IGNORED

Willem Friendly

Barrs Court Red

A lot of people have blamed Dave L and the club without really knowing what has been going on. Dave 's post explains a lot & makes it clear that the club did try to get the game arranged.

A plea to all on the forum - please don't keep blaming Dave L and the club for everything

Thing is all the signs seemed positive and Dave L said the club were in talks with Willem. Keith Burt already had contacts at Willem. The only thing I can see that's changed in the last few months is SC coming in...

Well of course some things never change do they?, although i'm sure SC might be to blame for Willem's 'front desk' in some way.

Gutted this aint happening was looking forward to a few days in the Dam then onto Tilburg. The club saying it was too shorter notice is bs and they know it. The club only listens to supporters if it fits it to thier own agenda if not they really couldn't give a shit.

Gutted this aint happening was looking forward to a few days in the Dam then onto Tilburg. The club saying it was too shorter notice is bs and they know it. The club only listens to supporters if it fits it to thier own agenda if not they really couldn't give a shit.

So Willem taking 3 months to reply to a 3 times sent email is the fault of a) BCFC or b) Willem or C) SC.

Oh dear.

So Willem taking 3 months to reply to a 3 times sent email is the fault of a) BCFC or b) Willem or C) SC.

If they really wanted it to happen I'm sure someone could of picked up a phone and spoke to someone in person rather than  waiting for an email.

Having only just looked at this thread and following the thread from start to finish, I kind of feel its an excellent case study in getting your facts straight before you go shooting your mouth off

If you look at the Willem II thread Willem says that everything had the go ahead and Bristol City turned it down. So there is why you have this confusion/anger towards the club because of the Botswana Trip and Willem and what us as fans would like more

1500+ on Facebook, that's a decent amount for a pre-season friendly and many more in Holland and here.

It would be good PR to have the friendly, shows the club are listening to the fans and what they want, I don't know how you can dispute that?

that doesn't even cover the cost of flying the team out or putting them up in a hotel

Thing is all the signs seemed positive and Dave L said the club were in talks with Willem. Keith Burt already had contacts at Willem. The only thing I can see that's changed in the last few months is SC coming in...

SC has said he's in favour of the Willem friendly, haven't heard his views on the the Botswana trip though.

If you look at the Willem II thread Willem says that everything had the go ahead and Bristol City turned it down. So there is why you have this confusion/anger towards the club because of the Botswana Trip and Willem and what us as fans would like more

Wasn't it just a fan of Willem II said it was all in place and Dave L has admitted that a date was offered by the timings were too short due to the delay in responding? I appreciate that people were confused and angry at the apparent failure of the club to listen to the fans, but several people have made several statements of 'fact' about what 'must' have happened that appear to be complete BS. For the record, I have no connection to Tilburg and Willem II myself, but I love the idea of us having a relationship with a club (or number of clubs) on the continent so I hope this happens in the future

• Admin

Last summer, when Kevin Smith was at the club, he made contact via Facebook with his counterpart at Willem to discuss the possibility of a friendly match.

I can't help but laugh at the fact that a professional football club made contact via Facebook

It looks like the opportunity is there for City to be Willem's opponents on their 'Koningsdag' next July/early August.

Perhaps the way forward now is to encourage BCFC to make firm arrangements for that fixture asap so that both club's can then arrange their other pre season plans around it, and in City's case giving it priority over any possible return trip to Botswana.

I can't help but laugh at the fact that a professional football club made contact via Facebook

Go on phants get on the blower, get your pen and paper out, fax machine or get twatting   :laughcont:

Visiting King Willem II stadium

Willem II

Goirleseweg 34

5026 PC Tilburg

Correspondence Address

Willem II

Postbus 235

5000 AE Tilburg

T: 013-5490590

F: 013-5490500

I: www.willem-ii.nl

E: info@willem-ii.nl

Conference & Events Centre

Bonheur Horecagroep

Goirleseweg 34

5026 PC Tilburg

T: 013-5499600

F: 013-5812746

E: sales@bonheurhorecagroep.nl

Official Twitter

https://twitter.com/Official_WII

• Admin

Go on phants get on the blower, get your pen and paper out, fax machine or get twatting   :laughcont:

Visiting King Willem II stadium

Willem II

Goirleseweg 34

5026 PC Tilburg

Correspondence Address

Willem II

Postbus 235

5000 AE Tilburg

T: 013-5490590

F: 013-5490500

I: www.willem-ii.nl

E: info@willem-ii.nl

Conference & Events Centre

Bonheur Horecagroep

Goirleseweg 34

5026 PC Tilburg

T: 013-5499600

F: 013-5812746

E: sales@bonheurhorecagroep.nl

Official Twitter

https://twitter.com/Official_WII

Do you work for the FBI or something?

Amazing how easy you made that seem ! :fear:

I'd be very interested in going over to Holland as would a few friends so hopefully something gets sorted for 2015. It would be nice to have a regular friendly fixture to look forward to, maybe switching venues every year. It's something that has potential to grow over the years with more and more people learning of the friendship. The two clubs can get involved with each other in a footballing sense as some one mentioned, sharing scouting reports, youth players training exchange and things like that. Surely better than playing teams like Southampton reserves in front of 2000 people? 

Archived