IGNORED

Willem Friendly

Barrs Court Red

• Admin

or checking your emails.

Interesting that this appeared on here back in October last year.....

hiya peeps i just recieved a phone call from our counterparts in holland and there spokesman asked me if i could get a name down the gate of someone who the willem chairman could talk to about a pre season friendly ,they are really hoping this goes ahead and so are a hell of a lot of us.........so can any one help please  thanks...........

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/158026-friendly-with-willem-11/

Anyway, back on topic, 1500 "likes" on Facebook hardly equates to a fanbase chomping at the bit to pack out AG for a pre-season friendly that, from what I can gather, is only really an excuse for big drink up.

Interesting that this appeared on here back in October last year.....

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/158026-friendly-with-willem-11/

That was on 11 October but we now know that they had already been emailed in September.

Notwithstanding that, it seems odd that the Willem chairman would try to arrange a game through the fans, why not just contact Bristol City direct?

I think people should also appreciate that it seems the task of sorting out an important part of the clubs pre-season arrangements was left to a person whose role is in fact Fans Liason Officer NOT fixtures secretary AND who in any case had very sad personal issues at the time. If that is true it is a damning indictment of the workings and management of the club.

Anyway, back on topic, 1500 "likes" on Facebook hardly equates to a fanbase chomping at the bit to pack out AG for a pre-season friendly that, from what I can gather, is only really an excuse for big drink up.

There are fans who would take their families, and have. There is a South Bristol kids club interested in taking a kids side over, or sides. That is an opportunity to reposition the club amongst aspects of its support.

Am I the only one thinking what is the fans liaison officer doing trying to organise friendlies?

Also contact through face book?

Surely there should be contact through better channels than this. If you keep sending emails and get no response pick up a phone!

All seems rather petty and very unprofessional from both sides if you ask me!

Anyway, back on topic, 1500 "likes" on Facebook hardly equates to a fanbase chomping at the bit to pack out AG for a pre-season friendly

Maybe not, but I bet it's more likes than the 'Campaign for BCFC vs Southampton Reserves Pre Season friendly' page gets.

Really poor communication from both clubs by the sounds of it, clearly a reasonable number of fans want the fixture but neither of the clubs want to pick up the phone. I think it's great that fan groups from ourselves and Tilburg want to forge links, great publicity for both clubs and maybe we could learn a lot from each other.

That was on 11 October but we now know that they had already been emailed in September.

Notwithstanding that, it seems odd that the Willem chairman would try to arrange a game through the fans, why not just contact Bristol City direct?

I think people should also appreciate that it seems the task of sorting out an important part of the clubs pre-season arrangements was left to a person whose role is in fact Fans Liason Officer NOT fixtures secretary AND who in any case had very sad personal issues at the time. If that is true it is a damning indictment of the workings and management of the club.

Agreed Nick. What is "Director of football" Keith Burt doing?

Am I the only one thinking what is the fans liaison officer doing trying to organise friendlies?

Also contact through face book?

Surely there should be contact through better channels than this. If you keep sending emails and get no response pick up a phone!

All seems rather petty and very unprofessional from both sides if you ask me!

No mate as I already said it and I also agree that it appears to be appalling embarrassingly poor communication from both clubs.

Not hard to see why the other thing we both have in common is relegation and flirting with it.

Presumably if Club A wishes to play Club B, you don't just "pick up the phone" as you've suggested?

Might work if your a DJ pranker trying to boost your ratings but I think the approach has reference some form of offical capacity.

Don't know if that's directed at me but what do you suggest...smoke signals?

There are fans who would take their families, and have. There is a South Bristol kids club interested in taking a kids side over, or sides. That is an opportunity to reposition the club amongst aspects of its support.

are there amateur kids football clubs in South Bristol witb twenty grand pre-season budgets? I dread to think with the weekly subs are.

Presumably if Club A wishes to play Club B, you don't just "pick up the phone" as you've suggested?

Might work if your a DJ pranker trying to boost your ratings but I think the approach has reference some form of offical capacity.

Umm send a letter to po box 235 5000 as tillburg

Phone 0135490590

Fax 0135490500

Email info@willem-ii.nl

Enter question and contact details on their official form submission page.

Make the letter fax email for any member of their listed staff.

Again phone.

So many avenues to go down all off of their web page. Not really difficult!

All fairly simple. So many lines of communication after emails are not replied to.

All depends how much you want to make it happen I guess.

Is it that difficult to send a headed letter by recorded delivery?  That is surely what a professional company would do in making initial contact.  Maybe someone more senior such as Keith Burt or Jon Lansdown should take the responsibility for this and get this sorted for next year.

Umm send a letter to po box 235 5000 as tillburg

Phone 0135490590

Fax 0135490500

Email info@willem-ii.nl

Enter question and contact details on their official form submission page.

Make the letter fax email for any member of their listed staff.

Again phone.

So many avenues to go down all off of their web page. Not really difficult!

All fairly simple. So many lines of communication after emails are not replied to.

All depends how much you want to make it happen I guess.

it seems to me that a secretary who ignores 3 emails is very likely to do the same with a letter, registered or not, perhaps we should have used a 'go between' Steve Mclaren has the right accent I believe.

Is it that difficult to send a headed letter by recorded delivery? That is surely what a professional company would do in making initial contact. Maybe someone more senior such as Keith Burt or Jon Lansdown should take the responsibility for this and get this sorted for next year.

Indeed exactly what should happen from any professional company.

it seems to me that a secretary who ignores 3 emails is very likely to do the same with a letter, registered or not, perhaps we should have used a 'go between' Steve Mclaren has the right accent I believe.

He also has a brolly, so maybe he can use it in a Mary Poppins styleeeeeeee to fly over and hand deliver it. For shure

Indeed exactly what should happen from any professional company.

Forgive me but didn't the original enquiry come from a Willem fan acting on behalf of a Willem director, how professional is that FFS? but hey rule 1 BCFC is always wrong and if that cannot be proven rule 1 applies.

http://www.otib.co.u...with-willem-11/

Forgive me but didn't the original enquiry come from a Willem fan acting on behalf of a Willem director, how professional is that FFS? but hey rule 1 BCFC is always wrong and if that cannot be proven rule 1 applies.

http://www.otib.co.u...with-willem-11/

Ummm where do you miss the bit where I said both were unprofessional in my first post! Reading classes matey boy reading classes ;)

• Admin

Worst thing for me, this was all highlighted last year, so someone somewhere has made a real balls up of sorting this http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/154685-willem-ii/page-10

"I have learned over the weekend that Willem II have sent numerous emails to Ashton gate and as of yet haven't

received one reply"

Who have you learned that from? Who were the emails sent to? I am not aware that we have received any emails from anyone at Willem II. Please can you get your contact to email me at david.lloyd@bcfc.co.uk or phone me on 0117 963 0683. As I have mentioned in another thread we are actively looking at the possibility of a pre-season friendly with Willem next year, if it suits both clubs. 

ok, just curious as on the Willem II side a chap has said no response has been made to their emails to Bristol city

To quote: Derrik de Man Hi you all. Our technisch manager ( and also headcoach ) Jurgen Streppel did send 5 or 6 weeks ago, an e-mail to Bristol City with an official request for a frindly at our open day, the first weekend in august. The mail is sent to David Lloyd and friday after our game against Fortuna sittard Jurgen Streppel said to me that he had no anser from Bristol till now. The e-mail was a proposal for a friendly in Tilburg and next year a friendly in Bristol. Make it a tradition for the clubs and the fans. Bristol City and Willem II.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/bcfcwillem/

Hmm. I definitely haven't had an email but I'll try and make contact with Mr Streppel

I had a chat with Keith Burt today. We are meeting next week to try and pin down a date for the game. He's still keen, and providing Steve Cotterill doesn't object and we can find a suitable date and venue with Willem we're still very much looking to make this happen.

Not pointing the finger at Dave Lloyd here, as assume he was only feeding back to us what he had been told

Archived