IGNORED

Sod ,why The Support ?

Major Isewater

Well that just goes to show how little you know about how academy systems work....no offense.

Yes...they can cherry pick of sorts...but we have no budget for us to compete with.

These youngsters were from Hereford ffs... easy for us to pick up.

As for Tinnion saying their was no scouting in place... correct...but it's just as bad as before as they wont give the scouting network a budget....so it's worthless.

Still people seem to think I and others think SoD was the Messiah...that's total bull.

It could have been any manager put in place to carry out the 'plan'.

It's the fact that the Club seem to have dropped that plan since he's left.

I'm sure some on here just want to make this an SC and SoD argument...why?

Because you told us the world would end when he was sacked.

To summarise SOD was a COACH and SC is a MANAGER. Not the same thing at all. SOD was in the wrong job.

I'd agree with that, except that SOD's title WAS coach. It didn't help that he had the Invisible Man as manager when he was coach.

Didn't SC and SOD once work together?

I don't want to bring up the same old tired arguments on why I disagreed with SOD's sacking, as I've stated why numerous times before. As a critic of SC's appointment originally, I'll contently admit that I've been pleasantly surprised by him so far (his interviews are still a bit hit and miss but the results are there for all to see, especially recently), but I also think things wouldn't have turned out much differently under SOD.

It's important to remember that results picked up in the second half of the season under Millen, McInnes and O'Driscoll, yet none of them lasted a full season. I'll still be reserving my full judgement on Cotterill until next season and won't get carried away over our recent form.

I don't want to bring up the same old tired arguments on why I disagreed with SOD's sacking, as I've stated why numerous times before. As a critic of SC's appointment originally, I'll contently admit I've been pleasently surprised by him so far (his interviews are still a bit hit and miss but the results are there for all to see, especially recently), but I also think things wouldn't have turned out much differently under SOD.

It's important to remember that results picked up in the second half of the season under Millen, McInnes and O'Driscoll, yet none of them lasted a full season. I'll still be reserving my full judgement on Cotterill until next season and won't get carried away over our recent form.

Echo this myself.

I don't want to bring up the same old tired arguments on why I disagreed with SOD's sacking, as I've stated why numerous times before. As a critic of SC's appointment originally, I'll contently admit that I've been pleasantly surprised by him so far (his interviews are still a bit hit and miss but the results are there for all to see, especially recently), but I also think things wouldn't have turned out much differently under SOD.

Think?, thought?, believed?, feeling?......................................

You should get carried away by our current form because most likely it is going to keep us in this division and that was absolutely paramount and most normal right thinking people will reserve judgement of course they will but SC has earned that right.

Wow well thanks for that mystic cider dog, what will the christmas no.1 be?, will it be a white christmas?, is there a santa claus?, will SOD ever get a decent job again? is there a club and it's fans who will match his incredible intellect?.

So now 2 of you claim to have seen the emperors new clothes

Thank you for your kind words Sage.

As for Christmas, I have no idea whatsoever...

But I can recommend the perfect Christmas gift with which to award yourself for all your commendable efforts at wit on this ever rising fountain of platitudes.

A necklace of purest gold plate, in thick links perfumed with the heady fragrance of Blue Stratos.

This fine piece of Romany craftsmanship can be sourced only through the populist merchant Mr H. Samuel.

Just be sure to tell him that his most loyal customer Steve sent you, you will get a free sample of shockwaves super hold hair gel.

But I can recommend the perfect Christmas gift with which to award yourself for all your commendable efforts at wit on this ever rising fountain of platitudes.

A necklace of purest gold plate, in thick links perfumed with the heady fragrance of Blue Stratos.

This fine piece of Romany craftsmanship can be sourced only through the populist merchant Mr H. Samuel.

Just be sure to tell him that his most loyal customer Steve sent you, you will get a free sample of shockwaves super hold hair gel.

Very good!

The reason we lost out to Aston Villa in terms of youngsters is because they have a Grade One acadmeny and can cherry pick the best youngsters but lets not let facts get in the way of knocking the club

Oh Monk, you couldn't be more wrong.

Don't let the fact that you know nothing about this deal get in the way of you putting your unqualified opinion across.

I'll give you a snippet of the truth on this matter, and you can judge from there.  The 2 lads in question were ours if we wanted them.  Nowt to do with the grading of our academy.

The other Despairing fella kinda fills the rest in for you regarding budgets.

Do you know what?

J

I couldn't give two hoots how deliriously happy the players, coaches, scouts were under SoD. Results and performances in the first team matter. Frankly, we were a shambles. He over-complicated things. The players froze with brain overload and panic-ball became the default tactic. We had no fight, no passion and no direction.

Dream on if you think he was going to turn it around. He didn't in the Championship, not in League 1 either, doubt whether it would have happened in League 2 either. Just think of that Gas match - second half they realised if they pressed us on the ball high up the field we would panic. Just what we did.

I was neutral with Cotts appointment. However, he has us playing like a team. He looks like he may have sorted the JET conundrum and hats off to him for that. Barring El Bad, he's bought in players that have provided added value which is a first for a long time. He's playing attractive, high tempo, attacking football and, critically, is getting results. Bravo.

If we do stay up, well done to SC but also massive praise to SL, JL and the Board. You had the balls to make the call, you'd have got slaughtered by some on here, who would now be twisting the knife if things hadn't turned around. The best the SoD supporters can do is stir about alleged off-the-field events. No proof, just rumour - don't you just love them for doing that and trying to unsettle things just as we seem to beheading in the right direction. SC's got the summer to sort anything out behind the scenes. His first priority was to stop us dropping into league 2. He's focused on that and it looks like mission accomplished.

do you know what this is the best post i have read on here for a long time agree 100%....

Here in closes the argument people....lets all move on now.

Sod has gone were winning games and scoring lots of goals....oh were also keeping a few clean sheets

be happy

funny because you've been harping on about this for 5 years and I've yet to see you produce a shread of evedance to back you up,ry

Without wishing to join the wider debate, which I think has gone on long enough, this made me smile!

5 years. 5 years ago we were a hairs breadth from the Premiership. This season we've been a hairs breadth from League 2.

What more evidence do you need?!

Personally I thought the timing was poor, and given that for a time it seemed SC was not going to turn it around it seemed a disastrous choice.

As it is you couldn't argue with the results being used as a reason to pull the plug and although the legacy left isn't as devastating as the one Pulis created, it certainly isn't a good one.

I still think the whole thing was handled terribly and sums up the custodians in charge of the football club.

Don't let the fact that you know nothing about this deal get in the way of you putting your unqualified opinion across.

I'll give you a snippet of the truth on this matter, and you can judge from there.  The 2 lads in question were ours if we wanted them.  Nowt to do with the grading of our academy.

Harry your usually more filled in on things than most on here, so:

We've gone out of our way to make big improvements to the academy to get category 2 status, improved the scouting network but aren't willing to actually fund them? (as in willing to invest in bringing players here). So the two things which are critical to the '5 pillers' actually being succesful for us long term, has turned into a white elephant? If this is true I really am speechless.......

Personally I thought the timing was poor, and given that for a time it seemed SC was not going to turn it around it seemed a disastrous choice.

As it is you couldn't argue with the results being used as a reason to pull the plug and although the legacy left isn't as devastating as the one Pulis created, it certainly isn't a good one.

I still think the whole thing was handled terribly and sums up the custodians in charge of the football club.

He should of been sacked a lot earlier.

A big raspberry to all you who did n't understand the subtility of my original question and tried to shoot down both me and my innocent thread .

Four pages and 3 days and still going says you are mistaken .

A big thank you to the smart guys who gave honest and insightful replies to what is and obviously remains an intriguing moment in the history of Bristol City.

City love to you ALL nevertheless.

COYR

Harry your usually more filled in on things than most on here, so:

We've gone out of our way to make big improvements to the academy to get category 2 status, improved the scouting network but aren't willing to actually fund them? (as in willing to invest in bringing players here). So the two things which are critical to the '5 pillers' actually being succesful for us long term, has turned into a white elephant? If this is true I really am speechless.......

add exasperated to that as well...  if only people knew the half of it.

Trouble is we have heard you profess to us several times before over the past couple of years about Irish youngsters and several others, who will come back to bite us on the arse and I suppose it will happen one day.

I suspect the truth is most kids given a choice would rather be on the books of a prem club than a 3rd division/sorry 1st division club and of course prem clubs are so greedy and willing to take on as many as they can, you know just in case.

Rumours, innuendo, ITK over 55 years i've heard it all before.

Oh the irony of this is brilliant, the era you describe is probably the last time our club actually achieved the nirvana you so desire, a side built solidly from youth players and younger lower league players, the only other time was enforced upon us in 82 when several talented kids and even more average kids were thrown into the deep end and battled their hearts out for us.

it's just tittle tattle, apparently SOD's appointed under 21 coach is shit but the spanish under 18 coach is wonderful but apparently Joe Morrell doesn't get on with him, apparently our director of recruitment arrived and their was no scouting network in place.

Trouble is we have heard you profess to us several times before over the past couple of years about Irish youngsters and several others, who will come back to bite us on the arse and I suppose it will happen one day.

I suspect the truth is most kids given a choice would rather be on the books of a prem club than a 3rd division/sorry 1st division club and of course prem clubs are so greedy and willing to take on as many as they can, you know just in case.

Rumours, innuendo, ITK over 55 years i've heard it all before.

I think all talk of 'Are biting Irish youngsters' should stop with immediate effect.

It may be 'rumors and innuendo' but try telling that to Dave Lee Travis.

totally agree id of sacked him as soon as he said i dont look @ league tables , and well done to lansdown jnr for pulling the plug when he did, pretty sure we would relegated under the dour one. 

Whether it was the right decision or not it made the silver spoon kid look a bit silly considering he gave SOD his full backing publicly and called for patience only to sack him a week later... Why bother? It makes the board look like a bunch of clowns.

No wonder this club is a laughing stock.

hoofwanking bungle****

Without doubt one of the best affronts I've heard for a long while, I'll be nicking that one if you don't mind. Cheers!

Don't forget also to have a tantrum when the last manager was sacked and make confident predictions that we are going to be relegated then quietly forget all that and months later criticise the vice-chairman for being arrogant for not making the sacking soon enough.

Archived