IGNORED

The Colin Daniel Fund Raiser...

Fordy62

Hi Dolly. Can you ask him, really nicely, if he's game for helping us out?

Don't know what the code is between professional footballers in the current age, or if there is one. But we're up there on the 16th, even twitter and the like could pay dividends.

The image of the great man cupping his ear at Cardiff is enough to convince me he's worth asking.

Right, just spoke to Scotty (he is way too chirpy at 10 past 8 in the morning)

He is more than happy to hand over said presentation, rather a lot of laughter ensued when I said "Right, so you know Colin Daniel" as I think he maybe knew what was coming.

Someone needs to get him the champers etc asap so he can take it up with him.  If someone can get the stuff to me, I can get it to Scotty, or someone can take it to the club and leave it for him.

Let me know :)

Well done all involved :clap:

I (my businesses) donate to charities in my own little way from time to time, but this is the first donation where the words "**** 'em" have been a major driving factor in opening the purse strings.

Big respect to WTF for running with this.  It's only banter at the end of the day but with the added bonus of a charity getting an unexpected little drop!  Cheers to all donors for enabling this.  Can't wait for the G4S meltdown when it happens.  

Should we perhaps open an in-house competition to predict the most used throwback insult word selected by the prowed ones?

Think they are already shut aren't they?

As Coombsy has just said they have shut their visitor centre so not open to the public any longer, I think they might have an Open Day now and again. A great idea, a good cause and highlighting the horse punching incident by of Gassy neighbours.

And can Scott Murray become even more of a legend by doing this for us, he is just superb.

He is more than happy to hand over said presentation, rather a lot of laughter ensued when I said "Right, so you know Colin Daniel" as I think he maybe knew what was coming.

Someone needs to get him the champers etc asap so he can take it up with him.  If someone can get the stuff to me, I can get it to Scotty, or someone can take it to the club and leave it for him.

Brilliant, that was a lot smoother than I ever expected. Mods - please ignore the PM's I sent.

I'll order the champers asap!

I was wondering that if we wanted publicity around this, The Sun (hate that paper) would probably write a tiny little extract on it that would have a few people chuckling. Soccer AM as mentioned could possibly be interested, seeing as they have shown a couple of funny clips of things happening at Bristol City, namely the 'Pete Borough, could you please go home?' And Gary Johnson being pummelled with footballs at Failand. Did anybody make contact with any media outlets or is this something we are trying to avoid?

I was wondering that if we wanted publicity around this, The Sun (hate that paper) would probably write a tiny little extract on it that would have a few people chuckling. Soccer AM as mentioned could possibly be interested, seeing as they have shown a couple of funny clips of things happening at Bristol City, namely the 'Pete Borough, could you please go home?' And Gary Johnson being pummelled with footballs at Failand. Did anybody make contact with any media outlets or is this something we are trying to avoid?

Maybe the publicity would be better after the event. If sky cameras were there and filmed it there is more chance of Scott being told that he cannot be involved by the club... However, if there were a few snaps, or some mobile phone footage, this could always be sent after the event and I still believe it would be picked up; it's funny, novel and exactly the tone for something like Soccer:AM. I could also imagine Jeff Stelling giving it a mention during soccer saturday when a Rovers or City update comes in.

Maybe the publicity would be better after the event. If sky cameras were there and filmed it there is more chance of Scott being told that he cannot be involved by the club... However, if there were a few snaps, or some mobile phone footage, this could always be sent after the event and I still believe it would be picked up; it's funny, novel and exactly the tone for something like Soccer:AM. I could also imagine Jeff Stelling giving it a mention during soccer saturday when a Rovers or City update comes in.

Use of a mobile phone for vids and snaps? I like it.

Has anyone contaced Colin Daniel to see if he is happy to accept anything?

See Marie's post below...

This assures me that Murray's in decent enough contact with Sir Colin.

Got the champers ordered, Dolly. A 1-3 day delivery. We'll work it out from there but is there any chance you can get Scott to confirm that this is an absolute definite goer and that Sir Colin feels the same, in the mean time?

Not that I seriously doubt you or Scott, but I myself am an absolute nightmare for saying crazy things at 8.10 am (and at any other chosen second of the day). Just don't want to balls this up.

Archived