IGNORED

Road-Rage Corner

And front ones when there is no need or they think theyre appropriate to use as side/headlights!

Though, it must be said that sidelights with fog lights are fine for fog and heavy rain during the day.

You see plenty with their dip beam on (and no fog lights) when it's less visible to see others.

Not sufficient or required :)

When they have turned their back wiper on and then forgotten to turn it off again (I have to physically avert my eyes if I see this happening as it gives me THE RAGE!!)

Windscreen wipers that need changing and are therefore squeaking like a kitten being murdered. Again this gives me THE RAGE!!

And breathe!

A friend's elderly mother took her car into the garage because she was concerned about a persistent regular squeak from the back of her car.

I can see that you're ahead of me here...

Ive shaped my rear fogs into a penis, so when the driver behind annoys me, I can burn a penis into their retina forever.

Can't wait till the affliction "penis vision" gets recognised in the medical journal

Could become a trend in the gay community http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://utstatic.a.cdnify.io/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Gay-flag-840x550.jpg&imgrefurl=http://urbantimes.co/2013/07/5-important-societal-contributions-made-by-the-gay-community/&h=550&w=840&tbnid=AK3UiZfpRaEHbM:&zoom=1&docid=jhbjxAGGYQEMVM&hl=en-gb&ei=zAnrU9uaL8zo7AarlYDoAg&tbm=isch&client=safari&ved=0CCUQMygHMAc

In this scenario there are three vehicles. Car A, Car B and me on my motorbike. Car A needs to turn right so stops close to the middle of the road and waits for the on coming traffic to let him go. The gap between Car A and the pavement on the inside is the width of about half a car. Way to small for Car B (who is behind car A and in front of me) to get through but ample space for me to get through. Car B though feels the need to hug the pavement and get right up the arse of Car A to save literally less than a second when Car A eventually goes. This unessecarily obstructs me for if he just stopped normally I could nip up the inside of both cars and be on my way. 

In this scenario there are three vehicles. Car A, Car B and me on my motorbike. Car A needs to turn right so stops close to the middle of the road and waits for the on coming traffic to let him go. The gap between Car A and the pavement on the inside is the width of about half a car. Way to small for Car B (who is behind car A and in front of me) to get through but ample space for me to get through. Car B though feels the need to hug the pavement and get right up the arse of Car A to save literally less than a second when Car A eventually goes. This unessecarily obstructs me for if he just stopped normally I could nip up the inside of both cars and be on my way. 

Why do motorcyclists feel they should be let through because they are smaller?  Wait in the queue like everyone else :P

Why do motorcyclists feel they should be let through because they are smaller?  Wait in the queue like everyone else :P

Because we can turn a single lane road into a two lane road which any four year old will be able to tell you eases congestion. We can sit in it with you (causing more traffic) or move around you (not causing traffic). Plus when we get to the front we accelerate faster and you never see us again. 

Dear Red Trousers

Encourage bikes with engines

Yours Sincerely

WTTJ

Because we can turn a single lane road into a two lane road which any four year old will be able to tell you eases congestion. We can sit in it with you (causing more traffic) or move around you (not causing traffic). Plus when we get to the front we accelerate faster and you never see us again. 

Dear Red Trousers

Encourage bikes with engines

Yours Sincerely

WTTJ

Then hold us up in the corners!

Unless you've got a Ferrari sat on your drive I'm fairly confident I could go round any corner faster and tighter.

Only one way to settle this though... :boxing:

:laugh:. Okay game of chicken. Choose your weapon of choice.... As long as its a bike ;)

Pedestrians.

More detail? OK then.

You slow down / stop nicely and allow them to cross.

Is this appreciated? ****-no.

They dawdle across, taking as much time as is humanly possible. Typically, not even looking (you might have well mown down the b******ds), or possibly worse, giving you the 'filthy look' i.e. 'damn-right you stop for ME you 4-wheel devil'.

Special offenders are youths with ipods and earphones on pedestrian crossings.

I'm not saying these s41y-heels get me angry, but running them over the once might not be enough.

ALSO.

Cyclists pressing the button on pedestrian crossings, making you stop (typically when there is not another car for 1/2 mile, and then CYCLING across the crossing). WTF???

:igiveup:  :igiveup:  :igiveup:  :igiveup:  :igiveup:  :igiveup:  :igiveup:  :igiveup:  :igiveup:  :igiveup:

TFR

• Admin

TFR, it would appear that we are kindred spirits.

I must now go and lie down, with a strong sedative, as I have had run ins everyday this week in both directions of the A37 near Broadwalk, with the intellectually deficient cretins, that drive along here, with their half witted brains unable to read road signs.

Pedestrians.

More detail? OK then.

You slow down / stop nicely and allow them to cross.

Is this appreciated? ****-no.

They dawdle across, taking as much time as is humanly possible. Typically, not even looking (you might have well mown down the b******ds), or possibly worse, giving you the 'filthy look' i.e. 'damn-right you stop for ME you 4-wheel devil'.

Special offenders are youths with ipods and earphones on pedestrian crossings.

I'm not saying these s41y-heels get me angry, but running them over the once might not be enough.

ALSO.

Cyclists pressing the button on pedestrian crossings, making you stop (typically when there is not another car for 1/2 mile, and then CYCLING across the crossing). WTF???

:igiveup::igiveup::igiveup::igiveup::igiveup::igiveup::igiveup::igiveup::igiveup::igiveup:

TFR

As a non driving pedestrian, I could take issue with just about every point you make.

Drivers don't seem to bother indicating, or even worse do so inconsistently, so the millisecond of opportunity you've been waiting for for half an hour to cross a busy road in rush hour is commonly barbarically denied. They should set up cameras just to prevent that, stiff fines and penalty points as well.

Zebra crossings, is it only optional to stop at them if there's people waiting to use them in the functional way? Still not sure about the rules on that. Jay-walking is often the safer bet, you know where you stand jay-walking.

It appears that once somebody has taken to a steering wheel they simultaneously assume that the world does in fact revolve around them, they also seem to assume that everyone has the superpower of mind-reading.

I'm learning to drive soon so I'll be my own research project. It's probably such a subtle neurological change I won't notice it though.

The **** ts who 'manage' motorway signs.

How difficult is it to look at a monitor to see a hazard is cleared or get a patrol car to report that the problem's been sorted? Yet still hours later '30', '20' speed restrictions shine out. The consequence is everyone ignores them. Fine, until there's a real incident.

May be if one of these morons was prosecuted for causing death through incompetence they might take their job a little more seriously.

What I'm about to post is a video in which a man unfortunately loses his life. David Holmes was riding home from a motorbike event. He was doing just under 100mph when a car crosses his path. The rest is sadly history. Released by police you can now see his point of view. Don't click if your sensitive and mods feel free to remove if it is inappropriate. If ever there was a message that speed kills this is it. Please don't speed, and please think bike. 

What I'm about to post is a video in which a man unfortunately loses his life. David Holmes was riding home from a motorbike event. He was doing just under 100mph when a car crosses his path. The rest is sadly history. Released by police you can now see his point of view. Don't click if your sensitive and mods feel free to remove if it is inappropriate. If ever there was a message that speed kills this is it. Please don't speed, and please think bike.

Saw that. Poor bloke in the car got done for dangerous driving and community service! Why? He looks up, sees a bike a long way in the distance then bang, he hits him because he is going miles over the speed limit. Looking straight on like he would have done elongates the distance. This motorcyclist killed himself, poor bugger in the car gets to live with it for the rest of his life because the dead guy was a complete idiot. I really feel for the driver of the car truth be told.

I bet if he was going a normal speed that car would have been way out of the way and down the road he turned into.

Sad for the bloke that died, but he had it coming.

Very bad to see in any case regardless of where fault lies, however I do have sympathy for the driver hearing he appears to have been held responsible, the difference between 60 and 90 would likely mean a difference of about 5 seconds at least, it may not sound like much but its plenty of time for the car to have turned in from when the driver would have judged how much space there would be.

Reminds me of someone I know, coming onto a 50 mph main road he turns on where there is a slight blind corner, he starts pulling out and a car doing well over the speed limit comes round the corner hits his car and flips. He's held responsible for the accident despite the other car speeding as he was deemed for reckless driving.

Very bad to see in any case regardless of where fault lies, however I do have sympathy for the driver hearing he appears to have been held responsible, the difference between 60 and 90 would likely mean a difference of about 5 seconds at least, it may not sound like much but its plenty of time for the car to have turned in from when the driver would have judged how much space there would be.

Reminds me of someone I know, coming onto a 50 mph main road he turns on where there is a slight blind corner, he starts pulling out and a car doing well over the speed limit comes round the corner hits his car and flips. He's held responsible for the accident despite the other car speeding as he was deemed for reckless driving.

If the car driver was held responsible he would have done time for it. Unfortunately if you cut across someone's path like that, some blame will and has to fall on your shoulders. Obviously the biker was 90% to blame for this but he paid with his life 

I may be prejudiced here, as a biker and having one of the fastest road bikes, but look at the position of that car in relation to the junction road markings. It appears to me she/he has tried to cut in front of the bike.

One of the things that bikes have taught me is always expect the unexpected. Personally, I would have eased off seeing a car approaching a junction - which, looking at the speedo, he may have done. What the biker wouldn't have expected is a double whammy of the car turning across him and not in the correct position on the junction.

Maybe wrong. However, as 99% of my driving is in a car, my take is that the car driver possibly may have thought 'I'm going to beat the biker by short cutting the junction'. So there was an assessment of the speed and the car drivers judgement impacted by her/his desire not to want to wait for the bike to pass.

Whatever happened, a salutary lesson for drivers of all vehicles to take care and be aware!

Archived