IGNORED

Bristol sport / shirts / Brand theft (Merged)

RedZepperin

Adidas sub-contract. Bristol Sport sub-contract. How exactly do you not understand?

As a further point, Bristol Sport designed our kit from scratch. Adidas let us pick it out of a catalogue.

Adidas = external, prestigious sportswear company who provide consideration for the benefit of BCFC (and a supplier we were too inept to manage properly last season).

BS = internal dept masquerading as .... fill in the blanks.

Adidas = external, prestigious sportswear company who provide consideration for the benefit of BCFC (and a supplier we were too inept to manage properly last season).

You're either on a wind-up or Lansdown ran over your dog, either way you're chatting shit. This doesn't even need countering.

Adidas ****** us over man! They were running the contract down and embarassed us as a club with their poor supply of products in their last season.

how is it our fault a supplier didn't give us the shirts on time, I've read some complete bollocks in my time, but this beats all of it,

While I no doubt that City did have a supply issue, how much was this exaggerated to influence the focus on BS identity building..

I don't know how you can suggest things like this based on nothing and then act as though your opinion is in any way objective. You and RZ are both pulling these theories out of thin air and it'd be laughable if it wasn't so pathetic.

If Bristol Sport/(s) can provide me with my long overdue Food Vouchers, to spend in the Dino Zamparelli Car Park or the Ladyball Dolman Hall, then I, for one, will vote for them in the upcoming referendum. Hasta la Victoria Siempre.

My personal account manager was seconded to Kwik Fit in the close-season to give Dino a competitive advantage during pit stops.

I've got a terrible feeling that it's actually Bristol's Port we've been "taken over" by and we'll be moving to Avonmouth or Portbury or somewhere soon. The millions of pounds spent on redeveloping AG is all a smokescreen I fear.

If Lansdown buys a Water Polo team as well as Ben Ainslie or that nice Tony Bullimore it's curtains for the current land-based status quo. Although we might get Fish Vouchers to sustain us on the cruise to Holland to play in the friendly that EVERYONE wants against Willian III

1. Bristol Sport did not produce the shirts. The logo of the producer of the shirts is not present on the shirts and, as a result, we have not received the related consideration that would come with such a deal.

2. We could have called it the Ashton Gate Megastore. BS were not needed for us to have a shop - we already had one and can sell what we want in it. Money wasted on rebranding both the physical and online stores.

3. Placing a huge logo on a bus is a cost not a saving.

I would go into more detail but all the points you've made have been rebutted in detail earlier up in the thread. But thanks for replying.

1. Bristol Sport designed the shirts, they were outsourced. No difference from Adidas apart from BS is more jack of all trades. You don't think Mr Adidas is in his office sewing kits do you?

2. It's cheaper to put a few logo's up than to make a completely new shop for Bristol Rugby. It's only a name at the end of the day.

3. You're missing the point, buying/renting a bus will save us money because we have a bulk deal because Rugby, City and Flyers will use that bus.

What "consideration" did they provide?

The "We've provided a small selection of pre-chosen kit choices for your consideration" kind.

Who actually seem angry as well.

Embarrassing and strangely riveting.

Have you ever read this forum? As I said previously, could be a wum but knowing the demographic easily not, and for every wind-up there's someone with the same genuine opinion.

Eight pages has emphasised how little fans know about their own club. A few weeks ago nobody pointed out BS would be able to design parts of BCFC's (?) stadium!

No, eight pages of people relaying the facts to 3/4 people who refuse to accept the status of BSL/BCFC.....maybe because they dont understand or plain just dont like it

If you cared to read the hundreds of planning documents that have been generated for the redvelopment over the past 18 months, you would have seen that BS are the client and therefore have had a major input in all elements of the design and development

• Admin

If you cared to read the hundreds of planning documents that have been generated for the redvelopment over the past 18 months, you would have seen that BS are the client and therefore have had a major input in all elements of the design and development

This is why I don't get what BSL are all about - I can't see how a company can be so heavily involved in ground redevelopment, be a kit manufacturer and at the same time backing (in some way) all the other sports

This is why I don't get what BSL are all about - I can't see how a company can be so heavily involved in ground redevelopment, be a kit manufacturer and at the same time backing (in some way) all the other sports

Because BS oversees the commercial interests of the club...to allow the club to concentrate on purely footballing matters.

As has already been mentioned obviously they don't have an in-house kit manufacturing company nor do they have an in-house contruction company, these elements are dealt with by other companies and BS oversees all of this. It's not an unusual model at all, it's how many, many companies/consultancies etc work.

• Admin

Because BS oversees the commercial interests of the club...to allow the club to concentrate on purely footballing matters.

As has already been mentioned obviously they don't have an in-house kit manufacturing company nor do they have an in-house contruction company, these elements are dealt with by other companies and BS oversees all of this. It's not an unusual model at all, it's how many, many companies/consultancies etc work.

Out of interest, why would these people not have been employed by Bristol City and done the same job?

Out of interest, why would these people not have been employed by Bristol City and done the same job?

Because we are now part of the Steve Lansdown stable of sporting clubs that he finances and he wants back office functions to be as efficient as possible

If he went down the direct route and employed these people through BCFC, he would have to do the same for Bristol Rugby etc etc

I'm a little confused now, so are Bristol Sport kit manfacturers, stadium designers, stadium managers ?

I think that, to get a clearer idea of what they're all about, think of Trotters Independent Traders, then throw in a few cast members from "The Sting", wearing false moustaches, funny wigs, that sort of thing.

Archived