IGNORED

Bristol sport / shirts / Brand theft (Merged)

RedZepperin

There is no such thing as "Bristol Sports". Or "Lidls", or "Tescos" for that matter.

Get a life!

After your inane, rambling agenda about Bristol Sport it's starting to just look very much as though you like seeing your own posts displayed on here, without caring very much about their content.

The BS logo is on our shirt because they are the manufacturer. The BS logo is on the coach as it will be a shared coach and includes all the clubs badges. The BS logo is in the shop as it will sell products for BCFC, BRC and others, it also has all the clubs badges on the sign

Nobody needs to provide an argument in favour of it......SL has made the decision to go down this route

Sorry to break the news to you (again) RedRaw, but BS is not a sportswear company. It did not manufacture the shirts. Its logo has no place on the shirt or anywhere else. Neither is it a retailer. It does not need to brand.

Nobody needs to provide an argument in favour of it? So, you just let anybody come along and dump a massive logo on your shirt?

Get a life!

After your inane, rambling agenda about Bristol Sport it's starting to just look very much as though you like seeing your own posts displayed on here, without caring very much about their content.

A not very original or effective attempt to trash me, Bar BS3.

How about attacking the post and not the poster?

Evidently this in itself is far too complicated to understand.

It's more complicated to understand how anyone on this forum can fall for the idea that BS is a sportswear manufacturer. That's the message it tries to give to people outside BCFC (heaven only knows why) by putting its logo on a shirt. But we all know that it's a very small department at Bristol City that has been incorporated as a company and has decided to "brand" itself, to masquerade as a sportswear firm one minute, as the parent company of Bristol City the next. Then as a retailer.

BS? Not 'arf!

It's creating a brand. A brand that will carry more marketing weight than the individual clubs alone are likely to be able to do.

Come back and tell us how SL doesn't know what he is doing when you have even 0.1% of his wealth. At that point in time, your agenda may carry some weight.

Until then I'll rest easy that we are under his control and not that of someone who gets worked up over something that really doesn't matter and has no negative influence on the club in any way.

Sorry to break the news to you (again) RedRaw, but BS is not a sportswear company. It did not manufacture the shirts. Its logo has no place on the shirt or anywhere else. Neither is it a retailer. It does not need to brand.

Nobody needs to provide an argument in favour of it? So, you just let anybody come along and dump a massive logo on your shirt?

And again, you throw in comments to suit your petty agenda. Where have I or anyone suggested that BS is a sportswear company?

The management has decided not to have the shirts produced through a conventional supplier but have the shirts produced themselves and market it under the brand of BS. This allows us to have a bespoke shirt with fan input, allow us to manage and control supply and set our own price / discounts at the same time rolling all profits back through the club. Bristol rugby are doing the same and are going back to the hoops design that so many of their fans prefer.

The general consensus is that the majority of fans like the new shirts as, more than likely, the rugby fans will like there's.

I'm pretty certain BS have no intention of becoming a 'sportswear' provider outside of the clubs under its umbrella and have every right to have the logo on the shirt.

Was there this sort of fuss when we had nibor on the shirt?

Was there this sort of fuss when we had nibor on the shirt?

There is no comparison. Nibor did not control aspects of the FC. BS are not only controlling aspects of the FC. BS influence on the FC could be massive e.g. BS taking over ground design.

It's creating a brand. A brand that will carry more marketing weight than the individual clubs alone are likely to be able to do.

Come back and tell us how SL doesn't know what he is doing when you have even 0.1% of his wealth. At that point in time, your agenda may carry some weight.

Until then I'll rest easy that we are under his control and not that of someone who gets worked up over something that really doesn't matter and has no negative influence on the club in any way.

How much do you think it would cost for BS to gain as much awareness about what it actually does and for people to recognise its name (and spell it properly) as Bristol City or Bristol Rugby. Bearing in mind that you are one of its most fanatical advocates and that you struggle to express what it actually does or to spell its name properly.

Give me a "ballpark" figure.

Then tell me how much that brand would be worth. A rough figure would do.

Got to work for the rest of the day. Take your time.

Bristol Sport subcontracts other companies to make the kits. The same as Adidas does. Presumably not on 65 hour weeks for the 34 cents an hour Adidas have previously paid (what a great company to be involved with). Are you completely stupid or do you do this for a laugh?

@Bar BS3 - Don't even bother doing it. I asked this joker to back up his claims earlier on this page and he's evidently got no intention of doing so.

My "agenda" as you put it is that I cannot understand what the **** that stupid BS logo is doing on our shirts, our shop and our bus. Six pages in and no-one has come up with a decent argument in favour of it.

It's on our shirts because Bristol Sport designed and are producing the shirts. 

It's on the shop because they shop will sell Bristol Rugby shirts, Bristol Flyers shirts etc too, and all will be produced by Bristol Sport.

It's on the bus because the bus is used by everyone in Bristol Sport therefore reducing the cost.

It's on the shop because they shop will sell Bristol Rugby shirts, Bristol Flyers shirts etc too, and all will be produced by Bristol Sport.

It's on the bus because the bus is used by everyone in Bristol Sport therefore reducing the cost.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28522535

Thank god we went with Bristol Sport instead of Sports Direct (a well known brand),

Oldham won't recieve their kits until August 7th (2 days before the season starts)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28522535

Thank god we went with Bristol Sport instead of Sports Direct (a well known brand),

Oldham won't recieve their kits until August 7th (2 days before the season starts)

Sports Direct delayed (Oldham). Sondico delayed (Yeovil). Adidas never turned up (Us). We're really missing out working with these great brands who are so proud to support the Football League  :shutup:

Barring a unanimous boycott I would wager we'll sell more trainingwear than we did last season if nothing else. Having the amnesty on old shirts (which we wouldn't with a big brand) to reduce the cost from last season, the general good feeling towards it and marketing tailored specifically to BCFC I'd be shocked if it didn't sell better, too, in doing so making more revenue for the club through reduced third-party costs.

But yeah Bristol Sport is terrible.

My feeling on your agenda is that you present this randomly formed opinion as fact. Have you spoken to anyone outside of the club about whether Bristol City are more or less respected without Adidas, and if so what sized sample did you use? Or did you just make it up?

I am not sure what part of 'opinion' you understand..

This is a forum, full with opinions & views..

All my posts, are MY opinion - as are yours..

So NO agenda, just my view..

But I realise that for some, having an opinion that varies from theirs - it's an Agenda.

Shame, as this is what forums are about..

But I realise that for some, having an opinion that varies from theirs - it's an Agenda.

whats your agenda against robin? :)

Have you not noticed that we have had ADIDAS producing out kits for the last few years and what good has that done us..?

None whatsoever and to boot, there have been farcical supply failures and not great kit designs.

Bristol Sports have already done us prouder than ADIDAS ever did.

As I've said, all about options...

Are you sure you haven't got an agenda though...?

But you've said the Bristol Sport inclusion cheapens the professionalism of the club (something evidently not shared), shortly before saying the new kit has brought good feeling to the club, even thanking Bristol Sport. If you've got no agenda with the business, why do you change your opinion on it when challenged to directly contradict yourself?

How much do you think it would cost for BS to gain as much awareness about what it actually does and for people to recognise its name (and spell it properly) as Bristol City or Bristol Rugby. Bearing in mind that you are one of its most fanatical advocates and that you struggle to express what it actually does or to spell its name properly.

Give me a "ballpark" figure.

I have replied via PM to you.

But you've said the Bristol Sport inclusion cheapens the professionalism of the club (something evidently not shared), shortly before saying the new kit has brought good feeling to the club, even thanking Bristol Sport. If you've got no agenda with the business, why do you change your opinion on it when challenged to directly contradict yourself?

So an opinion.. Whether it is varied or not is NOT an agenda.....

Personally I do think it looks cheap, and not as professional as some major brands...... Opinion...

As for thanking BS... I can't recall, other to say that if a % of fans like it then that's their opinion...

So let's recall... MY OPINION....

1. Bristol Sport did not produce the shirts. The logo of the producer of the shirts is not present on the shirts and, as a result, we have not received the related consideration that would come with such a deal.

2. We could have called it the Ashton Gate Megastore. BS were not needed for us to have a shop - we already had one and can sell what we want in it. Money wasted on rebranding both the physical and online stores.

3. Placing a huge logo on a bus is a cost not a saving.

I would go into more detail but all the points you've made have been rebutted in detail earlier up in the thread. But thanks for replying.

1. Bristol Sport did not produce the shirts. The logo of the producer of the shirts is not present on the shirts and, as a result, we have not received the related consideration that would come with such a deal.

Adidas sub-contract. Bristol Sport sub-contract. How exactly do you not understand?

As a further point, Bristol Sport designed our kit from scratch. Adidas let us pick it out of a catalogue.

Archived