IGNORED

One In Three City Fans Feeling Detached, Undervalued, Or Slowly Disengaging.

Cowshed

According to the Supporters Trust poll of around 1000 fans. As one of the one in three I would be interested in others views in the one in three camps views as to why they feel the way they do, and how City could if possible alter the way they feel about BCFC.

I see the results of this poll are now out online.

A summary of the results and a full analysis can be viewed by clicking the links below:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0hh4mi5wc83854/Supporter%20Poll%20Summary%20Article%20June%202014.pdf

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h1ul38z8xo6682i/Supporter%20Poll%20Analysis%20and%20Graphs%20June%202014.pdf

According to the Supporters Trust poll of around 1000 fans. As one of the one in three I would be interested in others in the one in three camps views as to why they feel the way they do, and how City could if possible alter their views.

.......I'm but one of the 'one in three' as well. 3/4 seasons of struggle at City has seen me increasingly disengage with my interest in City on the football pitch. I've gone beyond caring if we lose yet another home game. Steve Cotterill has done an excellent job in halting the slide but the damage has been done. If City do well in Div 1 next season or get to a JPT final again I'm sure I'll be supporting the club with renewed vigour. :thumbsup:

I'm in the attached camp and always will be. If we were in another play-off final I reckon another 30,000 would miracuously feel a lot less detached, undervalued or slowly disengaging.

Which is why I enquired about the 30% + group. Results are clearly not all for all [check polls] of those who attend regularly at one of the most under performing clubs in England.

Surprised as this site is connected to the Supporters Club / Trust there hasn't been a report back on here???

I did see the links posted a lot on facebook and twitter which going by the age group that voted the most (mostly older fans) did raise an eyebrow

So one in three are a bit p1ssed off that we have had a few lousy seasons! Personally I am surprised it's not 3 in 3.

We support this football club through thin and thinner that's what makes us what we are. Bristol City supporters! So cheer up new season starts in a month and a bit, giving us all a chance to reengage!!

According to the Supporters Trust poll of around 1000 fans. As one of the one in three I would be interested in others views in the one in three camps views as to why they feel the way they do, and how City could if possible alter the way they feel about BCFC.

because of 5 years of shit on the pitch, it was only the end of feb I started to actually enjoy watching city again, before it wasw knocing the ball 50 time between the defence then hoof, after that we started to play football winning and you could feel the sense of relief at the gate,

So those figures are quite understandable, if we have a decent season that survey will look alot different imo,

because of 5 years of shit on the pitch, it was only the end of feb I started to actually enjoy watching city again, before it wasw knocing the ball 50 time between the defence then hoof, after that we started to play football winning and you could feel the sense of relief at the gate,

So those figures are quite understandable, if we have a decent season that survey will look alot different imo,

You appear angry. Which group are you? My feelings have nothing to do with results. I do not attend solely due to the football, like many others. Check the ST poll.

You appear angry. Which group are you? My feelings have nothing to do with results. I do not attend solely due to the football, like many others. Check the ST poll.

I can't see the poll I'm just going on my feelings, I'll have a look tonight and let you know which one,

I'm the same I don't go just for the football,

Sadly over the coutse of this year to date it seems there has been much more energy, engagement and excitement about the plight of the 1653'ers than anything directly city related...

....that says it all. Watching City is so uninspiring these days that all excited City supporter banter is about the amusing plight of the Gas. Yes, and it is amusing and engaging and interesting.

Sadly over the coutse of this year to date it seems there has been much more energy, engagement and excitement about the plight of the 1653'ers than anything directly city related...

its all the pent up frustration of city being shit for 5 years, its good to let it out and its great its being directed towards the non-league blues

I reckon that if all 92 football clubs did this same survey, then I doubt that very many would arrive at way different results.

To me this survey results reflects the attitude of English football fans in general.

that may well be the truth tbh robbo,

I feel some are feeling detached from seeing the sanitation of the game over the years as from the 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's to a degree there were proper players playing the game for the football and proper names you could call a hero or legend on pretty much peanuts pay. The last City players of the old school culture were Carey and Murray who stayed with the club for a decent length of time..

Now you see the total opposite poor standard players (not just at city) on stupid money swanning around with their head phones on and head in their iphone thinking they are hero or legend and surrounded with stewards guarding them like the president so getting autographs is difficult let alone having a community drink with them like the old days. Some are part of this revolving door culture that they never stay too long at any one club to make a mark to be called a hero or legend.

So with this sanitisation of the game and getting older the pull of the match day from a starry eyed kid of watching Gow and co and the fight back from saving the club in 1982. Cooper, Jordan and bits of the 90's and Wilson and parts GJ era, where you just could not wait to get in to the stadium (atmosphere much, much different then 70's 80's) to now a pint and a chat with your mates has become a bigger magnet with the before and after match company which has started to live more in the memory these days than a few of the 90 minutes i have seen at the gate,, i take no pleasure in saying that.

The club or even football has become more of a business (yes i know they need to make money) but it feels more of contracted franchise than being part of a community club and i noticed the difference when going to Crawley away where the felt a close community club feel i have not felt with city for years.

What do people want from the club,when I was younger the only information I got was from the EP and Green Un,the toilets were ankle deep in p###,god only knows what was in the pies,and the Bovril would give you third degree burns.It might of been s### at times but it was our s###,this is the club I have supported since I was knee high to the proverbial grass hopper,and as someone else said,through thin and thinner.

'One In Three City Fans Feeling Detached, Undervalued, Or Slowly Disengaging'

Yep. Then O'Driscoll was sacked. Feel totally different now, went to AG to give blood yesterday (!) and just walking around the ground on a sunny Tuesday afternoon in late June I realised I coudn't wait for next season to start...

What do people want from the club,when I was younger the only information I got was from the EP and Green Un,the toilets were ankle deep in p###,god only knows what was in the pies,and the Bovril would give you third degree burns.It might of been s### at times but it was our s###,this is the club I have supported since I was knee high to the proverbial grass hopper,and as someone else said,through thin and thinner.

Hear Hear old chap....... "ask not what the club can do for you but what you can do for your club"...... 

Sad show of how many think today i'm afraid....  also ...who did they ask? ..... corks on OTIB I expect?

Nobody is entitled to perfection or success...

Support is like the love of your offspring...unconditional.....

I am thankful I was born in a City that has a club with some tradition and past glory...all be them a long time ago... I bin lucky to see some of it  but I  feel even more lucky to be able to look forward to more..... 

Grow some & actually support instead of moaning.....

The "one in three" sounds bad but I'm interested in what the ratio would be with other clubs. There have been a lot of complaints about the way City has been run, and I've made a few, but a lot of clubs are far worse.

It's difficult to do accurate surveys with some clubs due to the percentage of the prawn sandwich brigade who attend. They have no real interest in the club they watch. At least with City, a survey should give an accurate result as there aren't many prawn sandwiches available. Just a few stodgy pies and pasties.

I reckon that if all 92 football clubs did this same survey, then I doubt that very many would arrive at way different results.

To me this survey results reflects the attitude of English football fans in general.

Nor if a similar survey had been carried out in the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s.

Occasionally it all comes together, as it did for us in the early/mid 80s, but those times are few and far between.

I wasn't actually that impressed with the survey as some of the questions were not mutually exclusive and there was no real attempt to get at the underlying reason for the answers. The terminology wasn't great either.

Unless this survey was conducted scientifically (random sampling with each participant equally likely of being selected, etc., etc.) then it will not likely reflect the views of the fan base.

Until there is some evidence of how the poll was conducted then I'll take the results with a very large pinch of salt.

My Sister is an Aston Villa fan and i've often bought her tickets for matches as birthday and Xmas pressies etc.

Their customer service is amazing. A game was postponed a few years ago and they couldn't have been more helpful. She couldn't make the rearranged date so they made sure she had a VIP ticket for a game vs Chelsea to make up for her disappointment.

And every time she goes they phone her up a few weeks later to ask if everything was ok and to make sure she was happy with her match day experience.

Truly great service.

Makes you realise what we are missing.

Some interesting stats their...

The football club can rely on unconditional support from 68% of fans; however,
26% are feeling detached and undervalued, with 6% gradually disengaging.
?
A broadly similar pattern is seen in attendance with 60% offering unwavering
support, 34% attending less and 6% not attending games any more.
?
We asked you to rank in importance the reasons why you come to games.
Only 3
out of 5 fans state the football game as the primary reason for going to matches,
with 2 out of 5 coming mainly due to habit or to catch up with friends and family.

Blimey 40% don't come anymore because of the football...more to do with habit and meeting friends....
That's got to be one of the biggest bonus's for the Club...how many other businesses can rely on 40% of it's clientele
not letting the product on offer stop them buying?

Although 40% say they go to less games or don't go at all anymore. That's a worry.

Approx 89% of supporters over the age of 30... :blink:

Archived