IGNORED

Bristol sport / shirts / Brand theft (Merged)

RedZepperin

Out of interest, why would these people not have been employed by Bristol City and done the same job?

Perhaps they wouldn't have wanted to change jobs from a Premier League club to League 1 but find the multi-sport setup more interesting and challenging?

Or the Bristol Sport grouping means the salary offered can be "Premier League" level whilst Bristol City wouldn't be able to justify "Premier League" salaries. 

1. Bristol Sport designed the shirts, they were outsourced. No difference from Adidas apart from BS is more jack of all trades. You don't think Mr Adidas is in his office sewing kits do you?

2. It's cheaper to put a few logo's up than to make a completely new shop for Bristol Rugby. It's only a name at the end of the day.

3. You're missing the point, buying/renting a bus will save us money because we have a bulk deal because Rugby, City and Flyers will use that bus.

1. Holy cow! You mean Marks & Spencer haven't been making my underpants all these years? It's pushing it a tad too much to suggest that BS are at the same level when it comes to sportswear production as Adidas. It must be like the bloody Tardis in there. How do they do so many things?

2. No need for a completely new shop for Bristol Rugby. BS can now now say that they sell, as well as produce (hee hee) football shirts. BS.

3. Didn't miss the point. It's been argued too many times on here. Sharing costs is OK. Launching a new brand (which is what they are doing) is very expensive and, in this case, is a waste of money and is to the detriment of the BC brand.

Out of interest, why would these people not have been employed by Bristol City and done the same job?

Some have left Bristol City to join Bristol Sport.

It saves costs as now they can negotiate commercial deals for a number of sports clubs. Sponsoring the rugby and the FC for example is far more attractive to potential sponsors than just one or the other.

I don't know how you can suggest things like this based on nothing and then act as though your opinion is in any way objective. You and RZ are both pulling these theories out of thin air and it'd be laughable if it wasn't so pathetic.

It's a view/opinion....

And I can't quite understand why you feel that just because another posters view differs from yours it's a theory.

It's laughable and pathetic....

I find that strange, but maybe not surprising...

My opinion/view is that the switch to BS kit supply has always been part of the plan....

As why would Bristol Rugby ditch Zar-x after one season.... And this was a local manufacture....

Repeat - it's a view/opinion..........

Prove it. Give us examples.

As Drew points out above, the stadium gets used far more often for starters so stadium sponsorship will increase.

It's also linked to the Roverzzz as previously companies would not want to sponsor one of "us or them" in fear of alienating 7/8's of Bristol, or the other 1/8! Now BS links City and the rugby companies are more likely, I would contend, to sponsor us and the rugby as they know they'd be alienating even less of the local population.

No, eight pages of people relaying the facts to 3/4 people who refuse to accept the status of BSL/BCFC.....maybe because they dont understand or plain just dont like it

If you cared to read the hundreds of planning documents that have been generated for the redvelopment over the past 18 months, you would have seen that BS are the client and therefore have had a major input in all elements of the design and development

Rude again. I attended the open day regarding ground redevelopment.BS did not feature on associated detail on boards, and were NOT mentioned in discussion with the stadium architect.

If you care to read my posts properly you will see I posed a question. A general question. You only have a perspective, I will stand by the majority of City fans having a vague view of what BS are, and what they do.

A member of the fans parliament clearly did not understand BS,s role. Not everybody knows everything!

• Admin

1. Holy cow! You mean Marks & Spencer haven't been making my underpants all these years? It's pushing it a tad too much to suggest that BS are at the same level when it comes to sportswear production as Adidas. It must be like the bloody Tardis in there. How do they do so many things?

2. No need for a completely new shop for Bristol Rugby. BS can now now say that they sell, as well as produce (hee hee) football shirts. BS.

3. Didn't miss the point. It's been argued too many times on here. Sharing costs is OK. Launching a new brand (which is what they are doing) is very expensive and, in this case, is a waste of money and is to the detriment of the BC brand.

1. But so far they have been able to deliver (literally) where Adidas failed last season.

2. They've changed some signs and website names to Bristol Sport. You do realise they would have done the same had they taken on your suggestion of the Ashton Gate megastore.

3. It's not our money though, it's Bristol Sport's. Not sure how it is to the detriment of the BC brand to have a coach that now contains a logo where before there was none.

Prove it isn't.

No. Doesn't work like that, I'm afraid. Someone makes what appears to be a statement of fact, qualifying it even by saying it's "far more attractive". They need to substantiate it.

The current sponsorship deal (which maybe we can go into in more detail at some stage, involves Bristol City and the Bristol Flyers. How does that work? Also, why are Real Madrid and Barcelona's respective football and basketball teams sponsored by different companies?

1. But so far they have been able to deliver (literally) where Adidas failed last season.

2. They've changed some signs and website names to Bristol Sport. You do realise they would have done the same had they taken on your suggestion of the Ashton Gate megastore.

3. It's not our money though, it's Bristol Sport's. Not sure how it is to the detriment of the BC brand to have a coach that now contains a logo where before there was none.

Or, we were unable to negotiate particularly well with Adidas so we had to go to Joe Bloggs Textiles instead, who didn't have the money or prestige to include their logo on our shirts. But, yes, hoorah for Bristol Sport. They've set up a megastore and built a bus too. About to build a stadium as well. Our brand is being smothered by this pseudo-brand. Surely you can see that's not a good thing. I also wish that this extra cash was invested in boosting that other brand. What are they called? Oh yes. Bristol City.

Or, we were unable to negotiate particularly well with Adidas so we had to go to Joe Bloggs Textiles instead, who didn't have the money or prestige to include their logo on our shirts. But, yes, hoorah for Bristol Sport. They've set up a megastore and built a bus too. About to build a stadium as well. Our brand is being smothered by this pseudo-brand. Surely you can see that's not a good thing. I also wish that this extra cash was invested in boosting that other brand. What are they called? Oh yes. Bristol City.

I've not seen Joe Bloggs clothing in years.

*puts on the Happy Mondays and does the Bez dance*

• Admin

Do we need to negotiate that our kit suppliers actually have to deliver some kit for us to sell? That's where we went wrong then, Adidas must have thought it strange that we overlooked such a simple concept.

Have you seen our summer transfer business? The best way to boost any football club's brand is by getting success on the pitch & it looks like we're attempting to do that. In fact club forums up & down the country are talking about us and our ambition. 

Or, we were unable to negotiate particularly well with Adidas so we had to go to Joe Bloggs Textiles instead, who didn't have the money or prestige to include their logo on our shirts.

No. Doesn't work like that, I'm afraid. Someone makes what appears to be a statement of fact [...] They need to substantiate it.

Oh the horrible, horrible irony.

Do we need to negotiate that our kit suppliers actually have to deliver some kit for us to sell? That's where we went wrong then, Adidas must have thought it strange that we overlooked such a simple concept.

Have you seen our summer transfer business? The best way to boost any football club's brand is by getting success on the pitch & it looks like we're attempting to do that. In fact club forums up & down the country are talking about us and our ambition. 

Bad supplier management, pure and simple.

Yep. you've pointed out the best way to boost our brand. Wouldn't question any of that. Not sure what it has to do with the subject under discussion however.

• Admin

1. Bad supplier management, pure and simple.

2. Yep. you've pointed out the best way to boost our brand. Wouldn't question any of that. Not sure what it has to do with the subject under discussion however.

1. If a company doesn't deliver, why is it the customer's fault?

2. That the two are not mutually exclusive and we are able to do both. You have argued that we have diluted the BC brand but at the same time people who don't support BC are talking about BC which is almost by definition, evidence that we have strengthened our brand. Turn that into winning football matches and both people and companies will want to associate themselves with us.

1. If a company doesn't deliver, why is it the customer's fault?

2. That the two are not mutually exclusive and we are able to do both. You have argued that we have diluted the BC brand but at the same time people who don't support BC are talking about BC which is almost by definition, evidence that we have strengthened our brand. Turn that into winning football matches and both people and companies will want to associate themselves with us.

Oh come on. This laying the blame at Adidas thing is a bit too much. Someone should have sorted them out.

OK, you've run out of ideas on how to justify the (unjustifiable) branding fiasco, so you're deflecting attention to things we are doing well. Fair enough. The weather's been pretty good recently too.

Oh come on. This laying the blame at Adidas thing is a bit too much. Someone should have sorted them out.

OK, you've run out of ideas on how to justify the (unjustifiable) branding fiasco, so you're deflecting attention to things we are doing well. Fair enough. The weather's been pretty good recently too.

What branding fiasco? As Ian M says we seem to be getting plenty of positive PR at the moment, I don't suppose it had even crossed your mind that maybe bristol Sport dealing with the clubs commercial activities could actually be a positive that leads to less PR disasters that we've had to suffer in recent years...

Fair play Barrs Court Red, you were right.

What branding fiasco? As Ian M says we seem to be getting plenty of positive PR at the moment, I don't suppose it had even crossed your mind that maybe bristol Sport dealing with the clubs commercial activities could actually be a positive that leads to less PR disasters that we've had to suffer in recent years...

Follow the advice in RedM's signature..............

And again, show me where I have been rude or indeed referred to you.

You have quoted my posts. If you are going to police a forum whenever the ground redevelopment / BS is mentioned you could take more time to consider the opinion of others.

People who were part of the Fans parliament are consistently sharing a different view to yours. Fans have cared enough to attempt to become better informed.

You have quoted my posts. If you are going to police a forum whenever the ground redevelopment / BS is mentioned you could take more time to consider the opinion of others.

People who were part of the Fans parliament are consistently sharing a different view to yours. Fans have cared enough to attempt to become better informed.

So by quoting your posts I'm being rude?? I'll ask again, show me where I have been rude?

And it's a little hypocritical to suggest that because I have my own opinion, shared by many, on the ground redevelopment / BS which is different to yours, i'm 'policing' the forum

I am 'policing' the forum no more than you are peddling an agenda.

If you care to read a lot of my posts especially on the redevelopment you will see I am answering peoples questions about the redevelopment, not because I am ITK or employed by the club as some have suggested but because I have taken time and cared to read planning documents and listen to what is being advised to make myself better informed

Archived