IGNORED

Oscar Pistorius (Merged)

westred1

• Admin

indeed and 5 years more than most of us expected the way it was panning out, for me it's highlighted what an incredibly ridiculous and complicated legal system they have in South Africa.

Just reading that you would get a longer sentance for accidently killing a rhino !

And serve the rest under house arrest - whatever that means.

It's a mockery really. Could mean he is free to roam away from his home at specified times to go shopping, visit the dentist etc, but is under curfew after that. Might have to wear an electronic tag, could even be allowed visitors freely. 

Not much of a sentence for a loss of human life that was easily preventable.

What a miserable load of PC bastards, it's funny FFS.

That's the spirit, I was half expecting a bollocking from someone and my ready retort was: don't blame me, blame Jimmy!

Apparently the great Frank Skinner had to do a gig on the night Diana died.  #awkward (as the kids would say).  He starts, "I'm damn glad I've recently got into the florist industry. . . . "

Another observation from Frank: humour should be judged on the merits of its funniness, not its content.

That's the spirit, I was half expecting a bollocking from someone and my ready retort was: don't blame me, blame Jimmy!

Apparently the great Frank Skinner had to do a gig on the night Diana died.  #awkward (as the kids would say).  He starts, "I'm damn glad I've recently got into the florist industry. . . . "

Another observation from Frank: humour should be judged on the merits of its funniness, not its content.

Oh i'm sure somebody on here will find offence, if you wait long enough.

Celebrities too scared to laugh.

For me, NOTHING is off limits as long as it is funny.

Frankie Boyle has a great joke on peadophilia for example. Maybe I shouldn't type it on here for the sensitive souls well being.

Nothing off limits eh? Even say if it was about your mum/dad/brother/sister a day or so after they died, as long as it was funny?

I am all for finding things funny, and the jokes linked here I also found funny. But don't be so silly as to mention sensitive souls on here. Because if one made such a generic but funny joke about one of your loved ones who had been killed molested or raped I'm sure you would not find it so funny.

So why just not leave it for those who find it funny to find it funny, and those that don't don't.

Nothing off limits eh? Even say if it was about your mum/dad/brother/sister a day or so after they died, as long as it was funny?

I am all for finding things funny, and the jokes linked here I also found funny. But don't be so silly as to mention sensitive souls on here. Because if one made such a generic but funny joke about one of your loved ones who had been killed molested or raped I'm sure you would not find it so funny.

So why just not leave it for those who find it funny to find it funny, and those that don't don't.

Sorry, I just don't get offended. The old saying 'sticks and stones' doesn't seem to apply in this day and age of offence seeking.

Archived