IGNORED

What To Watch On Tv

If you can get 'True Detective' on Netflix or similar, that's ******* tremendous

I watched the first episode but it just didn't grab me, which is a shame as I'm a fan of both leads and a huge fan of the band who do the theme (the Handsome Family) Maybe I should give it another go.

I watched the first episode but it just didn't grab me, which is a shame as I'm a fan of both leads and a huge fan of the band who do the theme (the Handsome Family) Maybe I should give it another go.

Give it at least 3 episodes. The first one is slow because it sets the scene, picks up from there IMO

Excellent coverage of the Isle of Man TT races on ITV4 at the moment.

I've not watched this before but they are really doing it well: yesterday - the rebirth of Norton, today general previews and interviews.  Looking forward to the races next week and I'm not that into bikes or motorsport.

Excellent coverage of the Isle of Man TT races on ITV4 at the moment.

I've not watched this before but they are really doing it well: yesterday - the rebirth of Norton, today general previews and interviews.  Looking forward to the races next week and I'm not that into bikes or motorsport.

I'm the same, anything with an engine in it = instant turn off

But the IOM TT is something special. You have some seriously big cahones to do that, cap doffed to all that do

Probably on par with 'the Red Wedding'... The make up department did an incredible job!

It was brutal. The show just keeps delivering, last few episodes have been top notch and still 2 more to go.

Probably on par with 'the Red Wedding'... The make up department did an incredible job!

The red wedding shocked me more in terms of how that actual event unfolded but this was just shear carnage! We had an idea before the trial by conflict started that it was going to be savage but bloody hell. What a way to go.

Killings or big events always seem contrived considering there is very little foreshadowing or build up. Not that I'm being overly critical as what they're attempting with the characters and scenery is quite amazing for a tv show, but the editing and writing seems to suffer. I guess the show just revolves around hurrying out a mixture of scenes to pad out a one hour tv slot, most of them being romantic or comedic inserts straight from the television writers (considering nothing really happens past the 3rd book). They've seemed to have found a diverse audience so I can't really begrudge them for pandering to parts of it.

I've never seen Game Of Thrones, Breaking Bad or Homeland. I'm not really into it!

I'm kinda old fashioned, and quite British also. Only Fools does it for me

I share those qualities but I have heard so many good things about Game of Thrones that when it finally gets onto Freeview I'll be watching it.

BB and Homeland however don't interest me at all.

I watch so little TV these days that if it was up to me we'd get rid of the box and not only save the licence fee but rid the room of an ugly centre piece. I abrogate control of the TV remote to Mrs Robbo, and the kids when they're here, and skulk off to my office to go online in peace  and play music.

The only serial I can honestly say I'm watching at the moment is the one on tonight about the bloke who was caught up in the Manchester bombing and sort of went off the rails. The actor who was "Gene Hunt" plays the lead character. I go round my mum's on Thursday nights, which is the only reason I've caught any of it.

Anyway, I can't remember the name of the series, but it's quite watchable if you like that sort of thing.  I'm with those who strongly prefer British TV to American stuff.

It was brutal. The show just keeps delivering, last few episodes have been top notch and still 2 more to go.

And so it continues to deliver. After a season of plot building, last nights episode just exploded into action.

In terms of a set piece, that last 20 mins....wow. Just as shocking in its own right as last seasons trial by combat and of course the infamous Red Wedding. Must be one of the most epic action sequences I have seen on a TV show. They spend the huge budget wisely.

Anyone else still following this?

Banshee - watched the first series but won't bother with the second. Each episode was full of sex and violence which obviously sells ahead of more interesting storylines.

Watched the Following but got fed up with all the gun in hand, creeping around in dark places looking for baddies. It got too predictable.

Kevin Bacon was very watchable tho.

I brought a whole load of DVD's to Saudi to watch. One was "House of Cards" and was the complete season one.  I watched the whole lot last weekend as it was brilliant. Now moved on to "The Following" which is looking good also.

Archived