IGNORED

Sod ,why The Support ?

Major Isewater

Could SOD have been in charge of our under 15's, 18's & even 21's as HEAD COACH, just as he wanted to be known instead, as obviously, a 1st team manager role was not the job for him here.

That media/communication thing became a big problem from board level down, but do remember the players saying they were gutted to see him leave. Right man, wrong position perhaps?

Good luck to SC...he's already had a few fall outs with SL.

Do a bit of pokin and find out who sanctioned some of the recent signings!

Blimey, exactly what Ive heard - that'll put the cat amongst the pigeons! Staying up under SC was never in doubt once he got his hands on Nuggsy and Paterson! ;-)

And not forgetting him and his henchman GK coach having a fall out with the City groundstaff. Someone earlier called SOD arrogant and rude, oh the irony...

Wasn't it Davies last season that said training was painfully boring under SOD. The bit that SOD tried something different but didn't work straight away is funny though. Fair play.

Was that Davies' excuse for being constantly unfit then? Seems to have carried on in a similar vein at Blackpool. Funny that. Training must be boring there too.

Have you ever spoken to Sam on the subject?

Certain players found certain aspects of the training laborious, because SoD was trying to ingrain it in to them, so it became second nature. Pretty much what they do at the likes of Barcelona and Ajax to name two.

A lot of English players aren't accustomed to working on technical aspects...and yes it's bloody boring...but it brings success.

Those that do embrace it...succeed.

Look at Becks for an obvious example...practicing free kicks...one after the other, until he perfected them. Boring...but essential.

Why do you think golfers spend so much time on the driving range hitting ball after ball.

It's so you can do it instinctively under pressure without having to think.

Who said training was meant to be fun...it's a job...you do things to succeed...if it means boring then so be it.

The players who are successful, embrace it because they know how important it is.

Sam was disappointed in his own performances, not on what SoD was coaching...ask him.

One particular player thought he was above it all...he's no longer here...and not scoring many either for Blackpool.

C'mon...you should know all this right...? You know about football...no?

You are crazy if you think Baldock Enjoyed playing under SOD and his dreadful tactics.

Mate...Depths of Despair seems more appropriate at the moment.

After discussions this week, I've even less faith in those running this Club. It's even worse than before.

Results might be good in the first team...but god help our future if things aren't sorted soon...it's a complete joke and farce down their.

funny because you've been harping on about this for 5 years and I've yet to see you produce a shread of evedance to back you up,

Coaching has improved the acadmeny has improved the scouting has improved, yet you seem to take issue, seems to me you just have a grudge against somebody at the club and can't stad seeing its fortunes to start to turn around,

everyone who disagrees is an amrchair fan.......................I suggest you actually get out of your armchair and witness the turnaround at this club for yourself rather then sit in your armchair and cry about the worst manager in Bristol City history

Do you know what?

I couldn't give two hoots how deliriously happy the players, coaches, scouts were under SoD. Results and performances in the first team matter. Frankly, we were a shambles. He over-complicated things. The players froze with brain overload and panic-ball became the default tactic. We had no fight, no passion and no direction.

Dream on if you think he was going to turn it around. He didn't in the Championship, not in League 1 either, doubt whether it would have happened in League 2 either. Just think of that Gas match - second half they realised if they pressed us on the ball high up the field we would panic. Just what we did.

I was neutral with Cotts appointment. However, he has us playing like a team. He looks like he may have sorted the JET conundrum and hats off to him for that. Barring El Bad, he's bought in players that have provided added value which is a first for a long time. He's playing attractive, high tempo, attacking football and, critically, is getting results. Bravo.

If we do stay up, well done to SC but also massive praise to SL, JL and the Board. You had the balls to make the call, you'd have got slaughtered by some on here, who would now be twisting the knife if things hadn't turned around. The best the SoD supporters can do is stir about alleged off-the-field events. No proof, just rumour - don't you just love them for doing that and trying to unsettle things just as we seem to beheading in the right direction. SC's got the summer to sort anything out behind the scenes. His first priority was to stop us dropping into league 2. He's focused on that and it looks like mission accomplished.

Mate...Depths of Despair seems more appropriate at the moment.

After discussions this week, I've even less faith in those running this Club. It's even worse than before.

Results might be good in the first team...but god help our future if things aren't sorted soon...it's a complete joke and farce down their.

Be fair - you were one of the most depressed posters on here until SOD came along.  Then suddenly you became the happiest chappy around, seeing fantastic football while others were bored out of their skulls and more and more concerned about our league position.

Blimey...you've hit an all time low with that one.

How sad, that you still think football is stuck in the 70's.

We deserve little else at this Club...no wonder we've always been crap... the majority of fans seem to welcome passion ( shown as shouting and waving arms around on the touchline ) and a style that is old hat.

Do you think the likes of Wenger, Mourinho, Garcia,De Boer, Benetiz, Gaurdiola to name a few, don't talk elaborate tactics with their players?

SoD won't have damaged his reputation being here... the only reputation that will be damaged is word getting around about how difficult it is to work with the owner and board unless you are willing to be a 'yes' man.

Managers, players, coach's generally have a dip in their career, with a few exceptions, when they sign for City...then leave and do better for themselves.

Think about it...most have a career, come here, take a decent wage, find their career go backwards, move on, and generally do better. That is the long and short of it. Not everyone...but the majority.

SoD tried something different, it didn't work straight away. Never got on with the owner and certain board members...but got on with pretty much everyone else.

Were you ever privy to SoD's coaching? Did you ever watch or listen? Have you ever spoken to any of the players and asked them whether they understood what was happening? Did the players enjoy working for him and learning about modern football? Ask them. See what answer you get.

Fans just see the results improve with the first team and have little clue about the turmoil at the rest of the club.

Short term fix again...around and around we go.

I'm glad SoD left...he deserves a Club that know a little about football...not this amateur set up.

Some fans can't see the wood for the trees it seems.

Now watch the abuse... :grr:

No abuse from me, but as with all cults you believe what you believe and keep recalculating the day 2nd coming and the day when the world will end and one day you might get it right the law of averages and all that, SOD is still unemployed and  at the moment for such a world class coach with ideas far ahead of his time he does not even get much of a mention when jobs become available, let's be honest the gas usually thrive on our left overs and even they haven't mentioned him as a possible successor to Ward, although he did get a mention for the Colchester job.

Perhaps he's waiting for Moyes to be sacked.

What...playing in a style they are pretty much accustomed too?

Some solid players in our squad right now, that should be doing well at this level.

Especially playing the way we are.

SoD tried changing it drastically, throughout the Club, for a long term future...it didn't work quick enough.

We'll see how many are having this type of conversation again when SC eventually fails, and we all start again from square one.

I totally agree SoD wasn't right for this Club.

On paper yes... his ideas superb...but not under this ownership or board.

Good luck to SC...he's already had a few fall outs with SL.

Do a bit of pokin and find out who sanctioned some of the recent signings!

Can't believe so many can't see the bigger picture. Forget SoD...forget SC...it's what is going to happen in the future that counts.

So many seem so happy to be just in the present, then moan in a while when it all goes Pete tong again...

"SO'D wasn't right for this club," you say? And yet he told supporters at a Q&A that if he owned a club, then he would run it like City were being run in 2013. He said that. Horses mouth.

"Can't believe so many can't see the bigger picture.......it's what is going to happen in the future that counts." In October/ November, without the benefit of a crystal ball, the immediate future was relegation. You say City are a farce, etc, but name the club in our position before Christmas (2 wins in 18) that would've acted any differently than SL did in firing Sod? Many have said most clubs would have acted sooner. The majority of football clubs lurch between good fortune and farce, imho.

I liked SOd at first. Meeting him at a Q&A made me warm to him, as a bloke, even more (his team and his football, a different matter). But my strongest feelings are for BCFC, for the club. I'm not sure getting close to the players, coaches and staff is a great idea - meeting your heroes and all that - it can cloud your judgment.

Sometimes, the stats and the league table are enough to make up your mind. Everything else is subjective and messi

Blimey, exactly what Ive heard - that'll put the cat amongst the pigeons! Staying up under SC was never in doubt once he got his hands on Nuggsy and Paterson! ;-)

And not forgetting him and his henchman GK coach having a fall out with the City groundstaff. Someone earlier called SOD arrogant and rude, oh the irony...

Not my words, Kid. The comments of two BCFC employees who know the man better than you or I. You saw how he dealt with the media - can you doubt he can be rude & arrogant?

Not that that is the be all and end-all of management. Clough and Ferguson ( not to mention G Johnson) share those traits.

Irony - denied!

Unfortunately,

"SO'D wasn't right for this club," you say? And yet he told supporters at a Q&A that if he owned a club, then he would run it like City were being run in 2013. He said that. Horses mouth.

"Can't believe so many can't see the bigger picture.......it's what is going to happen in the future that counts." In October/ November, without the benefit of a crystal ball, the immediate future was relegation. You say City are a farce, etc, but name the club in our position before Christmas (2 wins in 18) that would've acted any differently than SL did in firing Sod? Many have said most clubs would have acted sooner. The majority of football clubs lurch between good fortune and farce, imho.

I liked SOd at first. Meeting him at a Q&A made me warm to him, as a bloke, even more (his team and his football, a different matter). But my strongest feelings are for BCFC, for the club. I'm not sure getting close to the players, coaches and staff is a great idea - meeting your heroes and all that - it can cloud your judgment.

Sometimes, the stats and the league table are enough to make up your mind. Everything else is subjective and messi

And there in lies the point I've been trying to make...but it seems a lot just see what is going on with the first teams results.

Yes...they have improved.

The point I've been trying to make... as you pointed out...was how the Club was being run during his tenure.

It was working as a unit, with the future in mind. Communication was good, Coach's of all teams working towards a directive, Scouting being put in place ( still is of sorts, but lacks funding, we recently lost out to Aston Villa on two good youngsters because of this )

The Club had a plan.

Now...since SC has taken over, it's all gone out the window again.

Great that we are winning...but again it's just a short term fix and papering over the cracks that are forming again behind the scenes...fans only seem to live for this moment, and forget why we are in this predicament of League 1 football in the first place.

It's because of short term fix's and use of journeymen pros and loans.

Yes...something had to be done to stem not winning...but outside of the first team, we have gone back to how things were before.

That's what I'm talking about.

SC and SL have ( allegedly ) already fallen out over loan signings and changing room politics.

You've got the under 21's playing like a Tony Pullis team...not surprising considering the coach.

You've got the under 18's playing a passing game and trying to be technically better.

Recruitment has no budget in place...

Communication has gone out of the window..etc,etc

I could go on... I just feel it's a shame, that when SoD left, all that he put in place has been left to rot.

People will say...'lets see what SC does in the summer'.... fine lets see.

What I'd rather hear... is 'lets see whether the board and owner stick to their policy of building for the future' like they did with the five pillars, and get the whole club working as one and realise you have to put in a budget for recruitment and the Acedamy.

Get all the coach's working as one and communicating...singing off the same hymn sheet.

I don't give a monkey's who's in charge.

I don't give a toss as to whether people think SC is better than SoD...it's not about that.

It's about how we go about making the Club work as one, for a better more secure future...rather than the merry go round of quick fix's and manager changes...it has to stop.

Unfortunately many just see us on the up at this present moment and think everything is rosy.

Those same fans will be moaning again when it all goes tits up again from the same mistakes.

As for the previous post re the two loan signing...yes think Clough and Taylor signing players without the owners or boards consent.

Blimey...you've hit an all time low with that one.

How sad, that you still think football is stuck in the 70's.

We deserve little else at this Club...no wonder we've always been crap... the majority of fans seem to welcome passion ( shown as shouting and waving arms around on the touchline ) and a style that is old hat.

Do you think the likes of Wenger, Mourinho, Garcia,De Boer, Benetiz, Gaurdiola to name a few, don't talk elaborate tactics with their players?

SoD won't have damaged his reputation being here... the only reputation that will be damaged is word getting around about how difficult it is to work with the owner and board unless you are willing to be a 'yes' man.

Managers, players, coach's generally have a dip in their career, with a few exceptions, when they sign for City...then leave and do better for themselves.

Think about it...most have a career, come here, take a decent wage, find their career go backwards, move on, and generally do better. That is the long and short of it. Not everyone...but the majority.

SoD tried something different, it didn't work straight away. Never got on with the owner and certain board members...but got on with pretty much everyone else.

Were you ever privy to SoD's coaching? Did you ever watch or listen? Have you ever spoken to any of the players and asked them whether they understood what was happening? Did the players enjoy working for him and learning about modern football? Ask them. See what answer you get.

Fans just see the results improve with the first team and have little clue about the turmoil at the rest of the club.

Short term fix again...around and around we go.

I'm glad SoD left...he deserves a Club that know a little about football...not this amateur set up.

Some fans can't see the wood for the trees it seems.

Now watch the abuse... :grr:

These are all pretty well made and accurate points to be fair.

SOD was not he right type of manager (or coach) for BCFC.

Some of the abuse SOD received was not appropriate but understandable given the average IQ of the typical City fan.

SC is in reality the perfect guy for the job.

I commend SC on turning this awful season around recently, he really has stepped up and delivered.

I am confident that with SC at the helm we will be safe in League 1 for the next 3 years.

We might get the occasional sniff at the play off places but that is the best we can hope for.

So, everyone would appear to be pretty happy and has found a level of performance that satisfies all parties - the board, the manager and most importantly the fans,

Our ambition and potential is is harmony with our capability.

Happy days!

Unfortunately,

And there in lies the point I've been trying to make...but it seems a lot just see what is going on with the first teams results.

The point I've been trying to make... as you pointed out...was how the Club was being run during his tenure.

It was working as a unit, with the future in mind. Communication was good, Coach's of all teams working towards a directive, Scouting being put in place ( still is of sorts, but lacks funding, we recently lost out to Aston Villa on two good youngsters because of this )

The Club had a plan.

Great that we are winning...but again it's just a short term fix and papering over the cracks that are forming again behind the scenes...fans only seem to live for this moment, and forget why we are in this predicament of League 1 football in the first place.

Yes...something had to be done to stem not winning...but outside of the first team, we have gone back to how things were before.

SC and SL have ( allegedly ) already fallen out over loan signings and changing room politics.

You've got the under 21's playing like a Tony Pullis team...not surprising considering the coach.

You've got the under 18's playing a passing game and trying to be technically better.

I could go on... I just feel it's a shame,

I've no idea what is going on behind the scenes/ away from the first team, but those sound like valid points/ questions to be put to the board, at a Q&A, a Fans Parliament, email to JL, or something. If they have "thrown the baby out with the bath water," it might be asked of SL and co what has been learned from previous mistakes?

But the threat of relegation does result in panic and short termism. It's human nature to be more afraid of losses, to act to stave off a loss, than it is to wait (to run the risk of a big loss, in the hope) for a possible bigger gain in the long term.

We had a plan going into this season, but was there a "What if..." covering being in the rel.zone at Christmas? Was that eventuality covered in the plan??

These are all pretty well made and accurate points to be fair.

SOD was not he right type of manager (or coach) for BCFC.

Some of the abuse SOD received was not appropriate but understandable given the average IQ of the typical City fan.

SC is in reality the perfect guy for the job.

I commend SC on turning this awful season around recently, he really has stepped up and delivered.

I am confident that with SC at the helm we will be safe in League 1 for the next 3 years.

We might get the occasional sniff at the play off places but that is the best we can hope for.

So, everyone would appear to be pretty happy and has found a level of performance that satisfies all parties - the board, the manager and most importantly the fans,

Our ambition and potential is is harmony with our capability.

Happy days!

Wow well thanks for that mystic cider dog, what will the christmas no.1 be?, will it be a white christmas?, is there a santa claus?, will SOD ever get a decent job again? is there a club and it's fans who will match his incredible intellect?.

So now 2 of you claim to have seen the emperors new clothes.

Wow well thanks for that mystic cider dog, what will the christmas no.1 be?, will it be a white christmas?, is there a santa claus?, will SOD ever get a decent job again? is there a club and it's fans who will match his incredible intellect?.

So now 2 of you claim to have seen the emperors new clothes.

Remember this club is so poorly run that the FA decided to grant our amateur set up Grade 2 status in line with teams like Stoke, Birmingham, etc...

The reason we lost out to Aston Villa in terms of youngsters is because they have a Grade One acadmeny and can cherry pick the best youngsters but lets not let facts get in the way of knocking the club

Unfortunately,

The Club had a plan.

I could go on... I just feel it's a shame, that when SoD left, all that he put in place has been left to rot.

What I'd rather hear... is 'lets see whether the board and owner stick to their policy of building for the future' like they did with the five pillars, and get the whole club working as one and realise you have to put in a budget for recruitment and the Acedamy.

Get all the coach's working as one and communicating...singing off the same hymn sheet.

I don't give a toss as to whether people think SC is better than SoD...it's not about that.

It's about how we go about making the Club work as one, for a better more secure future...rather than the merry go round of quick fix's and manager changes...it has to stop.

Unfortunately many just see us on the up at this present moment and think everything is rosy.

Those same fans will be moaning again when it all goes tits up again from the same mistakes.

As for the previous post re the two loan signing...yes think Clough and Taylor signing players without the owners or boards consent.

Who brought in the under 21 coach?.

Unfortunately,

The Club had a plan.

and didn't Tinnion say when he came in there was no scouting network?.

Remember this club is so poorly run that the FA decided to grant our amateur set up Grade 2 status in line with teams like Stoke, Birmingham, etc...

The reason we lost out to Aston Villa in terms of youngsters is because they have a Grade One acadmeny and can cherry pick the best youngsters but lets not let facts get in the way of knocking the club

Well that just goes to show how little you know about how academy systems work....no offense.

Yes...they can cherry pick of sorts...but we have no budget for us to compete with.

These youngsters were from Hereford ffs... easy for us to pick up.

As for Tinnion saying their was no scouting in place... correct...but it's just as bad as before as they wont give the scouting network a budget....so it's worthless.

Still people seem to think I and others think SoD was the Messiah...that's total bull.

It could have been any manager put in place to carry out the 'plan'.

It's the fact that the Club seem to have dropped that plan since he's left.

I'm sure some on here just want to make this an SC and SoD argument...why?

Archived