IGNORED

Willem Friendly

Barrs Court Red

are there amateur kids football clubs in South Bristol witb twenty grand pre-season budgets? I dread to think with the weekly subs are.

If you read my earlier post, and that of posters on other threads you will note mention of this coinciding with City playing a friendly in the Netherlands.

There is scope here for a kids tournament, an anglo Dutch one. This would sit easily with the aims of the community trust. A clubs activities extending itself and potentially increasing support!

Ummm where do you miss the bit where I said both were unprofessional in my first post! Reading classes matey boy reading classes ;)

and my point is their chairman apparently wanted this game and that is the crux of the matter, but obviously didn't want enough to act like a proper chairman, I mean this is a club that have played in the champions league and know how football works, perhaps in hindsight Davel should have replied this is who you contact, these are the telephone numbers/email addresses 'we are up for it, the ball is in your court'. But sadly that still would not have been enough for some of our fans.

Holland is not a 3rd world country and I know that because I saw a Dutch farmer on TV last week visiting farmers on the flooded Somerset levels and his farm is 6 metres below sea level and does not flood, so I suspect that their internet is 3 months behind, of course I am ignoring the possibility that the emails went into an overactive spam filter.

So I am proposing an alternative, how about the fans of both clubs buying out the playhouse theatre in London for a production of Spamalot?, call it a bonding session for the main event in 2015.

Two please, but only if the person next to me is paying the same price and I get some food vouchers

Regards

i've put you next to Mr X, he's in show business so his ticket is complimentary, so when you discover who Mr X is you can PM the rest of us with his identity.

PS:- Prawn sandwiches OK and dutch beer and not forgetting chips with mayonnaise and of course the real dutch favourite that they put on everything chocolate sprinkles.

I'm so pleased I have no intention or interest in going to an away fixture against Willem.

I'd imagine the most of you would leave me feeling suicidal before getting there. Have any of you actually encountered genuine problems in life, or is this as bad as it gets? Someone somewhere didn't reply to an email and therefore everyone who isn't you is completely incompetent.

email - pregnant pause...

Months of trying... Idea conceived - no delivery ...  both partners fired blanks ... despite unreliable Dutch caps no baby - both families of fans left with bitter pill to swallow.

Better luck next year.  

It is just me who finds it laughable that we can organise a friendly against a team in Botswana but not Holland? You'd expect it to be the other way around!

Ok, City could of phoned Willem, but the shockingly slow reply from Willem suggests they aren't really that bothered.

I think Willem are more to blame than City to be totally honest. Why is hardly anyone slating them?

I think Willem are more to blame than City to be totally honest. Why is hardly anyone slating them?

If you read the recollections on threads from City fans who have visited Tilburg they view Willem II as a friendly and very pro active club regarding fan iniatives. The answer to the above question may be there.

If you read the recollections on threads from City fans who have visited Tilburg they view Willem II as a friendly and very pro active club regarding fan iniatives. The answer to the above question may be there.

Well Dave L emailed them 3 times over a period of months and it took them ages to reply....

Not "pro active" really.

It seems like people such as you speak for all - not me.

I reiterate, most couldn't give a toss, prove me wrong.

Probably wouldn't do it now, but would have jumped at the chance when I was younger. Sounds like a really great crack.

If and when these annual reciprocal friendlies happen....

Wouldnt it be a good idea if when the Dutch visit us the games are arranged & timed to coincide with other popular Bristol events ... Such as the Harbour Festival?

ie:This years Harbour Festival takes place from Friday, July 18 to Sunday, July 20th . .... dates which if similar in future should suit City's pre season & would make a visit to Bristol a lot more attractive for whole Dutch families if their short Bristol stay includes an International event as well as a football match at the Gate... offering both clubs more revenue by virtue of likely enhanced match attendance. 

(Balloon Fiesta time would be great too but probably a little too late for pre-season) 

If and when these annual reciprocal friendlies happen....

Wouldnt it be a good idea if when the Dutch visit us the games are arranged & timed to coincide with other popular Bristol events ... Such as the Harbour Festival?

ie:This years Harbour Festival takes place from Friday, July 18 to Sunday, July 20th . .... dates which if similar in future should suit City's pre season & would make a visit to Bristol a lot more attractive for whole Dutch families if their short Bristol stay includes an International event as well as a football match at the Gate... offering both clubs more revenue by virtue of likely enhanced match attendance. 

(Balloon Fiesta time would be great too but probably a little too late for pre-season) 

Balloon fiesta would be awful!! The roads are far too busy during then anyway!

Well Dave L emailed them 3 times over a period of months and it took them ages to reply....

Not "pro active" really.

Those who have experience of attending games in Tilburg state the club there is in touch with its support. Compare the Eastend v Willem II's Kingside. One club allows huge displays including pyro, meanwhile one tells its support how many flags it can have, and where and when to use them.

Citys fans, or some of them have a poor perception of BCFC. Some City fans with experience, which they share perceive Willem II to possess an entirely different "pro active" view of its fan base.

City as previously stated have an opportunity to reposition themselves amongst aspects of City support.

Based on the information above some of the supporters have had a talk with the board of Willem II and the head coach of our first team. I was not present at this meeting but as far as I understand Willem II and BCFC were in touch quite a long time ago and Willem II had said that they would like the match to take place during Kingsday (beginning of August) in Tilburg. After this contact Willem II has discussed the possible visit of BCFC with the Mayor of Tilburg and the Police and got a go ahead from them. The board of Willem II received the mail of Dave L in December and again in January (apparently they missed the one send in September). The reply of Willem II was indeed send in March. The board of Willem II has admitted that their reaction towards BCFC was too late.  But more important: they also stated that they hope to arrange a friendly in 2015!!!

So lets forget what has happened and put everything in line to have the friendly in 2015!!! Dave please take action or arrange that the communication with Willem II stays alive this time. We, as supporters of Willem II, will encourage the board of Willem II to do the same.

Well said that man and all the best of luck for the rest of the season.

Based on the information above some of the supporters have had a talk with the board of Willem II and the head coach of our first team. I was not present at this meeting but as far as I understand Willem II and BCFC were in touch quite a long time ago and Willem II had said that they would like the match to take place during Kingsday (beginning of August) in Tilburg. After this contact Willem II has discussed the possible visit of BCFC with the Mayor of Tilburg and the Police and got a go ahead from them. The board of Willem II received the mail of Dave L in December and again in January (apparently they missed the one send in September). The reply of Willem II was indeed send in March. The board of Willem II has admitted that their reaction towards BCFC was too late.  But more important: they also stated that they hope to arrange a friendly in 2015!!!

So lets forget what has happened and put everything in line to have the friendly in 2015!!! Dave please take action or arrange that the communication with Willem II stays alive this time. We, as supporters of Willem II, will encourage the board of Willem II to do the same.

Hope it happens in 2015 then.

Please keep chasing up your board as 3 months to reply is an insult really.

Hope it happens in 2015 then.

Please keep chasing up your board as 3 months to reply is an insult really.

Its sloppy but its hardly an insult. We're not Man Utd or Barcelona ffs. How dare you keep us waiting when we offer you the pleasure of facing us in a friendly.....

Its sloppy but its hardly an insult. We're not Man Utd or Barcelona ffs. How dare you keep us waiting when we offer you the pleasure of facing us in a friendly.....

It's basic politeness to just reply as soon as possible, even if it is just to say "Thank you for the offer, we will get back to you as soon as possible."

Even in my personal life I reply to my friends emails in a day or so. 3 months is ridiculous!

It's basic politeness to just reply as soon as possible, even if it is just to say "Thank you for the offer, we will get back to you as soon as possible."

Even in my personal life I reply to my friends emails in a day or so. 3 months is ridiculous!

Perhaps they didn't see it....?

And how many emails/letters do our club ignore from its own fans....?

That's not really how it works in the real world of business though. If you don't get a reply then you try other avenues; if anything just to confirm receipt.

But then if you have a commercial manager? And then fans liason officer doing the job of football secretary, its no wonder the approach is half arsed.

Perhaps they didn't see it....?

And how many emails/letters do our club ignore from its own fans....?

They said they missed the Sept one, but got the Dec and Jan ones.

That's not really how it works in the real world of business though. If you don't get a reply then you try other avenues; if anything just to confirm receipt.

But then if you have a commercial manager? And then fans liason officer doing the job of football secretary, its no wonder the approach is half arsed.

Sorry but City replied, the ball was in their court. 

Yes City could of done more, but Willem are more at fault than us.

But hey, anything to slag the club off ey!

They said they missed the Sept one, but got the Dec and Jan ones.

Sorry but City replied, the ball was in their court. 

Yes City could of done more, but Willem are more at fault than us.

But hey, anything to slag the club off ey!

Not as bad as comparing the running of the club to your personal life with your friends.

Probably a bit more going on in one of them...!

Archived