IGNORED

Willem Friendly

Barrs Court Red

From facebook:

There will be no pre season game in Tilburg next season.

BCFC's David Lloyd told that to Willem ll today, cause it will not fit in the agenda and the request for this year came to late. Maybe next season, when Willem ll pays 20.000 pounds.

What more can we do to make it happen? Asked them almost a year ago, and both clubs know about the friendship of the fans. The mayor and police allready gave their permission for a friendly between our clubs. And what about the community trust. It will be a good time in Botswana for BCFC and we will Find another team to play against, on our Koningsdag!

That's just guess work though. So how you can call someone wrong based on assumptions?

Based on the numbers who already travel to Tilburg and how easy it is to get to why would it not be in the high hundreds?

Friendlies in Latvia and Portugal have been sparsely attended.

If the club want to use a friendly abroad to strengthen links with support a friendly in the Netherlands would be ideal v Botswanna.

It just seems like another idea that those involved think everyone else is interested in - they aint.

Most have no idea or interest in Tilburg and would rather see a prem side at home in a pre-season friendly.

Just saying it as I see it..

Spoke to everyone to get their opinions have you? How does everyone feel about the Botswana trip? Always one isn't there who feels they speak for all...

It just seems like another idea that those involved think everyone else is interested in - they aint.

Most have no idea or interest in Tilburg and would rather see a prem side at home in a pre-season friendly.

Just saying it as I see it..

Yeah, watching us play a team like Fulham,Stoke,Palace or Hull etc really fills me with excitement!!

I would rather go to Holland personally.

It seems like people such as you speak for all - not me.

I reiterate, most couldn't give a toss, prove me wrong.

I speak for myself, no one else. You assume most couldn't give a toss (although in your previous post you mention 'vast majority' so you've already gone back on what you said).

Yeah, watching us play a team like Fulham,Stoke,Palace or Hull etc really fills me with excitement!!

I would rather go to Holland personally.

Exactly how i see it....a poor prem side or a few days in Holland, no brainer for me but the decision has been made so fingers crossed for next year...

• Admin

Shocking but not surprised, the club have ducked this fixture at every opportunity.

To be informed that there was not enough notice yet contact was made last season just shows City to look utter clowns.

Can't wait to hear what City say in response to this!!

And I respect that.

I'd much rather see a game at home against Fulham or Stoke (Hull or Palace is another matter).

Tilburg would be a jolly, much like the Latvian games a few years ago - fine, but not a lot of interest or of any benefit to the team.

A jolly in numbers nothing like Riga, families, and kids teams from BS3 ..

Archived