IGNORED

The Colin Daniel Fund Raiser...

Fordy62

Reading that you know they want to believe a scaffold was erected and City fans went at the Memorial gates with the worlds largest masonry drill.

Its the helplessness that gets them most and then the sense of they can't do it.

All that rage over what people are saying was a bit of cardboard that has not left a mark.

yet they are happy for the gates to be moved and the actual memorial (ie the ground) to be ripped down, they have no moral high ground here, then again it is the delusional in denial gasheads we are talking about isn't it,

While it was put in the wrong place and the timing of the picture (even tho it was taken weeks ago) is wrong, the gas's reaction is so hypocritical its actually laughable

The thread from the gas forum. Started by someone with Miah Dennehy in his user name. Not the one who posts on here is it?

http://www.gasheads.org/thread/780/scum

No, that bloke who started the thread you've linked is their super duper special ITK who has been feeding all his fellow Sags 'feel good' news about the UWE for the last couple of years....."there's no problem guys, full steam ahead wink wink" sort of thing.

If you've got nothing better to do for 5 mins, check out the thread on 'Gaschat' about the same subject...it's pathetic. The wierdo who started it sounded like he was soiling himself with fake rage. I think most people agree its not right to use the Mem gates for a prank but nobody has taken a slash against them let alone left them vandalised.

The whole ground is a memorial ( The clue is in the name of the ground ) That's the memorial that higgs said he didn't care what sainsburys did with it

Presumably Higgs and co wouldn't give a toss if Sainsburys build a massive brothel next door to the memorial garden as long as they get their money.

Only my opinion, but I don't think your comment is called for and, indeed, is somewhat embarrassing.

I found the 'plaque' amusing, but remain unconvinced that it should have been placed on the memorial gates and most certainly the photo should not have been released today of all days.

Again, only my opinion, but I consider both nailseacookie and his sidekick, In the Net, to be amongst the most reasonable, fair-minded and (sometimes) amusing posters on this forum, and certainly less offensive than many others.

It seems the plaque was placed days/weeks ago and was put up and down without damage!

The timing of the release of the pictures is unfortunate (as mentioned) as I, as many, first saw them yesterday, however all this name calling and finger pointing is really a bit galling.

I like many people have fallen relatives in both world wars and family members who have fought in other conflicts. The placing of the plaque was not meant to be a slight on them and did not deface the memorial in any way longer than it was hanging.

Most people have a sense of humour particularly soldiers, sailors and airman in times of conflict and this was funny. A sense of proportion is required from those making a huge fuss as this shows nothing about a set of people and their thoughts on their debt to the fallen and is not an excuse for some to use to support their ongoing dislike of this football club and its supporters...

What it does show maybe that some may not know the date of the start of WW1 and I guess they will remember that in future!

It seems the plaque was placed days/weeks ago and was put up and down without damage!

The timing of the release of the pictures is unfortunate (as mentioned) as I, as many, first saw them yesterday, however all this name calling and finger pointing is really a bit galling.

I like many people have fallen relatives in both world wars and family members who have fought in other conflicts. The placing of the plaque was not meant to be a slight on them and did not deface the memorial in any way longer than it was hanging.

Most people have a sense of humour particularly soldiers, sailors and airman in times of conflict and this was funny. A sense of proportion is required from those making a huge fuss as this shows nothing about a set of people and their thoughts on their debt to the fallen and is not an excuse for some to use to support their ongoing dislike of this football club and its supporters...

What it does show maybe that some may not know the date of the start of WW1 and I guess they will remember that in future!

On other lesser used sites there are mentions of this plaque in July without much comment. Pictures [Properties 23/7/14] - A previous month, and a date well before the seriousness of today.

The rest of Citys social internet network could be now catching up with a joke that had passed as the plaque was up, down and clearly gone without anybody really noticing till yesterday.

This is not the only thing which has passed by a heavily used City site in otib. Anybody hear also about the Relegation celebration to the conference banner? Banner off the M32? There will be pictures of these passed events out there somewhere.

Bit confused how the vast majority of people could have "missed" the joke in July, as the actual photos only seemed to appear yesterday afternoon?

Seen "Never mind the Gap heres a bloody great canyon" or the board outside Mangotsfields ground yet? Maybe not, or they might just slowly filter through as well.

Overreaction as usual. If it was placed on the gates for a photo to be taken I don't really see the big deal. You can be almost certain there was no disrespect intended to the memorial.

Any excuse for a moan though eh...

It was as predictable as the day is long that R*vers were going to bleat about this mole hill; clutching at straws is their speciality.

Granted, this should have been anticipated and countered by putting the plaque on the other gate or somewhere looking over the ground but hey-ho.

No disrespect was intended and no damage was done.

Ahem, pirating and attempting to profiteer by the tune of tens of millions from a war memorial is rather more the mountain in this mountain/mole hill scenario.

It seems that this picture has eked out today, with unfortunate timing. I doubt that the gates were selected to particularly offend the general public and more because it was the most prominent place.

Faux outrage when it comes to City fans is what that lot do really well, and with little to channel their frustrations into at the moment, this was a perfect opportunity. So little surprise at their response.

Whilst I would never align the death of one man over the millions who perished in WW1, I will never forget the sixty seconds of 'away the gas' during the minute's silence for Des Williams at the '91 derby match. This is another example of their hypocritical nature and I've never heard one of them apologise for that.

It seems that this picture has eked out today, with unfortunate timing. I doubt that the gates were selected to particularly offend the general public and more because it was the most prominent place.

Faux outrage when it comes to City fans is what that lot do really well, and with little to channel their frustrations into at the moment, this was a perfect opportunity. So little surprise at their response.

Whilst I would never align the death of one man over the millions who perished in WW1, I will never forget the sixty seconds of 'away the gas' during the minute's silence for Des Williams at the '91 derby match. This is another example of their hypocritical nature and I've never heard one of them apologise for that.

RedFred - I have mentioned my disgust about this incident several times on here. I also remember phoning Ali Vowles on Radio Bristol the following morning, as I was still so wound up. No excuses whatsoever.

Remember that well.

It made Donowa's goal even sweeter !

All of the hand wringing about the location and timing of the 'photo opportunity' is political correctness gone mad imo.  It is clear that the photographer did not do it to desecrate the memory of the fallen in the Great War.  He (or she) did it to take the proverbial out of the g^s. Nothing more, nothing less.  Had the perpetrator wished to defile the memory of those that gave their lives, they would have selected to deface a memorial in a more spectacular and reportable way, as occasionally seen on news reports.  The people who do that sort of desecration clearly hold a grudge against freedom and sacrifice and seek maximum publicity by their obnoxious actions.  No hidden agenda with the blue plaque.

Those who weep tears and say that the CD plaque jape is a disgrace are displaying an admiralble overreaction in their conclusion.  Come on folks, there's far worse things going in on Gaza as we read this.  I DO wring my hands about those events and I have no family or geographical interest in the middle east, but I feel so bloody helpless.

Remember the pic of the (not) 'GHS' pretending to slash against the Ashton Road gates?  Same type of joke.  Move along now, nothing to see here.

BTW, I like to keep half an eye on non league stuff, anyone know who grimsby have got this weekend?

RedFred - I have mentioned my disgust about this incident several times on here. I also remember phoning Ali Vowles on Radio Bristol the following morning, as I was still so wound up. No excuses whatsoever.

I admire you for that, ITN. You are genuinely the first to show any kind of remorse for those embarrassing actions that night.

As you seem quite level-headed for a gashead, I'm sure you will agree that if that picture had not appeared today then there would have been minimal (excuse the pun) fuss made.

Archived