IGNORED

Suarez (Merged)

Portland Bill

Looks like a 13 game ban for Liverpool, I wonder what they will do now?.

I don't think he will play again in this country. Liverpool can't have this every season missing your best player for the first 2 months.

What did the mancs do when cantona kicked the palace fan? Didn't they further ban him??

It's said that Fergie gave the rest of the players the hairdryer treatment for the way they played, when it came to Cantona he simply turned and said "You can't do that, Eric" and that was that. They also won f-all that season, which was funny.

Like Liverpool, they are not a club of moral virtue.

Apparently they can sue him for breach of contract ala Chelsea with Mutu.

I'd be getting my bit of flesh that is for certain and certainly wouldn't be pandering to a move he wants. But I fully expect money will talk. Shame they are not owned buy oil sheiks who could happily screw his career over and not worry about the money

I'd be getting my bit of flesh that is for certain and certainly wouldn't be pandering to a move he wants. But I fully expect money will talk. Shame they are not owned buy oil sheiks who could happily screw his career over and not worry about the money

The speculation is FIFA may have put in another part to the ban that he cannot be transferred whilst the ban is in place.

Surely if the Uruguayan FA attempt to appeal this they must be charged with bringing the game into disrepute.

There's been a lot of loose talk on here  about England playing the game too fairly. Shame on all of you who have suggested we adopt continental habits and cheat to progress in the World Cup. I would rather we be 30th in the competition and not resort to the base attitudes of the barbarian than employ such devilish tactics and win the trophy.  All of you subscribing to the adoption of these nefarious foreign traits, GET A GRIP. Look in the mirror. We are all ENGLISHMEN. Act like it. Why, if Horatio Nelson was reading this thread he would spin in his grave.

.....Horatio Nelson did ask for his mistress - Lady Hamilton - to be treated well in the event of his untimely death. Lady Hamilton was ostracized from High Society after Nelson's death - this really would have made Nelson 'spin in his grave'. Anyway, I don't think England were capable of progressing very far in the World Cup even if devilish tactics had been employed - because the manager and most of the players just simply are not at World Class level. When England won the World Cup, England had a World Class manager - Ramsey, a World Class goalie - Banks, and a World Class midfielder - Charlton.

The speculation is FIFA may have put in another part to the ban that he cannot be transferred whilst the ban is in place.

Surely if the Uruguayan FA attempt to appeal this they must be charged with bringing the game into disrepute.

Who knows. Either way I don't think he should be allowed on a football pitch again. Maybe they can wire his jaw up.

I feel a bit sorry for Uruguay. They took him rehabilitated him, got through the groups, and the tart has ****** it all up. I can understand why they have backed him.. But time to let it go and disown him now.

Who knows. Either way I don't think he should be allowed on a football pitch again. Maybe they can wire his jaw up.

I feel a bit sorry for Uruguay. They took him rehabilitated him, got through the groups, and the tart has ****** it all up. I can understand why they have backed him.. But time to let it go and disown him now.

That won't happen, they have no shame I expect them to appeal.

FIFA just confirmed that he can be transferred.

Liverpool are studying the ruling and will make a statement later.

He could see his international ban extended if they fail in an appeal, I'd imagine.

Liverpool will have to shell out 3 mil in wages whilst he's banned.

Breach of contract I doubt they will pay a penny. I am presuming he will get the maximum fine afforded to clubs to hand out as well.

it is a 9 game ban for Liverpool

Liverpool finished second last year in the Premier League with Suarez out for a few games for biting Ivanovich. That 4 month Suarez ban and with Man United now with a decent manager may now mean Liverpool finishing no higher than 5th. Anyway, I thought Suarez was leaving Liverpool for Barcelona?

Archived