IGNORED

Willem Friendly

Barrs Court Red

They said they missed the Sept one, but got the Dec and Jan ones.

Sorry but City replied, the ball was in their court.

Yes City could of done more, but Willem are more at fault than us.

But hey, anything to slag the club off ey!

You may have low standards, I don't know. In my view hiding behind an email that didn't have a confirmed receipt wouldn't be acceptable in most work places.

I certainly haven't slagged off the club either.

So we're clear, I'm not THAT bothered if we play or not, I just find the situation disappointing. While I certainly dont see the group of fans calling for the friendly as a majority, I do think that section of fans are being increasingly marginalised and ignored.

Based on the information above some of the supporters have had a talk with the board of Willem II and the head coach of our first team. I was not present at this meeting but as far as I understand Willem II and BCFC were in touch quite a long time ago and Willem II had said that they would like the match to take place during Kingsday (beginning of August) in Tilburg. After this contact Willem II has discussed the possible visit of BCFC with the Mayor of Tilburg and the Police and got a go ahead from them. The board of Willem II received the mail of Dave L in December and again in January (apparently they missed the one send in September). The reply of Willem II was indeed send in March. The board of Willem II has admitted that their reaction towards BCFC was too late. But more important: they also stated that they hope to arrange a friendly in 2015!!!

So lets forget what has happened and put everything in line to have the friendly in 2015!!! Dave please take action or arrange that the communication with Willem II stays alive this time. We, as supporters of Willem II, will encourage the board of Willem II to do the same.

"So lets forget what has happened and put everything in line to have the friendly in 2015!!! "

This is what we want. A positive comment that doesn't concentrate on blame, but instead looks to the future in a positive way

....dammit I propose a regular.

Bristol - Willem - Botswana .... round robin pre-season friendly competition. 

With specially priced one for all matches Coach 1 tickets to cover the whole competition.. (52 available - book early to avoid dissapointment) all travel/matches/B&B inc + complimentary bag of Wurthers .

Match by match POTD tickets for casual last minute fans ... (recommended travel -choose from First Bristol, First Dutch, & First Somewhere In Africa day-rider tickets) ... dont forget duty-frees will offset costs.

All in all this could be a great pre-season comp for all interested parties - email for details - allow several months/years for confimation of all enquiries!

This is the report of the meeting with Willem II from one of our supporters who attended the meeting:

Today we had a meeting with the 2 clubmanagers about the friendly Willem ll - Bristol City and the communication to the fans.

In september, Willem ll manager and headcoach Jurgen Streppel called David Lloyd about a friendly. David Lloyd asked to send a mail with the request. In october Willem ll send the request for a friendly on our Koningsday on August 2014. 2 months later, in december Bristol City answered that august was not possible, but 4/8 july was an option to come to Tilburg, or 28-29 july a friendly in Bristol was an option. In january the mail was send again to Willem ll cause they didn't gave an answer. Willem ll answered at 10 March that it was possible to come over or talk about the other option to come to Bristol. At that time Bristol City answered they had allready filled their agenda with other games!

The Willem ll managers made their excuses to the fans, cause they understand that the communication was not Good and the reason that there will be not a friendly between our clubs. They wanna try to fix something out for 2015 and will make contact with Bristol City.

We hope that both clubs are awake now and listen to the fans so we can have a friendly with the 2 most beautiful clubs in the world.

WILLEM ll AND BRISTOL CITY. TWO CLUBS, ONE FAMILY.

Amigos Dos Amigos.

You may have low standards, I don't know. In my view hiding behind an email that didn't have a confirmed receipt wouldn't be acceptable in most work places.

I certainly haven't slagged off the club either.

So we're clear, I'm not THAT bothered if we play or not, I just find the situation disappointing. While I certainly dont see the group of fans calling for the friendly as a majority, I do think that section of fans are being increasingly marginalised and ignored.

That's unfair.  The hoards of fans, the Facebook page, the Fans Parliament, Supporters Trust/Club representatives who were asking for a friendly in Botswana have been listened to.

Oh wait, hang on a minute.....

Archived