IGNORED

The Colin Daniel Fund Raiser...

Fordy62

Strange that it wasn't spotted when there were several hundred people at the Open Day last Sunday then?

I'd imagine if done weeks ago it was taken down shortly after. Not that I'm saying it's acceptable at any point..

But Letting a supermarket potentially be built at the memorial is ok?

The memorial will remain intact....

dont try and excuse this thick idiot nice try. .. not the first time some mindless idiot has done this type of thing... you just carry on making excuses ...shame that a good bit of humour was let down by some thick numbskull

I'd imagine if done weeks ago it was taken down shortly after. Not that I'm saying it's acceptable at any point..

Sorry, I misunderstood and thought that Cowshed meant that it had been in place for several weeks! :facepalm:

Very funny idea, but not the best place to take the photo. Would have looked great on the door of Santa's Grotto.

dont try and excuse this thick idiot nice try. .. not the first time some mindless idiot has done this type of thing... you just carry on making excuses ...shame that a good bit of humour was let down by some thick numbskull

The MEMORIAL GROUND was to be flattened for a supermarket.

Volleyball over the Heinz beans display would be no Memorial.

And you are vexed over somebody NOT doing any damage.

Sorry, I misunderstood and thought that Cowshed meant that it had been in place for several weeks! :facepalm:

Very funny idea, but not the best place to take the photo. Would have looked great on the door of Santa's Grotto.

It may have been in place for weeks. If any damage was done the papers would have been all over it. Its ironic that the view for ever through the Memorial Grounds gates may have been the metre high orange letters of yet another Sainsburys.

It may have been in place for weeks. If any damage was done the papers would have been all over it. Its ironic that the view for ever through the Memorial Grounds gates may have been the metre high orange letters of yet another Sainsburys.

Unlikely, they are listed, and you can't do anything with them.

I think its time you jogged on..why not join you're inbred friends on there forum.you are becoming irritating. ..

The Memorial will not remain intact, simply because the memorial was not just the gates but the whole ground, left so that those who gave their lives would be remembered in perpetuity by those that use said ground for generations to come.

What is so hard for you gasheads to understand about that!

I think its time you jogged on..why not join you're inbred friends on there forum.you are becoming irritating. ..

Only my opinion, but I don't think your comment is called for and, indeed, is somewhat embarrassing.

I found the 'plaque' amusing, but remain unconvinced that it should have been placed on the memorial gates and most certainly the photo should not have been released today of all days.

Again, only my opinion, but I consider both nailseacookie and his sidekick, In the Net, to be amongst the most reasonable, fair-minded and (sometimes) amusing posters on this forum, and certainly less offensive than many others.

Only my opinion, but I don't think your comment is called for and, indeed, is somewhat embarrassing.

I found the 'plaque' amusing, but remain unconvinced that it should have been placed on the memorial gates and most certainly the photo should not have been released today of all days.

Again, only my opinion, but I consider both nailseacookie and his sidekick, In the Net, to be amongst the most reasonable, fair-minded and (sometimes) amusing posters on this forum, and certainly less offensive than many others.

Agreed. They're a bit like forum pets aren't they?

The plaque, is mentioned elsewhere before WTFiGO's idea. Pictures which appeared state 23/7/14. The plaque on the pictures is positioned to one side and nearly indistinguishable, there is no obvious intent to offend, and no lettering has been obscured. It is clear given the timescale no damage and vandalism has taken place.

v

Bristol Rovers and Sainsburys wanting to dwarf the memorial gates with a Supermarket.

This dingbat does realise that the whole Ground is the memorial to the fallen soldiers and not just the gates right? Surely they must know this!

OH THE IRONY!

Relegated to the role of "sidekick" to some bloke I've never met - now, that's what I call offensive! ;):whistle:

This dingbat does realise that the whole Ground is the memorial to the fallen soldiers and not just the gates right? Surely they must know this!

OH THE IRONY!

Correctemundo!

The gates are just the bit where it's written . The Sags' entire plan was a big f- off to our war dead. Still, looks like it's not happening now...

The whole ground is a memorial ( The clue is in the name of the ground ) That's the memorial that higgs said he didn't care what sainsburys did with ! If theirs one thing worse than a gas head it's a sanctimonious gashead, get back under your stone cookie an stop posting hypocritical garbage on here ,

You'd think somebody had drilled a couple of holes, banged in a couple of rawl plugs and then mounted a proper plate up!

Yes, it was in bad taste but the reaction is so over the top IMO.

I made a donation when the idiots defaced the gates a couple of years ago, that was deplorable! but this was just a picture..... they didn't bulldoze the whole site 'a la Sainsburys', the GROUND is the memorial, the gates are just a focal point!

Slap on the wrist and deep embarrassment for the perpetrators is a good enough punishment I'd say.

Some soppy Sag BBB on the above link/thread wants an apology from Bristol Sport with his comment 'don't hold your breath', as if! (but please do hold your breath, you seem to be using valuable oxygen that somebody with a brain cell or two could use).

The thread from the gas forum. Started by someone with Miah Dennehy in his user name. Not the one who posts on here is it?

http://www.gasheads.org/thread/780/scum

Reading that you know they want to believe a scaffold was erected and City fans went at the Memorial gates with the worlds largest masonry drill.

Its the helplessness that gets them most and then the sense of they can't do it.

All that rage over what people are saying was a bit of cardboard that has not left a mark.

Archived