IGNORED

Mh370 - Missing Malaysia B777

BRISTOL86

One of our ships is now looking for this plane. Who's paying for that? Why don't the Chinese stump up and pay our costs for this goose chase?

Soft touch Britain again.

It's a sad mind that correlates compassion with being a soft touch.

It's a sad mind that correlates compassion with being a soft touch.

Well that's your opinion - good for you. Compassion is a continuum and the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

I just don't want my tax money wasted on searching for missing plane that has nothing to do with us or our neighbours.

It's crashed in to the sea. They are all dead. Sad etc.   I'd rather we spend our money on our citizens that are alive. China can spend its new found riches looking for its dead.

Well that's your opinion - good for you. Compassion is a continuum and the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

I just don't want my tax money wasted on searching for missing plane that has nothing to do with us or our neighbours.

It's crashed in to the sea. They are all dead. Sad etc.   I'd rather we spend our money on our citizens that are alive. China can spend its new found riches looking for its dead.

And would your family feel the same if King Carrot was sat in row 23c on the same flight ?

Ever thought of a career with The Samaritans ?

It's crashed in to the sea. They are all dead. Sad etc. I'd rather we spend our money on our citizens that are alive. China can spend its new found riches looking for its dead.

Ignoring your lack of compassion for your fellow man, how is it costing us any money? This ship was pottering about off the cost of Australia anyway, we haven't sent it full steam from Plymouth and I don't think you get danger money for looking for chunks of plane so the wages on board won't have gone up

Sorry, I'm just not that bothered about Vincent Tan's sunken nan.

What on earth are you talking about ?  Are you from this planet ?  Do you have a leader with greater intelligence (which obviously wouldn't be too difficult) ?

It's crashed in to the sea. They are all dead. Sad etc. I'd rather we spend our money on our citizens that are alive. China can spend its new found riches looking for its dead.

Not everything in life is about money. I like seeing countries put differences and money aside and helping eachother.

Some countries will always help others out.

For instance when the Falklands kicked off New Zealand were there for us straightaway.

Of the Commonwealth nations, New Zealand made available the frigates HMNZS Canterbury and HMNZS Waikato as replacements for British ships in the Indian Ocean, freeing British vessels for deployment to the Falklands.

I bet the kiwis didn't moan about there taxes!

Not everything in life is about money. I like seeing countries put differences and money aside and helping eachother.

It's pretty unprecedented the people working together on the search. China and Japan being just one example. Sensing China are starting to be more friendly towards the west now that growth is starting to drop. Probably a discussion for another thread though

• Admin

The following SMS message has been sent to relatives:

"Malaysia Airlines deeply regrets that we have to assume beyond any reasonable doubt that MH370 has been lost and that none of those on board survived.

As you will hear in the next hour from Malaysia's Prime Minister, we must now accept all evidence suggests the plane went down in the Southern Indian Ocean."

The following SMS message has been sent to relatives:

"Malaysia Airlines deeply regrets that we have to assume beyond any reasonable doubt that MH370 has been lost and that none of those on board survived.

As you will hear in the next hour from Malaysia's Prime Minister, we must now accept all evidence suggests the plane went down in the Southern Indian Ocean."

I still don't understand why this has taken over 2 weeks.

Via SMS? Seriously?!

Pretty much conclusive after about 5 days that it was at the bottom of an ocean somewhere.

I still don't understand why this has taken over 2 weeks.

Been a PR and communication mess from the very start - hence the long list of conspiracy theories.

The officials of the airline and the government officials have been about as honest and caring as a certain welsh club owner, could it be a cultural thing?, banana republic comes to mind.

aye the handling of it has been a absolute mess from the start hence the angry reaction from china,

The only good thing about this is the co-operation from various countrys in the search all putting aside differeances for the greater good,

What I don't get is, how has it flown so far off track and not been detected. How a single person on the plane was not able to communicate if something had gone wrong.

thats assuming all aboard were awake,

There was a theory last week about an onboard fire that would of incpacated the crewe and passangers and the plane then flew on auto pilot until it ran out of fuel,

what it does highlight is the shocking state of radar in some countrys

There was a theory last week about an onboard fire that would of incpacated the crewe and passangers and the plane then flew on auto pilot until it ran out of fuel,

and that the airplane industry is a tightfisted bunch of arse. How much would a GPS tracker cost for each plane?..  They should be making it law after this that each plane has one.

and that the airplane industry is a tightfisted bunch of arse. How much would a GPS tracker cost for each plane?.. They should be making it law after this that each plane has one.

I think I saw an expert say it isn't possible to fit gps to each plane for so many in the sky and would cause confusion with so many signals.

Don't believe it myself but that's what they are saying. How do phones and sat navs work?

But still doesn't explain why it changed course or who changed its course..

Why not one single person raised the alarm if there was a fire/emergency.

Why it wasn't picked up by radar satellite until now.

Sure it will all be explained in time hopefully.

The theory that there was a fire on board and everyone became unconscious by the smoke, yet the plane carried on autopilot becomes more logical by the day.

I think I saw an expert say it isn't possible to fit gps to each plane for so many in the sky and would cause confusion with so many signals.

Don't believe it myself but that's what they are saying. How do phones and sat navs work?

Refuse to believe that, there are thousands of GPS enabled phones sold per day, probably more than actual planes registered to fly in the entire world.

Nothing wrong with radars in any of the countries. You go out of air traffic control range pretty quickly as you get passed from one control tower to another. It is the same the world over. There are too many planes in the sky for stations to take planes from so far out. Hence why flight plans and paths are handed out before every flight so the course of the flight can be mapped before being picked up by air traffic control.

But hey ho but these countries radar is shocking! Just lucky this company and the country they fly from have one of the best safety records in the world! ;)

The only poor thing to happen here is communication from the air company and Malaysian government' which they are rightly getting a whole load of flack for.

Archived