IGNORED

The Colin Daniel Fund Raiser...

Fordy62

Yes super, but it's not us being holier than thou though is it ?

I honestly think that any fans of either club who feel entitled to claim a holier than thou stance are very much deluded.  Every club has idiots who will tarnish the name, I can never see the point of burying my head in the sand regarding ours.

I honestly think that any fans of either club who feel entitled to claim a holier than thou stance are very much deluded.  Every club has idiots who will tarnish the name, I can never see the point of burying my head in the sand regarding ours.

Me neither I remember Aberfan Aberfan in the late 60s V Cardiff as a little boy...That was a disgrace as was the Williams chants in 90's, but the plaque situation is utter nonsense by comparison. A joke from a few weeks ago not desecrating a memorial is not in the same league....!

I would suggest now is the time to drop it and get on with our promotion campaigns do you not think!

I remember the Aberfan chants at AG when I was a kid - I joined in and never understood what a bellend I was until I was older.

This chant continued well into the late 70's easily.

Thousands of City fans did it.  I would wager that every single one of them now, who are older and have kids are embarrassed the second they were reminded about it.

But this temporary plaque, put up a month ago, and removed well before WW1 rememberance day is not in the same universe.

2p

EXACTLY!

The person on gaschat going by the name of roversdrive - should be accused of "hate crime" if we had consistent application of the law in this country! The article from the evil post is all the evidence that plod would need to prosecute.

Even gas heads seem embarrassed by him.

As stated it seems some will use any excuse to underpin their belief about the supporters, players and officials of our club! Cognitive Dissonance!?

I guess maybe some will have to stop the Mickey Taking as clearly it shows what scumbags City Supporters all are....with some!! :laugh:

Season starts Saturday and I'm looking forward to watching us, I wonder how many of the outraged are looking forward to watching Rovers!?

I'm popping down the Hallowed tomorrow so shall enquire about the champaign and see if they can personalise it with this image..

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/footballleague/article4080241.ece

Are we agreed on framing him an honourary certificate of Outstanding Contribution to go with?

Still looking into how to obtain him Freedom of Bristol status . . . . .

I'm popping down the Hallowed tomorrow so shall enquire about the champaign and see if they can personalise it with this image..

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/footballleague/article4080241.ece

Are we agreed on framing him an honourary certificate of Outstanding Contribution to go with?

Still looking into how to obtain him Freedom of Bristol status . . . . .

1. Champagne.

2. Certificate.

3. Thank you card.

Excellent work. What was the final tally?

Right, champers has to be personalised over the web and they don't do images, only words.

What wording should we use? Or just get a plain Bristol City bottle and leave the wording to the certificate?

Is there a limit on the number of words WTF? Something like:

'To Sir Colin Daniel, in appreciation of the wonderful and historic goal that sent Bristol Rovers down to the Conference.

Well done, and thank you to a legend in BS3. From euphoric Bristol City fans around the world. OTIB'

Is there a limit on the number of words WTF? Something like:

'To Sir Colin Daniel, in appreciation of the wonderful and historic goal that sent Bristol Rovers down to the Conference.

Well done, and thank you to a legend in BS3. From euphoric Bristol City fans around the world. OTIB'

Hmm, or we could just send him a book Nogs !! ... :laugh: :)

I've just had an email back from Dave Johnson port vale media executive and he said the manager would not allow any players to do anything like this on a match so as not to distract them from the game ahead,so I replied with what about after the game awaiting response ,other than that if you want to leave it with me I can assure you he will get his due reward as they train around the corner from my pub just another idea cheers

I've just had an email back from Dave Johnson port vale media executive and he said the manager would not allow any players to do anything like this on a match so as not to distract them from the game ahead,so I replied with what about after the game awaiting response ,other than that if you want to leave it with me I can assure you he will get his due reward as they train around the corner from my pub just another idea cheers

Mate, if you could sort this then that'll be fantastic. All we're really looking for is a photo of some, clearly only too pleased City supporter, grinning like a Cheshire Cat presenting Sir Colin his rightful dues. And to smother it all over social media etc.

Archived