14 players that's not the sign of someone with a small or no budget he just hasn't used it well

Very happy with this signing, was saying in the car on the way back from Brentford if we don't get another keeper soon we will be effed royally. The other two are far to prone to giving away goals! Moore was a steady keeper in this division last season, weren't we after him in the summer?

Nope sod signed Williams winter Thomas Richards fielding parish wagstaff Maloney Gillett Osborne o'connor dunk brundle flint

That's 14 players that's not the sign of someone with a small or no budget he just hasn't used it well

You missed out Shorey, Pack, Harewood & McClaughlin.

And Maloney was last season.

Williams, Wynter, Richards, Parish, Wagstaff, Maloney, and Brundle were all free - technically so was JET as it was a swap

Gillet, Osborne, O'Connor, Dunk - all loans

Flint - was bought by the board.

Good news - surely he's better than what we've got, but:

Isle of Wight National team?

Have I missed something here?

As someone who (like Simon) has played for Brading and the Isle the Wight, perhaps I could explain? ... I quite like the idea of the IoW as a nation but despite declaring UDI and having candidates stand at general elections in the 60/70s, the IoW Nationalists never made much headway.

Simon's five caps would have been for representing the Island in the Inter-Island Games and as one of my erstwhile "Caulkheads" has pointed out, they've beaten Gibraltar in this competion and they are now full UEFA members!

Looking at Moore's background he strikes me having a similar story to Parish. 'Prospective keeper signs for Cardiff but fails to make an appearance as a number 2 or number 3 off the bench', but at least he's played at this level before.

Difference is he has been a very good keeper at this level which sadly Parish has not been,

As someone who (like Simon) has played for Brading and the Isle the Wight, perhaps I could explain? ... I quite like the idea of the IoW as a nation but despite declaring UDI and having candidates stand at general elections in the 60/70s, the IoW Nationalists never made much headway.

Simon's five caps would have been for representing the Island in the Inter-Island Games and as one of my erstwhile "Caulkheads" has pointed out, they've beaten Gibraltar in this competion and they are now full UEFA members!

Thank you for that - it being a slow day here I looked the IoW up on wiki. Not sure that they are full UEFA members, least not according the UEFA web site (I told you it was a slow day).

For anyone interested in IoW football the links is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isle_of_Wight_official_football_team

Looking at their squad I think my favourite is Matthew Pollard, who is described as Team Cook and Vest Distribution Officer.

Seems like fun - how a about a pre-season tour? So much more accessible than Botswana.

Williams, Wynter, Richards, Parish, Wagstaff, Maloney, and Brundle were all free - technically so was JET as it was a swap

Gillet, Osborne, O'Connor, Dunk - all loans

Flint - was bought by the board.

No such thing as a free transfer......not paying a fee to the club the player is leaving just gives them more scope to negotiate a signing on fee and wages. All of these players would have still cost the club money and eat into the budget

Sounds like a decent signing to be honest! I don't he will end up signing on a permanent basis though. Could this spell the end for Fielding at the club?

Be interesting to see whether or not he goes straight into the side on saturday. 

I've done a write up of the signing if anyone fancies a read:http://bristolsportsblogger.com/2014/01/30/city-tie-up-deal-for-keeper-moore comments and feedback always appreciated!

Sounds like a decent signing to be honest! I don't he will end up signing on a permanent basis though. Could this spell the end for Fielding at the club?

Be interesting to see whether or not he goes straight into the side on saturday.

I've done a write up of the signing if anyone fancies a read:http://bristolsportsblogger.com/2014/01/30/city-tie-up-deal-for-keeper-moore comments and feedback always appreciated!

More pertinately ,could this spell the end for Moore !

Or Moore is less .

I still think Parish will turn out to be a decent keeper. It's his first season proper and he did well to start with, it's understandable his confidence has been shot given the players in front of him.

It's a vicious circle cos I doubt the defence have much confidence in him dropping clangers all the time either. Something needed to be done and I'm hoping Moore is the answer.

Cotterill has said either Parish or Fielding could go out on loan. He also said that it was hard telling Fielding that Moore has arrived. Moore set to start on Saturday.

Though I understand the sentiment (hard telling a player he's bringing in competition), Fielding surely cannot look on his time here and see this as a surprise.

He played ten games and shipped 21 goals, his last seeing him part of a team that lost to a side fighting for their lives in League Two right now. 

The very fact Fielding has not made an appearance since then (early October) under two different managers now means he can't be too astonished he's not in our plans.

It is very disappointing (especially as he's still got two and half years on his deal) but in our situation, we must do anything and everything to stop conceding, and fast.

More pertinately ,could this spell the end for Moore !

Or Moore is less .

I genuinely feel sorry for this poor bloke.  

I wonder if he realises this could massively derail what was looking like a very promising career.

Really hope I'm wrong, but having to stand between the sticks with our shambles of a defence in front of him could be disastrous for his confidence and even his footballing future.  :shocking:  

Archived