IGNORED

Gas In The Conference For Bristol As A Whole.

CIDER NOT CIDRE

Gas Going Down  

315 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't think it will make that much of a difference.

They have been on a downward slide for many years.

In a nutshell, it is their inability to accept that they are a League 2 team. How many times have we heard of yet another play off push on the back of a win irrespective of their league position.

That has been their downfall.

I think this is now dawning on their fans.

If they have the same 'big club' ethos in the Skrill then they will continue to spiral downward.

I can think of another Bristol club whose fans have similar delusions.

For me the only question is whether it would benefit City if it happened. Answer no it wouldn't. The demise of Bradford PA didn't help Bradford City. The demise of New Brighton didn't help Tranmere Rovers. On the other hand the success of Everton & Liverpool and Man City & Man Utd helped both teams in their respective cities. For the sake of football in the city of Bristol, let's have two successful team with City always having the edge of course.

I don't understand why people think City or Rovers can only be successful with the help of the other. History hasn't backed this theory up. We have got to be the only two club City with no major honours whatsoever.....City came very close before Rovers joined the league.

I don't understand why people think City or Rovers can only be successful with the help of the other. History hasn't backed this theory up. We have got to be the only two club City with no major honours whatsoever.....City came very close before Rovers joined the league.

Perhaps neither have achieved much over the years but looking at the facts, yes facts not what you want to believe, you will see that with a strong City team Rovers also had a strong squad. 

Perhaps neither have achieved much over the years but looking at the facts, yes facts not what you want to believe, you will see that with a strong City team Rovers also had a strong squad.

The facts are that in 100 years of two teams in Bristol we've both achieved next to nothing so how can you be so sure that it would be disastrous for City if Rovers went down?

Or is it just what YOU believe?

Back in those days, both teams had their times in the old 2nd division. City had Atyeo, Rovers had Geoff Bradford Both were exciting strikers. The rivalry was exciting and did both clubs good. City had the edge about 80%  of the time and that is just how it should be. The collapse of City falling from the 1st division all the way down to the 4th certainly never did Rovers any good apart from bragging rights. The current collapse of Rovers equally would not do City any good either.

Total parasites. ALL they care about is some deluded fantasy that they are better than us is some way. That is their ONLY benchmark, only the day the league is finally shot of them some Neanderthal will probably post that they "have nicer pies than the teds" so that makes it alright.

Mind you they probably do, but FGR's will still be the best in the Conference.

I don't get it. Most of their fans hate us. Detest us. Can't bear us. Insanely jealous of us. Would burn a few City shirts and have a huge party with Holloway as the guest speaker cracking jokes about how much they all hate the s***heads if we were in their position. Get a grip.

Total parasites. ALL they care about is some deluded fantasy that they are better than us is some way. That is their ONLY benchmark, only the day the league is finally shot of them some Neanderthal will probably post that they "have nicer pies than the teds" so that makes it alright.

Mind you they probably do, but FGR's will still be the best in the Conference.

In some ways, we probably do the same so without them, we set our own goals. Who will we compare ourselves to without them? Cardiff?

With no gas in the league, we can set personal goals which should be an awful lot higher than finishing above that lot of pikey scum!

No more comparisons of the 2 Bristol clubs, just let the one club soar while the other one withers and dies. That would do me!

I can't comprehend people wishing any sort of success for the horrible gappers, especially when they want them to do well, but be "below City".

What use are they if there is no derby?

No extra frisson of nervous tension in the morning because you know, if City **** it up, it's going to be a long old few weeks dealing with the pikey gloating. On the other hand, the kindly, benevolent smile and the cheery "Morning, thought you were a bit unlucky, actually" (even if they weren't) to sad Sag acquaintances, that drives them into spasms of rage, on the off chance that we remembered to turn up.

But what's the point? Last derby that mattered was years ago.

Man alive, the small time attitude of some City fans when we did them in the Pisspot trophy. A pitch invasion? In about the most irrelevant game we could EVER play against them? Who cares if they would have done the same to us if the situation was reversed - it's a small time attitude, it's to be expected from them. Not playing them means less chance of some City "fans" completely embarrassing our club.

They're a drain on local football talent, local sponsorship and, if they were to disappear down the Pyramid, a generation removed from being a drain on local support.

Though I have met some Gasheads with some small degree of sanity (and at the moment, when in their cups, with the pall of death upon them, some of those actually would accept relegation as a consequence of the vast incompetence from the leaders of that football club and hope that the complete surprise of it would shock the morons in charge into actually sorting the club out) and I am of the belief that their focus on the "new stadium" (much like ours), has impacted their success on the pitch to an extreme degree. But even for those blue few who know that really, City are Bristol or Bristol is City, even if they would never admit it, I want them gone.

As a passionate City fan, I want them gone. The Derby isn't worth it.

If I were a dispassionate suit who worries about money all day, I want them down, no question.

I suppose, for me, as rivals on the pitch, they are no longer important (this might be down to the desperate football City have been pedalling for 6 years), maybe that'll change; maybe I want it to change too, I don't know. But off the pitch, they're just a drain on the club I support and if there are benefits to be had by them not being in the league, that's all that matters.

Archived