IGNORED

Road-Rage Corner

Hello motorists.

Looking for bad examples of the phenomena known as 'road-rage' today.

I might add that the purpose of this thread is the promotion of the highest standards of road safety, and to give examples of how NOT to behave on the public highway.

Understand, this is not cheap entertainment for any of us, OK?

I'll start with the basics, with an example of how to get someones blood boiling. This is important, as almost all road-rage incidents start over something trivial, or perceived rudeness or bad manners. It is the violent escalation that is the master-stroke.

Here we go then:-

Someone commits a minor indiscretion against you - goes to pull out, as they thought it was clear, but stops before actually inconveniencing you. They put their hand up to apologise, mouthing the words 'sorry'. 

You should: slow down to approximately 10 mph, eye-balling them, and make sure they see you wagging your finger right in the windscreen:  :nono: .

Level two next week.

TFR

Had an instance of road rage yesterday, driving down a narrow road a cyclist is riding towards me (no helmet) I keep to the left so he has plenty of room to pass me, the cyclist then proceeds to shout at me and tells me to get off of the ******* road, excuse me? I pay bloody road tax so I of course then saw red and exchanged a few unpleasent words with the cu next tuesday.

Woah, woah, calm-down dears!

I said level two was next week.

We've got about five levels to get though, level five being physical contact (hitting / biting) and use of weapons.

Level three is when you have forced someone to pull-over, and are deciding whether to get out of your vehicle - probably skipping level four, straight to level five. Normally, one person will chicken-out at level three, giving you a clear level four option, which is reckless chasing.

For now, can we stick to level one, and no higher than a two?

Remember guys, this is a road safety thread.

TFR

People who cannot keep up with legal speed limit. i.e doing 20 in 30 or 30 in 40 etc.

People who do not acknowledge you allowing them to come through even though you have right of way

******* cyclists all together. Happily ram them over.

People who break down hill rather than just let the car roll.

I've also discovered women hate waiting for you to come past. You can wave at them to say thank you. But found 9 times out of 10 they will not wave back or make eye contact.

What has annoyed me a lot lately and it seems to be happening quite a lot recently, say im on a round about and im taking the 3rd exit as i cut over as your supposed to do I look in my blind spot and notice a car from behind has cut me up, the only way to avoid an accident is for me to go all the way around the round about and then hopefully catch up with the ****ers and givr them some verbals.

Not sure if this is level 1 (?)

People who still drive as if they are on their test; and have not adapted to how things work in the real world.

(Like a football referee who knows the rules, but doesn't know "the game").

Drivers who approach a roundabout; and don't look right (while still moving), to see if any other vehicles are approaching.

Surely, if there are no cars approaching, is it not sensible to keep going and cross the roundabout ?

Why stop, THEN have a look, see there are no cars approaching, THEN drive off ??

Alright you bunch of bastards. Speaking as a pedestrian, If ever on a busy road you fail to indicate exactly which turn you intend to take, having explicitly seen me frustratingly stood there for 5 minutes waiting for a mili-second of opportunity for which to cross which you have now denied me (because you are a selfish, brain dead ****) then as of this point, you can consider your tires slashed. Understood?

People who don't understand what this symbol means

http://www.uk-road-signs.com/signs-giving-orders/speed-limit-signs/national-speed-limit/

IT MEANS YOU CAN DO AT LEAST 60, AND DEPENDING ON THE ROAD EVEN 70!!!! NOT JUST CARRY ON BUMBLING ALONG AT 40!!!!!!

Buses who don't use bus lanes when they're available!!

IM NOT ALLOWED IN YOUR LANE, SO GET OUT OF MINE!!

Cyclists who cycle next to each other having a chat

THIS IS NOT A CYCLE PATH!!!

20mph speed limits not near schools or play areas.

DONT EVEN GET ME STARTED!!!!

How's that for starters?

People who are frightened to death to use bus lanes even though they have designated times for use. The one on wells road and bath road a good example. 7 - 10 a.m and 4.30 - 6.30 p.m the sign says. It's simple, that's when you can't use it. Any other time use the ******* thing and don't cut in at the last minute

People who cannot keep up with legal speed limit. i.e doing 20 in 30 or 30 in 40 etc.

People who do not acknowledge you allowing them to come through even though you have right of way

******* cyclists all together. Happily ram them over.

People who break down hill rather than just let the car roll.

I've also discovered women hate waiting for you to come past. You can wave at them to say thank you. But found 9 times out of 10 they will not wave back or make eye contact.

How about saltford, redhill and pensford where there's a speed camera at bottom of hill. Are these switched off as well, not being bristol council?

Alright you bunch of bastards. Speaking as a pedestrian, If ever on a busy road you fail to indicate exactly which turn you intend to take, having explicitly seen me frustratingly stood there for 5 minutes waiting for a mili-second of opportunity for which to cross which you have now denied me (because you are a selfish, brain dead ****) then as of this point, you can consider your tires slashed. Understood?

I always let people like yourselves cross but what annoys me is when I do so and you don't say thank you.

I always let people like yourselves cross but what annoys me is when I do so and you don't say thank you.

Am very courteous on zebra crossings but, sadly, as a jay walker the moment's gone too soon.

Also, as a cyclist, I'd rather pull to the right and let the motorists pass.  More peaceful that way.

It's them health w.anchors in lycra who think they're saving the world you want to run over.  Me and motorists have a decent relationship.

Normally it's fine out on the roads, you can understand why people do certain things, pulling out when they can't see properly, missing an indicator.

People that race down filter lanes knowing they'll have to cut in annoy me - but at the end of the day, it's what they're there for, when used effectively it's not in the slightest bit irritating.

Sailing down the outside of a queue, knowing you need to join it is not acceptable - sometimes you may not realise you need to join it but I'm quite sure this doesn't cover the dozens of drivers that do it on congested motorways and larger A roads.

Centre Lane Only Drivers. I now just undertake the cheeky ****ers.

Got to admit I'm one of them. However I don't plod along at 60mph, I have a fear of the fast lane due to the massive concrete barriers they have installed and the slow lane is full of hgvs so I just stick to the middle lane.

The tossers who can't use the flashy ticky thingys that let us know where they intend to go!!

You should be allowed to perform a citizens arrest on those f*'kers :grr:

Don't forget the Bristolian version of the Highway Code.

Turn

Indicate

Mirror (to see what's hit you)

bloke at petsmart watched me reverse into a space then approached my window and said rudely that i ought to leave enough room for him to get in his car. i rudely replied that he needed to get on a *********g diet with which he wandered round and got into his own car and drove off without a problem

Chavs who have to slow down to 1 m.p.h. to get their ultra low suspension cars, with ridiculously oversized exhaust systems, over a road hump. They then accelerate to around 60 m.p.h., only to slam on the brakes as they then approach the next road hump at 1 m.p.h.

Grow up, you ******g w*****s !!!

Got to admit I'm one of them. However I don't plod along at 60mph, I have a fear of the fast lane due to the massive concrete barriers they have installed and the slow lane is full of hgvs so I just stick to the middle lane.

Scared they might jump out in front of you ?

1) ****ts with 1000 decibel exhausts.

2) ignorant to55ers who do not acknowledge my selfless acts of highway courtesy

3) any ****er who drops McDonald/KFC bags out their window - hanging would be to good for them

4) any caravan or motor home owner

4) any other driver, cyclist, pedestrian using the road I'm on - particularly the M5 this afternoon from Bristol to Exeter that was full of Grokels

Archived