IGNORED

Old Characters And Where Are They Now?

Rich

havent seen paul for yrs always very game

Top lad, could look after himself against most. City had a serious firm in the late 80s/90s! Anyone remember the Market Tavern incident v The Gas???? What about Watford down by the docks?? Forget the name of the boozer?

Pauls health has not been good and  hasn't been down for a few years, A book could be written about his exploits , most of it not printable on here, one of the original organisers in the 70s, legendary away trips , when he was on the buses , he sometimes did the 318 sodbury to town on a Saturday when the monoxide were home, he would slow the bus down approaching a stop packed with methane , stick the vs up and drive on ! that always amused me

now there's a thought for one of our more educated lads.  Having read some memoirs from back in the day, I'm sure Acker's recollections would make a rattling good read!  Anyone fancy asking Paul if there''s anything he'd like to commit to the old dictafone?  Reserve me a copy right now!  BTW, hope that the summer brings a bit of good health Paul, mate.  Good times!!!!

A Police van got turned over after that game,and it went off with City and the Police.

I can remember the Nolan's being mentioned in the press,just can't remember why!

That always makes me smile , I think my mate was the only one nicked for that and even with the need to sign on with the Police on match days, they got the times so wrong he made it to Newport (?) shortly after. 

Does anybody remember bigish Indian looking bloke think his name is tich used to knock around with I think they called him cockney sean used to be a game mob of those boys

Titch is a Totterdown lad, think he still goes to the "big" games, Sean's still a big fan and still attends AG from time to time 

Surprised theres been no mention of Beanie, Hogger and Angus, all "characters" who been going down for years.

I think the thread was characters, rather than nutters!

Remember all three well, including Chris G, Roger and the rest of that loony mob! Tich used to drink in the Sun a lot, tough guy! Still goes down when the biggie is on.

Has Jasper had a mention yet?

When I hear his name I have visions of The Brown* Bull, Kings Road, pre match formation glass and bottle dodging competition

against one arm Bab's and Chelsea's finest...........biggest bar brawl I have ever witnessed........

If you were there then you'll know why Jasper always reminds me of this particular west London pub and the events of that day

edit: * it might of been called the Black Bull, long time ago !

Top lad, could look after himself against most. City had a serious firm in the late 80s/90s! Anyone remember the Market Tavern incident v The Gas???? What about Watford down by the docks?? Forget the name of the boozer?

We had a great mob late 80's/90's. All game and top lads, when we had it with Watford by the Hole in the Wall, even numbers, but the sheer violence on that day meant half of Watfords lot left their firm after that, as told by their lad in Capital Punishment I think it was.

Archived