IGNORED

Road-Rage Corner

Birds on the road, which move last minute AFTER you've put the brakes on. 10% of which are just too dim and die a potentially slow and uncomfortable death.

I flattened one the other day when I though 'like **** will I slow down this time'.

People that swerve or brake to avoid wildlife annoys me.

People that swerve or brake to avoid wildlife annoys me.

Like to see the outcome of that for you if said wildlife is a cow or something else of similar staure!

Mate of mine from SA follows your mantra go straight, knock it down. Hard and cold. My instinct tells me not to kill or hit a animal. You need to be very cold hearted to carry on straight' even if it is logically the right thing to do.

Like to see the outcome of that for you if said wildlife is a cow or something else of similar staure!

Mate of mine from SA follows your mantra go straight, knock it down. Hard and cold. My instinct tells me not to kill or hit a animal. You need to be very cold hearted to carry on straight' even if it is logically the right thing to do.

On a clear Road then no problem at all attempting to avoid hitting it but if there is cars behind you or cars on the other side of the road coming towards you then sorry but swerving or braking to save the life of a pigeon and endangering human life isn't acceptable and is quite frankly dangerous.

I once ran over a rabbit. Felt it go under my wheels, felt the crunch. I had no time to react as it just darted in front of me. I pulled over and was physically sick.

Do what you can to avoid hitting them but don't endanger human life at the same time.

No one likes killing animals on the road but I would rather have that on my conscience rather than a death of a human on my conscience.

On a clear Road then no problem at all attempting to avoid hitting it but if there is cars behind you or cars on the other side of the road coming towards you then sorry but swerving or braking to save the life of a pigeon and endangering human life isn't acceptable and is quite frankly dangerous.

I once ran over a rabbit. Felt it go under my wheels, felt the crunch. I had no time to react as it just darted in front of me. I pulled over and was physically sick.

Do what you can to avoid hitting them but don't endanger human life at the same time.

No one likes killing animals on the road but I would rather have that on my conscience rather than a death of a human on my conscience.

Thats fair, and completely different to what you said before!

****ing Smart Car owners who park them at 90 degrees to the pavement.

It really makes my sh*t itch, especially when there is a space half the size of a car next to them.

Your car's not big, you're not big and you're certainly not ****ing clever.

It really makes my sh*t itch, especially when there is a space half the size of a car next to them.

What's the problem? Park a bit closer to them. Then they can't open the doors to get back in the car :)

But it is fine for a Smart car to park that way.

But then again, many Smart car owners are special in their own way - especially those who put Mercedes badges on them and think they own a Merc.

Divs.

But it is fine for a Smart car to park that way.

But then again, many Smart car owners are special in their own way - especially those who put Mercedes badges on them and think they own a Merc.

Divs.

Technically they're right.

Smart cars were made from a collaboration between Mercedes and Swatch (for their expertise in micro engineering).

Swatch + Mercedes Art = Smart.

Parking ................. "mmmmmmm".

People who park next to your car sooooo close, it is impossible to get into your car. Naturally, they leave plenty of space on the drivers side of their own car, so THEY can get out.

You have to get in on the passenger side of your car, and climb over the gear stick.

The only thing left to settle here is:-

1) How many of their tyres do you let down (check for CCTV first)

2) What sort of 'thank you' note do you put on their windscreen ...............

TFR

They had the same principle in Australia when I lived there. They actively tried to hit animals.

But what can you expect from a nation where Shane Warne is considered some sort of intellectual...

No, no .......... probably slightly more stern a rebuke than that.

The usual put-down on OTIB would suffice, you know, when someone mildly disagrees with your post:-

- 'shirt-lifter'

- 'pedo'

- 'gas-head'

It is especially brave to anonymously offer a fight when leaving a note like this too.

Keep this standard up.

TFR

People who don't understand what this symbol means

http://www.uk-road-signs.com/signs-giving-orders/speed-limit-signs/national-speed-limit/

IT MEANS YOU CAN DO AT LEAST 60, AND DEPENDING ON THE ROAD EVEN 70!!!! NOT JUST CARRY ON BUMBLING ALONG AT 40!!!!!!

As a new driver I am guilty of this :(. It seems whenever there is a national speed limit sign you hit a long tight bend. No way can I do 60 on country roads - that's insane. I'm sure I'll get there in good time.

For me nobody indicates making roundabouts less efficient then they need to be. People who drive under the speed limit on main roads. Cyclists who create a massive backlog even though they are adjacent to 180 miles of track (the Tarka Trail).

As a new driver I am guilty of this :(. It seems whenever there is a national speed limit sign you hit a long tight bend. No way can I do 60 on country roads - that's insane. I'm sure I'll get there in good time.

For me nobody indicates making roundabouts less efficient then they need to be. People who drive under the speed limit on main roads. Cyclists who create a massive backlog even though they are adjacent to 180 miles of track (the Tarka Trail).

The NSL is just that, a speed limit. There is some roads with a NSL but it's only safe to do 10mph. What people often forget with speed limits is that they are a limit and not a target. I wish more drivers were able to drive to the conditions and the road layouts. Just drive at the speed you feel safe at.

I was on the motorway the other week in torrential rain and it was only safe to do 30th at most due to visibility and because it was like driving on an ice rink. Still some nutters were driving 80mph+

The NSL is just that, a speed limit. There is some roads with a NSL but it's only safe to do 10mph. What people often forget with speed limits is that they are a limit and not a target. I wish more drivers were able to drive to the conditions and the road layouts. Just drive at the speed you feel safe at.

I was on the motorway the other week in torrential rain and it was only safe to do 30th at most due to visibility and because it was like driving on an ice rink. Still some nutters were driving 80mph+

Then it is bloody infuriating when your in a bit of country road that is 30 and it's perfectly safe to do 60

correct,but then, people should only drive to the capability of their car, someone driving at 30 on the motorway (I have to say if that was the top speed,it would probably be better if everyone stopped as aquaplaning at 30 would happen at 5 mph 30mph or 70 mph) in a 60 year old car is abit different to someon driving 70 in the top of the range Jag.

Drive to the conditions and the ability of your car, remembering those in front may or may not have the ability to stop in the same distance as you.

The police can do you for driving too slow, so it depends if you suffer from 'Sunday driving syndrome'.

Like yesterday, I was stuck behind someone doing 20mph in a 40mph along a straight and low hazard & risk road. That plonker should not be driving.

The police can do you for driving too slow, so it depends if you suffer from 'Sunday driving syndrome'.

Like yesterday, I was stuck behind someone doing 20mph in a 40mph along a straight and low hazard & risk road. That plonker should not be driving.

I often wonder how do some people pass their tests? I don't advocate driving slow, as pointed out its about driving to the conditions, the road and the ability of the car. On a clear day with no traffic on a average Road then there is no reason why anyone should be going majorly slow.

Another thing that really annoys me is sat nav drivers, they become oblivious to the world around them and are fixated on their sat navs.

Sorry mate but I was enjoying the view and trying to avoid the wildlife.

correct,but then, people should only drive to the capability of their car, someone driving at 30 on the motorway (I have to say if that was the top speed,it would probably be better if everyone stopped as aquaplaning at 30 would happen at 5 mph 30mph or 70 mph) in a 60 year old car is abit different to someon driving 70 in the top of the range Jag.

Drive to the conditions and the ability of your car, remembering those in front may or may not have the ability to stop in the same distance as you.

I would rather aquaplane at 30mph than at 70mph. In harsh weather conditions the slower you go the more chance you have of controlling the car and you have more chances of reacting to situations. Driving at 70mph no matter what car you drive in dangerous conditions is putting people's lives at risk.

I would rather aquaplane at 30mph than at 70mph. In harsh weather conditions the slower you go the more chance you have of controlling the car and you have more chances of reacting to situations. Driving at 70mph no matter what car you drive in dangerous conditions is putting people's lives at risk.

No doubt, but if the weather is bad enough to cause aquaplaning then you shouldn't be driving, be it 5 30 or 70, is the point I am making.  By saying you stand a better chance of controlling the car at 30 is a wasted argument, as you have already intimated you are not in control of the car.  Solution, pull in and stop if Aquaplaning looks like it will be an issue.

My reference to better equipped cars is for those dicks, for instants, following a BMW doing 80 in a Metro, the BMW driver hits his brakes.  Which car brakes wins in stopping distances? hence drive to the capability of your car, not necessarily to what is advertised.  for instance national speed limit on a windy lane in the aforementioned cars, you don't do 60 in the Metro!

Edit, you generally pick up speed when aquaplaning, so 30 mph or not you'll end up going faster than that, and most people die when hit by cars going over 30

If there is a high possibility of aquaplaning you shouldn't be on the road IMO, You lose control of the car and as soon as that happens you are putting other people at risk as well as yourself

Another thing I hate, Cars overtaking on Blind bends, Almost had a crash going to and from work the other day as I went round the bend I met a car overtaking a cyclist :grr:

What makes it worse is there was a straight round the corner where the driver could safely overtake the bike

When you are approaching the end of the road and there is car turning into it coming the other way but they just fancy taking both sides of the road to turn!

Cheers then!

:)  when I had a beat up old rust bucket, I used to nudge up to the junction and let people take the sides of their car apart when doing that to me. Hehe had a few pissed off people, who I pointed out to that I was on my side of the road, insurance details please.

I wonder if any learnt their lesson.  Best car I did it to was a BMW 5 series.  I had a beat up old Volvo at the time, needless to say others peoples cars always had a lot more damage!

:) when I had a beat up old rust bucket, I used to nudge up to the junction and let people take the sides of their car apart when doing that to me. Hehe had a few pissed off people, who I pointed out to that I was on my side of the road, insurance details please.

I wonder if any learnt their lesson. Best car I did it to was a BMW 5 series. I had a beat up old Volvo at the time, needless to say others peoples cars always had a lot more damage!

It's laziness and selfish to other drivers. Fair shout TRL :)

Archived