IGNORED

The Colin Daniel Fund Raiser...

Fordy62

It doesn't matter when the actual presentation is done - the only advantage on the day would mean more BCFC fans around, but I guess it is more as a recognition to the player

Are you going up on the 16th September? It would be wonderful to do it on the day of the game but Port Vale have said (like any serious league side would), they're not having if interfere with match day. As our man says, if he's not in the match day squad, there could be a chance.

Would be a proper piss take to set up a sag grotto for folk to queue up and have a 'selfie' with the chosen one.

If it comes to it, I'm sure we could assemble a crew from that part of the country, or send one up when the timing for him is appropriate.

Sounds like the Mason Arms will be a BCFC favourite watering hole for many years to come!

Could be the founding of a legendary relationship!

Just had word back re Colin Daniel presentation can't see it happening on the day as he is more and more becoming a first team player and fast becoming a vale hero ,thinking caps on boys,idea get soccer a.m. to do it ,or get in touch with tubes he's always up for a giggle ,or better still try Mersin on fantasy football league ,worth a punt,I'll keep pluggin

Looks like the pub's a non starter unfortunately.

Think our best bet is to ask Scott Murray to present it to him on behalf of OTIB in the changing room after the game.

We could also get a thread going on here with our personal comments,congratulations etc. to Sir Colin and print it out to accompany the gift.

Looks like the pub's a non starter unfortunately.

Think our best bet is to ask Scott Murray to present it to him on behalf of OTIB in the changing room after the game.

We could also get a thread going on here with our personal comments,congratulations etc. to Sir Colin and print it out to accompany the gift.

Do you reckon that would be a goer?

I know the timing is convenient but I have to say I always liked Scott Murray, his cupped-ear run up the Tinnion Park touch line is one of the most iconic City images in the modern age. He clearly loves it, an I also have to say how impressed I have been with his supporter interaction over the years. He even gave me a 'thumbs up' at the Leyton Orient game the other night, from a distance.

Anyone in contact with the guy?

I know it's boring but I think the bubbly and whatever else should just be sent to Port Vale FC to pass on to Sir Colin. The majority of us find Rovers relegation hilarious because we are City fans but the reality is most people couldn't give a sh1t, some people who don't have to live and work with them will even be sympathetic. It would be the same if we or any other club (apart from Cardiff, Millwall or Leeds) fell into Non League.

An official presentation of some type would be great if Colin Daniels was up for it and in on the joke, if not you run the risk of him handing the bubbly straight back and saying "nah **** off mate". Send him the bottle so he knows we are grateful and give him a very warm reception at AG. That's what I reckon anyway.

Well done to WTFiGO for organising this. Good work fella.

I would be surprised if Soccer AM and Tubes were not interested in this.

A great gesture keeping alive the spirit and banter of football rivalry in the face of sanitsation.

Plus if they were interested and could aid or facilitate there would be no mad rush to have this done before Port Vale but could just be a small feature at a later date.

I know it's boring but I think the bubbly and whatever else should just be sent to Port Vale FC to pass on to Sir Colin. The majority of us find Rovers relegation hilarious because we are City fans but the reality is most people couldn't give a sh1t, some people who don't have to live and work with them will even be sympathetic. It would be the same if we or any other club (apart from Cardiff, Millwall or Leeds) fell into Non League.

An official presentation of some type would be great if Colin Daniels was up for it and in on the joke, if not you run the risk of him handing the bubbly straight back and saying "nah **** off mate". Send him the bottle so he knows we are grateful and give him a very warm reception at AG. That's what I reckon anyway.

Well done to WTFiGO for organising this. Good work fella.

On reflection I agree with this.

I don't think talk of Soccer A.M. or other external publicity is necessary or appropriate.

It was a VERY memorable day for us City fans and we want to show our appreciation to the architect of their downfall.

That's it though, send the bottle and perhaps get an appreciation thread going on here to accompany it, for now, and bring the house down in his honour when he appears at AG.

I would be surprised if Soccer AM and Tubes were not interested in this.

I haven't watched Soccer AM for years, do they do a regular section dedicated to fans of one club taking the piss out of fans from another club? Genuine question.

If they do...phone them up, but what you don't want to do is something that makes neutral fans sympathise with 'them' and think that we are a bunch of cocky ****s. Like I said, people often have sympathy with the quirky underdog type person/club whoever they are.

I haven't watched Soccer AM for years, do they do a regular section dedicated to fans of one club taking the piss out of fans from another club? Genuine question.

If they do...phone them up, but what you don't want to do is something that makes neutral fans sympathise with 'them' and think that we are a bunch of cocky ****s. Like I said, people often have sympathy with the quirky underdog type person/club whoever they are.

They don't, but they often need 'filler' material and I think this would be right up there with the tone of the programme.

As for people sympathising I wouldn't be concerned about this. Most football fans would surely have at least a wry smile at this and for those that sympathise they'll forget who Bristol Rovers are within the hout; just like no-one cares about Maidenhead United.

I haven't watched it seriously for years either.

However, one of the team is a big City fan (Dave ?).

When NLBR were a league team, he would murmur "Boo !" when their name was read out amongst the fixtures. 

He would be the guy to contact.

(Perhaps he is on here already ??)

I haven't watched it seriously for years either.

However, one of the team is a big City fan (Dave ?).

When NLBR were a league team, he would murmur "Boo !" when their name was read out amongst the fixtures. 

He would be the guy to contact.

(Perhaps he is on here already ??)

There's a DaveL - could that be him?

Contact Soccer AM, and then if you get no joy there, then I can get you in touch with Scotty.

Have to say I think this needs to happen sooner rather than later because it's part of last seasons events now, and as time goes on for this season, it kind of loses it's comedy value.

I'll get on and send the bottle and card up to Port Vale, then.

Think that'll go completely tits up, personally, but I'm not privy enough to do much about it.

Speak now or forever hold your peace.

Despite what SX225 says above, it's only actually been just over a month since the thread started.

In that time monies have been organised and charity chosen, all we need to do is finalise the handover of the champagne.

Dolly offered above to contact Scotty to perhaps hand it to SCD in the dressing room after the game. This part doesn't have to be a publicity stunt that could get Scotty in to trouble of some sort, it would simply be him handing over the bottle and message on behalf of OTIB. 

So, why not try Scotty and if he says no we can move on.

Alternatively the pub landlord has offered to invite SCD to the pub sometime - we know it can't be on the match day - and hand it over in a City shirt (if someone can provide him with one) and get the moment on camera. AS PV train near his pub this should be easily doable.

Looks like the gift might have to be without massive fanfare - but that wasn't the original idea anyway - but we can still go for maximum publicity for the charity money.

I don't think we've done too badly. SCD in the pub would have been perfect - if unlikely - we just have to finalise an alternative.

Chin up WTF, you're doing a good job.  :thumbsup:

Why not send it to the Masons arms?

I'm sure the landlord will take a snap shot of it when he hands it over.

He can then post it on here.

EDIT:   and increase the NLBR thread even nearer to the million view mark.

Despite what SX225 says above, it's only actually been just over a month since the thread started.

In that time monies have been organised and charity chosen, all we need to do is finalise the handover of the champagne.

Dolly offered above to contact Scotty to perhaps hand it to SCD in the dressing room after the game. This part doesn't have to be a publicity stunt that could get Scotty in to trouble of some sort, it would simply be him handing over the bottle and message on behalf of OTIB. 

So, why not try Scotty and if he says no we can move on.

Alternatively the pub landlord has offered to invite SCD to the pub sometime - we know it can't be on the match day - and hand it over in a City shirt (if someone can provide him with one) and get the moment on camera. AS PV train near his pub this should be easily doable.

Looks like the gift might have to be without massive fanfare - but that wasn't the original idea anyway - but we can still go for maximum publicity for the charity money.

I don't think we've done too badly. SCD in the pub would have been perfect - if unlikely - we just have to finalise an alternative.

Chin up WTF, you're doing a good job.  :thumbsup:

This is it. Why not try Scotty, first? Sure, will anyone take responsibility for asking Scotty?

If not, let's send it up to The Mason's Arm's - and I'm sure the guy is going to welcome this idea.

Think the point is we need action.

This is it. Why not try Scottywill anyone take responsibility for asking Scotty?, first? Sure, 

If not, let's send it up to The Mason's Arm's - and I'm sure the guy is going to welcome this idea.

Think the point is we need action.

:chant6ez: OVER TO YOU, DOLLY. :chant6ez:

Archived