IGNORED

One In Three City Fans Feeling Detached, Undervalued, Or Slowly Disengaging.

Cowshed

I can honestly say the coffee is without doubt the worst I have tasted anywhere. Also there is never any bog roll in the Dolman toilets! and can we sort out the bloody hand dryer!!  :grr:

Well, cat's pee is an acquired taste...

I must have overlooked the question about food and drink in the survey.

And you have over looked the point made by others.

I have no view on the food and drink. Another thinks its not bad but over priced. Meanwhile you have got yourself vexed enough to repeatedly complain about the overpriced and poor quality food and drink on sale.

Don't tell others whats in their heads, different people think differently, we are not all the same, we are not all the same as every club.

Best of luck ridding the stadium of these fiendish pies.

Meanwhile you have got yourself vexed enough to repeatedly complain about the overpriced and poor quality food and drink on sale.

Not "vexed", more irritated by the overpriced goods on sale that has been that way ever since Lindleys took up the franchise. Nothing has changed.

So disgusted am I with it that I can't remember the last time I bought anything inside AG. That helps me sleep at night.

And you have over looked the point made by others.

I have no view on the food and drink. Another thinks its not bad but over priced. Meanwhile you have got yourself vexed enough to repeatedly complain about the overpriced and poor quality food and drink on sale.

Don't tell others whats in their heads, different people think differently, we are not all the same, we are not all the same as every club.

Best of luck ridding the stadium of these fiendish pies.

Oh come on!  There are regular complaints on this forum about the quality, cost and service from the stadium kiosks.

I can't comment on the current quality because I haven't bought anything for a few seasons as the last couple of times I did, the quality and cost were appalling. I will not be buying anything until the caterers change and the prices reflect better value for money.

Oh come on! There are regular complaints on this forum about the quality, cost and service from the stadium kiosks.

I can't comment on the current quality because I haven't bought anything for a few seasons as the last couple of times I did, the quality and cost were appalling. I will not be buying anything until the caterers change and the prices reflect better value for money.

Lordy .. Oh come on some more once again.

You have a tickle at the Supporters Trust poll as its unrepresentative according to thy self but are now using OTIB as a benchmark of all as its chock full of food critics.

I quoted another post where a chap says its ok.

I do not go to football foraging for food or expecting a culinary experience and being 100% hard I don't have to eat for ninety minutes.

Would you allow the Supporters Trust to do a poll on catering or would you not trust em again as the types who reply are just too old?

This is something I've thought long and hard about, having stopped buying a Season Ticket around 6 years ago and still feeling further from being a part of the club than I ever have.

I find it very difficult to put into words my feelings about this but I think the fact that the question has to be asked in the first place is the problem.

The very fact that the question is being asked puts me in the place of a customer to be satisfied, rather than someone who is accepted as part of the club.

The club IS the fans, not the people that own and administrate it.

Once you become a customer, rather than a living and breathing part of the club as a whole, you may as well develop an affinity for McDonalds and go out celebrating when their results are better than Burger King's, or something like that.

I still consider myself a fan of Bristol City, and still get along to AG from time to time. I just don't feel a part of the whole thing like I used to.

Stop asking what we want, just give it to us. You're fans as well, you should know what we want!

And please don't think for a second that this is a criticism of Dave L's role within the club. He does a superb job and I have no problem with there being a 'Fans Liaison Officer'. I just find it frustrating that the people running the club don't already think and act the same as the rest of the fanbase. I think it was Aizoon who said somewhere that he sometimes think the club would be happier if we set up a direct debit and didn't go near the place again. I think he may be right.

I know that this is the way modern football in general is going, but wouldn't it be nice if ours could be the club that flipped the finger to modern football and went back to doing things properly?

Lots of German clubs have fans on their boards and have this "the clubs is the fans" philosophy ingrained into them. That includes massive clubs like Bayern and Dortmund.

People running City are not all fans, so it is hardly suprising that the Football club can forget what is important to fans. The ST poll asked about reprsentation at board level. Good?

The club should state now what the cost of drinks and food will be this coming season.

Direct comparisons can then be made with local pubs and shops to see where the best value lies.

I cannot for the life of me see why a pint of beer in the Dolman should be more expensive than in a local pub, other than that the seller is making above average profits on the sale.

The club should state now what the cost of drinks and food will be this coming season.

Direct comparisons can then be made with local pubs and shops to see where the best value lies.

I cannot for the life of me see why a pint of beer in the Dolman should be more expensive than in a local pub, other than that the seller is making above average profits on the sale.

don't the bbc do that once a season and compares it with every other league ground in the country where we seem to be middle of the table in terms of pricing?

Imho, there are so many different issues that get in the way of making a Club in this Country feel like it wants you.

Much of it is out of the control of the Clubs.

Many Clubs abroad don't have the restrictions put on them like ours do, and more often than not, the local authorities work with the Clubs for the benefit of the community rather than against them.

Health and safety issues, Business practice and restrictions, street parking, public transport, ticketing, pricing, individual tolerance, ultra tolerance, street trading, to name a few, are all aimed more towards making the fan feel welcome and wanted abroad, yet here, everything seems bloody hard work and against you.

No need to make comparisons. We all know that the booze sold in AG is pricier than the local pubs. It's a blatant rip-off which is why I don't buy anything inside AG.

Lordy .. Oh come on some more once again.

You have a tickle at the Supporters Trust poll as its unrepresentative according to thy self but are now using OTIB as a benchmark of all as its chock full of food critics.

I quoted another post where a chap says its ok.

I do not go to football foraging for food or expecting a culinary experience and being 100% hard I don't have to eat for ninety minutes.

Would you allow the Supporters Trust to do a poll on catering or would you not trust em again as the types who reply are just too old?

Oh dear...........

Oh dear...........

Nope ... Got me there.

"Oh dear" is not an answer to would you allow the Supporters Trust to do a poll on catering or would you not trust em again as the types who reply are just too old?

Personally I think these Supporters Trust bods can provide the club with a valuable resource with their polls whether or not they get answered overwhelmingly by yoot or the coffin dodgers.

Imho, there are so many different issues that get in the way of making a Club in this Country feel like it wants you.

Much of it is out of the control of the Clubs.

Many Clubs abroad don't have the restrictions put on them like ours do, and more often than not, the local authorities work with the Clubs for the benefit of the community rather than against them.

Health and safety issues, Business practice and restrictions, street parking, public transport, ticketing, pricing, individual tolerance, ultra tolerance, street trading, to name a few, are all aimed more towards making the fan feel welcome and wanted abroad, yet here, everything seems bloody hard work and against you.

Many Clubs in England don't have the restrictions that Bristol City have.

Take fan displays. What is acceptable at Crystal Palace or Middlesbrough or Liverpool or even an Aldershot and Barrow is not acceptable at Bristol City.

The above is due to whoever is in control of safety at BCFC. The rules for flags in the Eastend eased, increased, eased and increased again with each new man in charge of safety, not because of any new natiional health and safety standard.

If the Supporters Club and Trust ran a poll which showed 99% of fans want to create huge flag displays to herald the opening of new stands at Ashton Gate, BCFC and its rules now will not allow it unless those rules are addressed.

Here on various topics Supporters Club and Trust polls may be of benefit in the future. They are no biblical set of principles but they could easily highlight where BCFC can do better.

Not necessarily.  The contract is most likely to be to provide catering to the whole ground and will expire on a certain date. This will not be linked to when new stands are built.

There will be no whole ground. The whitewashed breeze block rectangle containing a microwave and tea urn in he corner of the Eastend will be no more.

A half wit would not link a forty million pound development into current contracts.

There will be no whole ground. The whitewashed breeze block rectangle containing a microwave and tea urn in he corner of the Eastend will be no more.

A half wit would not link a forty million pound development into current contracts.

I don't really understand your post.  What do you mean "there will be no whole ground"?  If you are saying that each stand will have a separate catering contract, then that is a possibility, unlikely I would have thought, but not impossible.

A half wit wouldn't have given the contract to Lindley's in the first place!  But the current contract will have been placed not knowing that the ground will be redeveloped and therefore totally divorced from any date that the new stands will be ready and which are in any case not all ready at the same time.

I don't really understand your post.  What do you mean "there will be no whole ground"?  If you are saying that each stand will have a separate catering contract, then that is a possibility, unlikely I would have thought, but not impossible.

A half wit wouldn't have given the contract to Lindley's in the first place!  But the current contract will have been placed not knowing that the ground will be redeveloped and therefore totally divorced from any date that the new stands will be ready and which are in any case not all ready at the same time.

No, but an accountant would! Look at Lindley's web site and it's all about maximising the return to their clients, and to hell with the customers.

Archived