IGNORED

Suarez (Merged)

Portland Bill

Just read his 2 major sponsors are considering their position, but his lawyer says that Suarez is the victim here, because of a european agenda, Uruguay has always been a banana republic and the way the Uruguayan press and their football association are acting bares this out, could you imagine the sort of shit that they are spouting, coming out from us as a nation if it had been let's say little Wayne?.

Esmond I meant Liverpool themselves should not be penalised ie they should not have to pay his wages while he is banned or like you say his contract is ripped up.

Then Liverpool will have to sue, but can you honestly believe that they will?, in which case they will only punish themselves and I for one will have no sympathy, to me it's simple if you are banned from driving for speeding on a motorway you are not allowed to drive on ALL roads.

Yes and I totally agree with you. I totally agree with a total ban from all football but I dont see that Liverpool should pay for his actions financially and while he serves out his time on a total ban should not pay his wages.

The problem is Liverpool have always defended his actions, remember all those T Shirts the players were wearing? Supporting him when he has done something wrong gas given him a belief that he can do what ever he likes. Just like when a parent fails to tell their children off. The children think they have got away with it and will do it again and again. Just like Suarez does.

Yes and I totally agree with you. I totally agree with a total ban from all football but I dont see that Liverpool should pay for his actions financially and while he serves out his time on a total ban should not pay his wages.

If he gets banned they won't have to pay them. They could effectively sack him and still keep his registration.

Maybe it will make the dick think that not only he is effecting his opponents but also his team mates and his family.

I bet he get no more then a 2/3 game ban

With FIFA anything is possible but I hope and believe you're wrong. FIFA will have to take some serious action due to the world-wide publicity this had received. With FIFA money talks and bad publicity like this may result in some big sponsors thinking about whether or not they want to be associated with a canibalistic sport.

They will only have to pay if they want to, the choice is their's and I suspect I know which way they will go and if they do decide to pay him **** em.

Might be a case for other teams refusing to play against him if hes not banned? Would you want to play against him knowing he might bite you? Seriously now if hes broken the skin on Chellinis shoulder the bloke would need a tetnaus jab.

What I said earlier, why would a player want to play against a complete animal on the pitch?? Not only biting, punching and racially abusing his fellow professionals.

I'd refuse to play against him

Young kids bite when frustrated, He was clearly frustrated as the itlian defender had been putting in some strong challenges on him for most of the match, thats how he's reacted so see red mist he sees a zinger tower meal......

I think ian wright is right he needs to see a head doctor and I also think Robbie savage is right, he should be banned from international football for life (can't ban him from club football as it happened on the international stange not club stage),

But surely after a point he would want to punch or hit someone? Continually biting is just so weird!! I am not sure but he needs serious help and serious punishment

I don't see why Liverpool should jump the gun on this, he did it on international duty. If Uruguay want to send him home for his behaviour then that's up to him.

It has been suggested in some places that Liverpool should get rid of him, why? He would walk into pretty much any side in the world, football clubs don't care what their players do on or off the pitch when they are as good as him. You may get a half arsed apology, but they wont do anything as morally right as sacking him. Sad but true.

I don't see why Liverpool should jump the gun on this, he did it on international duty. If Uruguay want to send him home for his behaviour then that's up to him.It has been suggested in some places that Liverpool should get rid of him, why? He would walk into pretty much any side in the world, football clubs don't care what their players do on or off the pitch when they are as good as him. You may get a half arsed apology, but they wont do anything as morally right as sacking him. Sad but true.

You dare scrutinise Liverpool? The shameless but self-congratulating 'best fans in the world' of the real Premier League? The NLBR of the Premier League, if you like?

Suprised the former supporters of the former league club, based, currently, in Bristol didn't see fit to twin themselves with them, as well.

You dare scrutinise Liverpool? The shameless but self-congratulating 'best fans in the world' of the real Premier League? The NLBR of the Premier League, if you like?

Suprised the former supporters of the former league club, based, currently, in Bristol didn't see fit to twin themselves with them, as well.

Henning Wehn (tremendous German comedian) said that when you hear Britons always going around saying they have the best sense of humour in the world to anybody who will listen, that the rest of the world thinks of Britain like Britain thinks of Liverpool.

Continually going around saying that you have the best sense of humour / have the best fans doesn't make it true and just gets everybody else's back up.

I don't see why Liverpool should jump the gun on this, he did it on international duty. If Uruguay want to send him home for his behaviour then that's up to him.

It has been suggested in some places that Liverpool should get rid of him, why? He would walk into pretty much any side in the world, football clubs don't care what their players do on or off the pitch when they are as good as him. You may get a half arsed apology, but they wont do anything as morally right as sacking him. Sad but true.

You may be correct but once the FIFA decision is made about any punishment, Liverpool cannot just remain mute about what has happened (like they did under Dalglish) Suarez is in real danger of losing his 2 main sponsors over this and any lack of action by Liverpool might result in the same thing for the club, they really need to be seen as at least publicly warning him as to his future conduct and telling him it's his last chance and that they will sue him over breach of contract if there is another incident.

Ex Liverpool players are lining up to say he is dragging Liverpool's name through the mud, sadly the fans of this under achieving club are so desperate for success that they will pretty much forgive anything and for that they risk being categorised with pretty much the whole Uruguayan banana republic nation's view over this matter.

The whole reaction on here proves what we as Brits think...me included.

This is totally a Cultural thing. We as Brits want to play fair and do things by the rules.

Yet most other Cultures think it is clever to win by cheating, and by unfair means. To gain an advantage over another person by being 'sneeky' or 'Clever' or by any other means come to think of it...is seen as genius, and your actions are actually applauded. Even down to little things in life like queueing....or being clever and queue jumping.

England will never win the World Cup... we don't have the mindset to win at all costs. To cheat, the desire, the passion, the discipline,

the win at all costs attitude.

Frank Lampard alluded to this in a recent interview.

If one of our players did what Suarez did we would be up in arms....yet he is seen as a hero for doing it in Uruguay. South Americans think it's funny. Brazil are reporting it as funny. Even Italians are not really complaining about it...they are blaming Ballotelli instead.

This is totally a Culture thing...the world laughs at our reactions and 'fair play' attitude.

This little article is a good read...it gives a slight perspective. http://www.playthegame.org/uploads/media/Ezequiel_Moores_-_The_hand_of_God.pdf

I've done a lot of travelling in my life time, and the two things that I have noted that are acceptable in most other Countries populations are, breaking the rules or cheating to gain advantage, and Rascism.

We as a Nation are the opposite...and that in my mind is why we will never be successful as a Sporting Nation again.

The whole reaction on here proves what we as Brits think...me included.

This is totally a Cultural thing. We as Brits want to play fair and do things by the rules.

Yet most other Cultures think it is clever to win by cheating, and by unfair means. To gain an advantage over another person by being 'sneeky' or 'Clever' or by any other means come to think of it...is seen as genius, and your actions are actually applauded. Even down to little things in life like queueing....or being clever and queue jumping.

England will never win the World Cup... we don't have the mindset to win at all costs. To cheat, the desire, the passion, the discipline,

the win at all costs attitude.

Frank Lampard alluded to this in a recent interview.

If one of our players did what Suarez did we would be up in arms....yet he is seen as a hero for doing it in Uruguay. South Americans think it's funny. Brazil are reporting it as funny. Even Italians are not really complaining about it...they are blaming Ballotelli instead.

This is totally a Culture thing...the world laughs at our reactions and 'fair play' attitude.

This little article is a good read...it gives a slight perspective. http://www.playthegame.org/uploads/media/Ezequiel_Moores_-_The_hand_of_God.pdf

I've done a lot of travelling in my life time, and the two things that I have noted that are acceptable in most other Countries populations are, breaking the rules or cheating to gain advantage, and Rascism.

We as a Nation are the opposite...and that in my mind is why we will never be successful as a Sporting Nation again.

Um.....

As to the rest - yes.  Endless indoctrination at school about fair play, support the underdog, honesty is the best policy, diversity and equality.

All it does is hamstring us as a nation and let other people take advantage.

Why do we (after the US) always have to send the largest share of troops to risk getting killed in UN peace-keeping missions?  Because "it's the right thing to do".

A bit more self-interest would go a long way.

Archived