IGNORED

Gas In The Conference For Bristol As A Whole.

CIDER NOT CIDRE

Gas Going Down  

315 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As has been said above they have gloated any good will out of me that I may have had for them. Selling the Mem confirmed my hatred of them. Out of interest if they do go down what are opinions on them surving finacially would it scupper plans to leave the Mem.

The best thing to happen in modern football,l would be the gas to be above us right now...but so many on here would not get that...or understand football and contracts...but hey ho...whatever...

Yeah....yeah that would be ******* great wouldnt it??

You're obviously more pissed than me and I'm sh1tfaced

I would like City and Rovers to be in the same division so that there are two derbies every season and an intense rivalry. I would like that rivalry to be in the highest division in England.

I have friends and family who are Rovers fans. The best banter is when the two teams play each other and City win.

Football is about rivalries. I do not want to see the demise of our #1 rival.

That's why we should all love to see them squirm and hopefully go down.

To say we should be the bigger team regarding forgetting 82, they still call us the 82'ers so they wont let us forget it.

If they stay up then fair play as there must be a team even worse than them, but if they go down it will make what we went through regarding 82 and the youtube clip above pale in significance and they know it!

After what we have been through for the last few seasons this is the best end of season i can remember for a long time :)

Will it actually make much difference? Fans who support them at the bottom of L2 will support them in the Skrill, same as lots of us would if City were ever in that position.

I also doubt that local media coverage will change, unless they drop out for a significant period of time and Bristol Rugby become successful, leading to alternate City and rugby games on commentary.

I would love them to drop and, as a current Wycombe resident, will be there to watch their game against the Wanderers. However, you just know that if we struggle at the start of next season whilst they do well, the same deluded fools will be back mouthing off about how they've hit bottom and will rebound higher than us.

To be honest, it's the same as we would do in their position. The same as Torquay fans are probably saying to Exeter fans. The same as any set of fans would say in that position.

It'll be funny for a while if they go down but overall I don't really care about them. Looking forward to a better season next year for us!

It will be funny until about mid June I'd say. Then the fixtures will come out and we'll all concentrate on the upcoming season, player ins and outs, has SC been on holiday or on a sunbed because he's got a bit of a Steve Jones look about him.

Then the friendlies will start and we'll struggle past a non league side, as we invaribly do ,and everyone will go into panic mode that all the deficiencies in the squad are yet to be sorted. Roverzzz meanwhile will get a draw against a league side and all their fans will be on here telling us that they are going to walk the Skrill and they will see us next season when we go down.

Then August  9th will roll around and the hordes of reds will spill out of a ground somewhere, pour into the pubs around said ground and a conversation will strike up....

"How did the gAss get on today?"

"Lost"

"Who against?"

"Dunno, never heard of 'em"

And then, it will be funny again!!

Disclaimer: This is wishful thinking and should not be taken literally. Imagination levels can go down as well as up.

Lets be honest, they give this wonderful city of ours a bad name.

I thought they had done a hull & changed their name to struggling bristol rovers.

Every time I hear on Radio Bristol some half wit sag giving his one syllable

opinion on a match he didn't even attend is hilarious

I don't think I'll 'celebrate' another club getting relegated from the football league, but I certainly want it to happen; primarily because of how the majority of their lot have been over our relegation last year and Ashton Vale in recent times, but also just because it'll be funny

It will be funny until about mid June I'd say. Then the fixtures will come out and we'll all concentrate on the upcoming season, player ins and outs, has SC been on holiday or on a sunbed because he's got a bit of a Steve Jones look about him.

Then the friendlies will start and we'll struggle past a non league side, as we invaribly do ,and everyone will go into panic mode that all the deficiencies in the squad are yet to be sorted. Roverzzz meanwhile will get a draw against a league side and all their fans will be on here telling us that they are going to walk the Skrill and they will see us next season when we go down.

Then August 9th will roll around and the hordes of reds will spill out of a ground somewhere, pour into the pubs around said ground and a conversation will strike up....

"Lost"

"Who against?"

Disclaimer: This is wishful thinking and should not be taken literally. Imagination levels can go down as well as up.

The humour would only increase ten fold once the fixtures are released and we hopefully get to see what dates they can look forward to visiting the likes of Braintree, Salisbury, Welling & Southport etc!

Might be a good idea for people in the poll to put their ages on with their vote. I am 65.  I suspect its the "older" supporters who are a little more tolerant of Rovers. The rivalry many years ago was more friendly then and usually discussed over a pint in the pub face to face rather than from the safety of  a keyboard. The Rovers fans who wish us ill luck are probably the same age as the City fans who wish the Rovers ill luck. Yes I want them below us and for us to have bragging rights, that's what makes good rivalry. But we almost went into oblivion too once and I wouldn't wish that on any club, especially a local club. Someone said we could use Cardiff as our new rivals to hate. Might be worth remembering they our way above us at the moment, so they have all the bragging rights as it stands. Be careful what you wish for.  

That's why we should all love to see them squirm and hopefully go down.

To say we should be the bigger team regarding forgetting 82, they still call us the 82'ers so they wont let us forget it.

If they stay up then fair play as there must be a team even worse than them, but if they go down it will make what we went through regarding 82 and the youtube clip above pale in significance and they know it!

After what we have been through for the last few seasons this is the best end of season i can remember for a long time :)

This is exactly why they deserve to go. The thing is that whenever we suffer some misfortune they come out in their droves celebrating for months and months and their celebrations are happy tinged with real jealous nastiness. Then as soon as they get some back they erupt with their "Here we go again f'ing sheeds and their superiority complex". It's utter horse! It's like the insecure school bully who puts down others but when it is their turn for a bit out come the fists.

Believe. Those lot are so insecure and jealous that it even goes beyond putting the support of their own club first.

Their demise will be without doubt the best thing that ever happened to Bristol football.

As for the derbies? Oh well, there will be other ones and at least the pitches will stay intact. Innocent children won't be afraid of being chinned by some 70s neanderthal stuck in the past tote ender, and no fear of unfair points deduction as the result of mindless thugs with an inferiority complex.

Ta da.

Then August  9th will roll around and the hordes of reds will spill out of a ground somewhere, pour into the pubs around said ground and a conversation will strike up....

"Lost"

"Who against?"

I love it :yes: keep that wishful thinking going GR.. try to include the line, wound up,dead n buried,gone forever....Ahhh sweet dreams :clapping:

I'd be absolutely delighted if they fell out the football league. They are a vile lot. Shame they will stay up though. They will get a spawny result along the way to keep them up, then by the time pre season rolls around, they'll be the biggest club on the planet with the best fans the world has ever seen.

Archived