IGNORED

Suarez (Merged)

Portland Bill

No one is asking for him to be jailed, just banned for a long time away from the game of football. We don't need other players or even children to believe this is acceptable on the pitch, or indeed anywhere else. In my job I spent a lot of time trying to get children not to bite each other, but they are 2 year olds. Maybe he wants to come and spend some time with me, I'd give him his arm and tell him if he feels the need to bite something, bite that!

What Suarez did (again) is clearly abhorrent. On ITV Ian Wright got slated, Chiles said he was excusing Suarez but what he actually said was that what Suarez did must be the action of someone with mental health issues and I think he's right. Suarez should get a whopping ban but he should also seek psychiatric help he is clearly unhinged.

No one is asking for him to be jailed, just banned for a long time away from the game of football. We don't need other players or even children to believe this is acceptable on the pitch, or indeed anywhere else. In my job I spent a lot of time trying to get children not to bite each other, but they are 2 year olds. Maybe he wants to come and spend some time with me, I'd give him his arm and tell him if he feels the need to bite something, bite that!

Ummm it's a criminal assault, it's GBH, the fact it happened on a football pitch is immaterial, so why can't he be jailed, 3rd offence?, as an adult you try it on a copper and see what happens. I know it's over the top but it is GBH.

What Suarez did (again) is clearly abhorrent. On ITV Ian Wright got slated, Chiles said he was excusing Suarez but what he actually said was that what Suarez did must be the action of someone with mental health issues and I think he's right. Suarez should get a whopping ban but he should also seek psychiatric help he is clearly unhinged.

I think he should seek dental help.

He apparently has been getting help. Clearly it isn't working. For me you cannot have someone that unhinged on a football pitch. He is a danger to other players and could cause a riot in the stands.

Time to leave football and learn how to be a decent human being. Its not like he isn't made for life in monetary terms so his family should be okay.

My favourite so far is one Liverpool fan said "eh. I don't buy it. Fans were gonna boo him anyway cause of his goals against England. Who cares what the media thinks.

These are the same idiots who Defend the incompetent Hodgson cause he's a 'good man' even though he's a mediocre coach".

PS:- I think the eh was a scouse typo, i'm sure it should read eeerrrrrrmmmmmm.

Ummm it's a criminal assault, it's GBH, the fact it happened on a football pitch is immaterial, so why can't he be jailed, 3rd offence?, as an adult you try it on a copper and see what happens. I know it's over the top but it is GBH.

I know that, I was just responding to those saying people were going over the top by asking for a life ban. A jail sentence for assault would be of course a criminal matter. ( would the offence be dealt with under Brazilian laws if this ever did go to court, not sure what their GBH/ABH/assault rules are?). I was commenting on any ban given out by FIFA, who of course cannot give out jail sentences.

The problem is already Liverpool fans like the Uruguayan coach is shifting the blame onto the media.

The problem is that because one or two morons say stupid things, other people feel qualified to talk about 'Liverpool fans' as if they are one entity.

Because I have lived in Merseyside for too long, most of my friends are Liverpool fans.  I come on here to talk about my team but instead read (just about every week) offensive comments about Liverpool fans as if one or two represent the whole.  Really am sick of the stereotyping, you are implying ALL Liverpool fans will try to defend this, I do not know ANY who will (and I know plenty).

Please just stop stereotyping, unless you have personally met every Liverpool fan, you cannot comment like you are.  It is hugely offensive to those of us who have friends and neighbours who are decent, ordinary people.  I wouldn't be able to get away with "All Bristolians are drunken chavs" because, if you go out on a Saturday night, you will undoubtedly see some.  Stereotyping is never right, please moderate your comments

The problem is that because one or two morons say stupid things, other people feel qualified to talk about 'Liverpool fans' as if they are one entity.

Because I have lived in Merseyside for too long, most of my friends are Liverpool fans.  I come on here to talk about my team but instead read (just about every week) offensive comments about Liverpool fans as if one or two represent the whole.  Really am sick of the stereotyping, you are implying ALL Liverpool fans will try to defend this, I do not know ANY who will (and I know plenty).

Please just stop stereotyping, unless you have personally met every Liverpool fan, you cannot comment like you are.  It is hugely offensive to those of us who have friends and neighbours who are decent, ordinary people.  I wouldn't be able to get away with "All Bristolians are drunken chavs" because, if you go out on a Saturday night, you will undoubtedly see some.  Stereotyping is never right, please moderate your comments

You will have show evidence to back that up mate, because I haven't said what your'e suggesting and neither has anybody else, let's just put it down to your old eyes again.

Abhorrent behaviour, and I cannot see him avoiding a ban.

But the thing I simply do not get is; why do it?

He is one of the most talented footballers in the world, and unlike maybe attempting to routinely hand-ball for to gain some benefit or similar, biting his opponents gains Suarez no competitive advantage, and in the modern game (certainly at the level he plays) there is no chance he'll not be seen on TV or similar and likely punished.

I mean, they were already a man up, and looked the more likely; it could have put his side out had he got sent out.

Absolutely bizarre behaviour, and makes you wonder about the guy's mental health, to be quite honest.

calm down!!!!!

So you weren't born in Liverpool then? 

Archived