IGNORED

Geoff Twentyman Call In Show Tonight, Iplayer (Merged)

luke_bristol

"We're going to have the best stadium in the Conference"

"If someone offered me Rovers getting relegated or my dog dying, i'd take my dog dying!"

I couldn't believe it when I heard him say that, even in the heat of the moment. Just imagine everytime he looks at his dog now he knows he's wished him dead. Staggering.

That bit was hilarious.  The biggest game in their history and the gashead is listening to City's meaningless game at Crawley, unaware that Rovers were on another frequency.  Absolute classic.

Loved it. Did you hear when Twentypence gently corrected him and he said "Well, don't I feel a berk now?" Then he said something about being old school and not being used to FM. Eh?!?!?  :laughcont:

That idiot who went on about City fans in the away end was priceless. "I've heard from colleagues that City fans are waiting outside for us so I'm staying in here."

Also laughed at the commentator saying that Darrell Clarke was "uncontrollable". I think he was getting him confused with the Rovers fans... 

Comedy Gold! Oh YES!

Fancied a relax so sat in the bath with a cup of tea and listened....Divorce (x2), wrong frequency....Tears streaming down my face when the manager came on!

Loved it!

Can we get a permanent copy for OTIB...When ever we feel 'blue' we can just tune in and cheer ourselves up!!

That was an enjoyable 90 minutes. Nearly as good as the crying sag on the news last night!

(Looking at his son) 'I feel sorry for him (blub, blub, sniff, sob)!'

It's your fault he's a sag you doughnut, you're his dad and you took him to watch the shower of crap!!

Comedy Gold! Oh YES!

Fancied a relax so sat in the bath with a cup of tea and listened....Divorce (x2), wrong frequency....Tears streaming down my face when the manager came on!

Loved it!

Can we get a permanent copy for OTIB...When ever we feel 'blue' we can just tune in and cheer ourselves up!!

I've got a copy ripped, it's about 80meg zipped

I remember Xmas '03 being really irritated when that cover version of "Mad World" bumped the feelgood Chrimbo song by the Darkness from number 1 - I quite like it now...

Funny that, I remember being jubilant that the superb Gary Jules pipped those ridiculous ***** to number 1.

Right at the end the commentator who was at Whorefield says "The Spanish acquisition has begun". :blink: Either a slip of his tongue or the Gas are hoping to attract World Cup winners to the Conference.

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition. Our chief weapon is surprise. Surprise and fear.

the text that they read out at 2.14 is from Steve Ryan.

That's my uncle, the former deputy head of QEH (for all you former / current students there). I know from years gone by on this forum that some of you know him, either via QEH or some other capacity.

He skyped my grandad so he could listen to the commentary as it was the only way he could listen to it in Australia. 

still think my favourite quote from a Rovers fan was after we beat Walsall away and they'd just lost to Torquay at home...

''it's my birthday tomorrow Geoff, what a great present. Another year supporting the gas....roll on death''

Anyone know how to download it so it can be played on the S4?

When I click on the link the first word keeps repeating over and over and over

If the word is "relegated" there is nothing wrong with the recording.

Anyone know how to download it so it can be played on the S4?

When I click on the link the first word keeps repeating over and over and over

I've got it as an mp3, it's an 80 meg download though

Archived