IGNORED

Old Characters And Where Are They Now?

Rich

I'll start this off if anyone's interested.

Dingo. I remember him in the late 60s/early 70's. He reminded me of Noddy Holder, he was a biggish lad who used to wear a parka coat covered in badges and I think a union flag on the back.  Anyone know if he's still around or what happened to him?

Tony Harling in the Dolman. Up near the top Block B.early 80's Used to bellow B.....................RISTOL        B.....................RISTOL came from Hemel Hempstead I believe

I remember this guy.  When he started hollering ten thousand faces would turn to see where the noise came from.  What a voice!

Tank...wasn't he part of the Yate posse, big lad.

Black Jack.....Southmead 

Dunno the other two....

Flagship, if memory serves, used to wear a hat and lots and lots of badges. The story I heard about him was that on City's first season back in the top flight, a group of City went to West Ham and got a rough reception. They left Flagship alone though because they thought if he dressed like that, he must be nuts. :blink:

Surprised Black Jack needed that many to arrest him - he wasn't that big a chap.

Flagship, if memory serves, used to wear a hat and lots and lots of badges. The story I heard about him was that on City's first season back in the top flight, a group of City went to West Ham and got a rough reception. They left Flagship alone though because they thought if he dressed like that, he must be nuts. :blink:

Surprised Black Jack needed that many to arrest him - he wasn't that big a chap.

Flag ship still at every home game, still dressed the same with a silk scarf around his wrist.

Billy the Blade - short bloke from Bedminster/Knowle way?

Only ask as I used to work with a painter/decorator called Bill who used to tell me stories about his time as a City hooli, said he was known as Billy the Blade.

Saying that, might just have been pulling my leg!

Who was the big bloke ( fattish) who wore a black berry on his head, late 70's early 80's.

I remember seeing him front up to about 30 West Ham youth outside the East End,none of those 30 would go near him

Possibly Bones..........but I don't remember him wearing a phone on his head, sometimes wore a black beret ! ;)

A few I remember from the Dolman....

'Buffalo Bill'- Huge guy with long curly grey hair. Wears dark clothes to matches. Parks up on the industrial park pre match and always gets the first available space.

'The Pikers' - A pair of old brothers (one called Stu), sit in Dolman D near the front. Used to call every opposition player a piker. Hilarious double act. Could hear em from where I used to sit above em. Funny blokes.

'Casanova' - In the August/September games, he strolls about with his black silk shirt unbuttoned down to his naval, chest rug out, gold bling chains. Must be 60 odd.

I remember him doing a one man assault on the old Tower End (B'pool) It took about half a dozen OB to arrest him !

That was November 1972.

Inside the ground we City fans had a brick thrown at us completely ignored buy the local Police. When it was returned whence it came, that City fan got three months.

That was November 1972.

Inside the ground we City fans had a brick thrown at us completely ignored buy the local Police. When it was returned whence it came, that City fan got three months.

I'd forgotten the brick bit. Either BJ or someone else found a breeze block and staggered with it up the terracing and launched it !

Our coach broke down and got in 20 mins after ko, we were two down by then, so some of us weren't too interested in proceedings on the pitch .     :shifty:

Archived