IGNORED

Oscar Pistorius (Merged)

westred1

Sorry, I just don't get offended. The old saying 'sticks and stones' doesn't seem to apply in this day and age of offence seeking.

Nor do I. But don't expect others to live by that adage, you yourself, in a way, are sensitive over those being sensitive or you wouldn't have mentioned it.

People either like or dislike these types of jokes.. I like them, but why get worried about premeditating what others may think and in doing so try to demean their opinion on what they may think as being sick.

Nor do I. But don't expect others to live by that adage, you yourself, in a way, are sensitive over those being sensitive or you wouldn't have mentioned it.

People either like or dislike these types of jokes.. I like them, but why get worried about premeditating what others may think and in doing so try to demean their opinion on what they may think as being sick.

Mate, I think context an intent is relevant.

Jimmy Carr's a comedian, his job is to be funny. The difference between Frankie Boyle and Carr is that the former seems to create his jokes in a deliberate attempt to couse offence. Jimmy just tries to be funny because that's his job.

The audience at the Q Awards appear to have completely misunderstood Carr, imo. Not that I'm bothered, just sharing my opinion on a forum.

Archived