IGNORED

Sod ,why The Support ?

Major Isewater

Excellent, this has never been discussed before.

He's not here anymore. Let it go.

The pros and cons of one vs another ,i give you,has been done to death ,reincarnated and done to death again however there has never been in all my decades of supporting "City" such an outcry at the sacking of a manager and i'm interested ,now the dust has settled and Cotts is winning us all over,Why ?

The pros and cons of one vs another ,i give you,has been done to death ,reincarnated and done to death again however there has never been in all my decades of supporting "City" such an outcry at the sacking of a manager and i'm interested ,now the dust has settled and Cotts is winning us all over,Why ?

Thing is, the 'outcry' was pretty much only noticeable here on OTIB as far as I can see.

No one I know saw the apparent 'corner' that we were supposed to be turning, only a steep downhill slope. Reaction to the sacking of SOD and the appointment of SC from fellow fans who sit around me at the ground seemed positive.

Personally I prefer to rely on the real world as my gauge of public opinion rather than the internet. Or am I just old fashioned?

There is no denying SoD failed when it came to getting results.

However...he will be fondly remembered for being an engaging, thoughtful and intelligent manager.

He worked his socks off behind the scenes, willingly engaged with supporters and gave a lot of time to those in the community.

On leaving he emailed people he didn't need to, to thank them for their support and help.

There is little knowledge of the amount of work carried out by him, trying to make this Club run like a football Club and put things in place behind the scenes, to create a platform from which we could spring from...for our long term future.

It was probably this, that was eventually his downfall.

Steve Coppell came in and found the same problems.

Both managers, found the same problems, tried to fix them, for the good of the Club, but eventually came to a brickwall.

Both had problems working with parts of the Board and owner.

Both came with good reputations from within football...both left the same way.

Both ultimately failed working with our club when it came to working with those in charge and getting results.

Needless to say... we have now moved on.

Hopefully we will one day,  have a Club where manager, board and owner are all singing from the same hymn sheet and it's not just empty words. A Club, that has developed it's scouting, has coach's working in co ordination with the first team and an actual plan of action for the future. Plus a budget put in place for all these elements.

GJ as Director of football... LJ as manager...the writing is already on the wall...

Thing is, the 'outcry' was pretty much only noticeable here on OTIB as far as I can see.

No one I know saw the apparent 'corner' that we were supposed to be turning, only a steep downhill slope. Reaction to the sacking of SOD and the appointment of SC from fellow fans who sit around me at the ground seemed positive.

Personally I prefer to rely on the real world as my gauge of public opinion rather than the internet. Or am I just old fashioned?

Thank you for your reply. ,i think internet is a Pandorals box .

Anyhow i don't want to Clash with "City Rocker "

Archived