IGNORED

Swindon Fans

_HSPARFITT

Ah man, this will sound like a rant. I promise you it's not but for the purposes of debate I believe this needs to be said...

There have been days of Swindon Town are this and Swindon Town fans are that on OTIB. Swindon's main online community may be much smaller in comparison to OTIB but the main discussions directed at City were in relation to comments made on this forum about Swindon Town. We call you Slavetraders and smile at your inbreeding references and digs at a town that is in desperate need of redevelopment.

Believe it or not but yesterday was your biggest League One gate of the season thus far... and Swindon Town did not bring the biggest away following to Ashton Gate either (the big L1 team(s) did). We all know that the fickle fans need more than a three game run to return en masse. 

OTIB'ers, you're a good lot and I enjoy this forum but some of you, as football fans, have to get over yourselves.

...and that is my honest opinion.

Ah man, this will sound like a rant. I promise you it's not but for the purposes of debate I believe this needs to be said...

There have been days of Swindon Town are this and Swindon Town fans are that on OTIB. Swindon's main online community may be much smaller in comparison to OTIB but the main discussions directed at City were in relation to comments made on this forum about Swindon Town. We call you Slavetraders and smile at your inbreeding references and digs at a town that is in desperate need of redevelopment.

Believe it or not but yesterday was your biggest League One gate of the season thus far... and Swindon Town did not bring the biggest away following to Ashton Gate either (the big L1 team(s) did). We all know that the fickle fans need more than a three game run to return en masse. 

OTIB'ers, you're a good lot and I enjoy this forum but some of you, as football fans, have to get over yourselves.

So, changing the subject, did you go in with the Geordies or on the Hammersmith end?

This happens at every game every day on football forums, it's called banter, don't get so hell bent over it all..

If I looked on the SWINDLE ;) fans forum, I'm sure I can find some hilarious comments about how you're a huge club, should be in the Premier League, and how Swindon is a lovely place to live in :laugh:.. Looking at different banter pages on social networking you taking 4 points off us sees to be the highlight of Swindon Towns history..

But don't also forget you near sold out against us, without taking the time to look like you did, it was probably one of your highest attendances at the County Ground, whilst we didn't sell out our allocation..

But I do agree with one of your comments, Swindon is in massive need of re-development :D

When the sheep come down and we go up....twill be a long lost memory....bless you rich...keep on posting

Not many left now, off the top of my head I can only think of Rangers, Pompey, Fulham, Plymuff and the bastardized Spurs Shelf stand !

Has Plymouth's grandstand not been demolished yet?

Only the listed stands/facades remain now I think. Hearts being one of the remaining notables.

There have been days of Swindon Town are this and Swindon Town fans are that on OTIB. Swindon's main online community may be much smaller in comparison to OTIB but the main discussions directed at City were in relation to comments made on this forum about Swindon Town. We call you Slavetraders and smile at your inbreeding references and digs at a town that is in desperate need of redevelopment.

Bradford home bought out more City Fans.... Just Saying

This happens at every game every day on football forums, it's called banter, don't get so hell bent over it all..

If I looked on the SWINDLE ;) fans forum, I'm sure I can find some hilarious comments about how you're a huge club, should be in the Premier League, and how Swindon is a lovely place to live in :laugh:.. Looking at different banter pages on social networking you taking 4 points off us sees to be the highlight of Swindon Towns history..

But don't also forget you near sold out against us, without taking the time to look like you did, it was probably one of your highest attendances at the County Ground, whilst we didn't sell out our allocation..

But I do agree with one of your comments, Swindon is in massive need of re-development :D

Hell-bent? I'm really not, I've been a OTIB member since 2004 and I like to think that those who read my posts believe I'm not on here to get all precious over comments. All are taken with a pinch of salt because this is, after all, a Bristol City forum.

You can go on the main Swindon forum if you like, I was referencing it because I only go on the one. Sure, Town fans don't like City too much but that wasn't the main point I was making but it'll be nice for you to look at something other than looking up bestiality news stories so I fully endorse it. 

There's no harm in fans enjoying taking four points from you guys this season and I'm sure, Ian, that you would be exactly the same. I can see why my presence makes you so excitable, everyone else gets their 'inbred', 'tinpot', 'dump' jokes in and go on their merry way and yet you soldier on, it's admirable.

Your time will come and I shall be here to discuss it when it does... unless you make it back to the promised land and you get to play Cardiff City again (as Kingswood mask was alluding to).

Hell-bent? I'm really not, I've been a OTIB member since 2004 and I like to think that those who read my posts believe I'm not on here to get all precious over comments. All are taken with a pinch of salt because this is, after all, a Bristol City forum.

You can go on the main Swindon forum if you like, I was referencing it because I only go on the one. Sure, Town fans don't like City too much but that wasn't the main point I was making but it'll be nice for you to look at something other than looking up bestiality news stories so I fully endorse it. 

There's no harm in fans enjoying taking four points from you guys this season and I'm sure, Ian, that you would be exactly the same. I can see why my presence makes you so excitable, everyone else gets their 'inbred', 'tinpot', 'dump' jokes in and go on their merry way and yet you soldier on, it's admirable.

Your time will come and I shall be here to discuss it when it does... unless you make it back to the promised land and you get to play Cardiff City again (as Kingswood mask was alluding to).

Took a look, interesting how some don't get why we call your club Swindle... thought it makes perfect sense to be honest :)

:thumbsup:

Fair play to being on our board since 2004, and for staying on this thread since the very beginning, that's courage and I admire that.

Apart from the few bites you seem a good guy and a good poster, I hope you stay on here when we do the double over you next year! ;)

Anyway I looked at the fixture lists of the teams around us and see Swindon have got a few teams around us in the league, I'm sure you'd love to do your great friends a favour in helping us stay up.

Time to get off this thread now, we've played you twice so Swindon are irrelevant again. Until next time, take care Rich.

There is something that feels not quite right about a Swindon Town fan telling any City fans to get over themselves on their own forum.This is a forum for Bristol City fans and some including myself talk b0ll0cks some of the time,, some will say all of the time but it is our forum.So if you come on as I know you regularly do then you going to have to put up with some of that .It would be the same if I spent half my life on the Swindon forum.

There have been days of Swindon Town are this and Swindon Town fans are that on OTIB. Swindon's main online community may be much smaller in comparison to OTIB but the main discussions directed at City were in relation to comments made on this forum about Swindon Town. We call you Slavetraders and smile at your inbreeding references and digs at a town that is in desperate need of redevelopment.

I believe our 3 wins in a row for the first time since 2011 probably did that, every club gets bigger gates when going through good form, and three wins in a row for us is bloody brilliant considering the last 3 years

Took a look, interesting how some don't get why we call your club Swindle... thought it makes perfect sense to be honest :)

As it is to me.

The 1982 identity thing can apply too. Ancient history brought up by people simply to score points for the sake of 'banter', 'bants' etc

It's not my bag.

The opening day of the season? All that optimism and expectation?

Surely not ;)

*EDIT* I've just looked it up and there was about 35-40 more City fans on the opening day compared to yesterday.

:thumbsup:

I decided to stay home yesterday, because it was Swin Town. No, really. All that shouting and swearing and getting excited, can't bear it.I'll be going v Pot Vale, and hoping to be in the East End v Crewe. Can't wait for Rochdale at home next season. And a few snoozy, sunny afternoons up Nevil Rd in the summer. Ahhhh

All that hysteria and excitement v Rovers in September was enough for one season for me. Dare say there's one or two feel the same

Archived