IGNORED

Dolman Stand Access - Important Information

Dave L

Question for Dave L:

I am told that there is a bigger bar area next to the 3 Lions @ Ashton Gate bar in the Williams that is only used by around 10 or less (think it is the press bar) per game.

Is there any way that the press bar can be opened up to ST holders to cope with the guaranteed increase of people wanting somewhere to go before and after the game?.

Seems to be a general concern amongst the other stands that access to ale might be tricky this coming season - just wondering if 'pop-up' bars could be a solution.

No idea if it's possible to create a secure, covered area outside the Williams after the game has started so they've got someone to use outside at half/full time. Anyone with any experience of that sort of thing?

Seems to be a general concern amongst the other stands that access to ale might be tricky this coming season - just wondering if 'pop-up' bars could be a solution.

No idea if it's possible to create a secure, covered area outside the Williams after the game has started so they've got someone to use outside at half/full time. Anyone with any experience of that sort of thing?

I believe that when Bristol Rugby previously played a couple of games at AG they had a marquee/beer tent that presumably

was put up by some outside event company..............there must be lots of companies who do this.

It would require licencing and - of course - the agreement of Safety etc......................so do-able (as BRFC did it) but difficult .

I believe that when Bristol Rugby previously played a couple of games at AG they had a marquee/beer tent that presumably

was put up by some outside event company..............there must be lots of companies who do this.

It would require licencing and - of course - the agreement of Safety etc......................so do-able (as BRFC did it) but difficult .

Worth floating the idea, might not be a goer, but if the demand is there it might be a money spinner for someone.

Question for Dave L:

I am told that there is a bigger bar area next to the 3 Lions @ Ashton Gate bar in the Williams that is only used by around 10 or less (think it is the press bar) per game.

Is there any way that the press bar can be opened up to ST holders to cope with the guaranteed increase of people wanting somewhere to go before and after the game?.

Or even the "natch hut" which was by the east end!

Red Yoshi:

"

Just the one flaw?

You're being very kind. Pretty sure there were plenty more flaws than that."

No, other than that one your maths and logic were spot on!

Whilst City's move today has to help mitigate concerns it fails to go to the root of my argument , being simply I don't see whether the club has assured that fans will safely be able to enter and exit in a reasonable period? My response wasn't a case of overt panic and could have been wholly inaccurate, in which case I've gone some way to both fellow fans and the club in spoiling both revenue and enjoyment this season. Point being, it's risk management and I simply queried whether the club had done enough in terms of assessment? Rightly or wrongly they've changed tack which if indicative they've further reviewed and think they may have made an error , is to be applauded. To be clear, it's not set in stone and City should review throughout the season.

Most important of all - that we're all around and fit and well to see us lift the first championship in my lifetime.

The only thing I'd say is that everyone seems to think that those aggrieved at not being allowed in the deh only want a drink. The truth is that many people, young, old and approaching middle age actually just like to get in there too escape the elements in the winter. I'm 36 with the bladder a 90 year old world be disappointed with, so I never drink before a game anyone if I want to see the match. Not everything revolves around alcohol.

I recognise that the club have very little option, though the steward at the door the stand, is a good idea, and therefore for one season am willing to put up with it.

A small gesture to atyeo and Williams season ticket holders for the ripping away of a peek wouldn't go amiss though... ;-)

No, other than that one your maths and logic were spot on!

Whilst City's move today has to help mitigate concerns it fails to go to the root of my argument , being simply I don't see whether the club has assured that fans will safely be able to enter and exit in a reasonable period? My response wasn't a case of overt panic and could have been wholly inaccurate, in which case I've gone some way to both fellow fans and the club in spoiling both revenue and enjoyment this season. Point being, it's risk management and I simply queried whether the club had done enough in terms of assessment? Rightly or wrongly they've changed tack which if indicative they've further reviewed and think they may have made an error , is to be applauded. To be clear, it's not set in stone and City should review throughout the season.

Most important of all - that we're all around and fit and well to see us lift the first championship in my lifetime.

Absolutely, didn't mean to suggest your posts were in the 'overt panic' category. There were just a fair few that were, I felt, so thought I'd attempt to ease their worries slightly.

Not denying that there needs to be more of a strategy than simply asking fans to turn up earlier. However, I was (perhaps foolishly) of the mind that the club will be working on necessary additional measures, with the only element that'll affect the fans directly and require their knowledge is what end to enter & the need to probably turn up earlier than usual.

If the club added in a couple of turnstiles, or rearranged them etc., then the fans wouldn't need to know about it in advance for the benefit to be felt. "Please try to turn up earlier" is essentially all the club can ask of the fans, and all they need to notify us of as well, really. ( Until the DEH development, which will now be communicated.)

Admittedly, valid queries about additional measures are perfectly acceptable, and potentially the lack of definite response has proved my hopes to be misplaced, which I admit becomes more of a concern. But the initial thrust of the thread, I felt, was misconstrued slightly.

But hey, I'm babbling.

Fully behind your closing sentiment, and yes, constant reviewing of all processes should be in place regardless.

[Ha, "open brackets" followed by the word "until" gets censored. I know it does in S****horpe, as well, but including parentheses in the filter is some impressive commitment.]

Think this is top stuff from Dave L and the club. Some people still bashing them for not getting it right first time which is a bit harsh as credit where credits due.

As for Non-dolman ticket holders (including myself), tough. Not ideal to not be able to drink in DEH but we are in the middle of a redevelopment and frankly ensuring fans get into the ground safely is more important than our pre-match drinking rituals.

I'm sure we can all get a drink elsewhere!

Really? The people that get paid to run the club had the best idea of #beattherush.

It took a fan 11 minutes to come up with a better idea.

To be honest the irony is that if DL had announced straight off the bat that the DEH was only going to be open to Dolman ticket holders there would have been uproar on here. As it turns out, he didn't and several fans suggested it themselves and now everyone thinks it's the best idea in the world because 'we' thought of it.

Yes, #beattherush was naive and inadequate in the first place but you HAVE to give some credit for the clubs swift response to fans legitimate concerns and the sensible and well thought through suggestions that would proposed (which the club have taken in board). Who said the club doesn't listen to fans?! Also, there were some absolutely terrible suggestions from people that clearly wouldn't work. Everyone thinks they're a genius on a forum.

To be honest the irony is that if DL had announced straight off the bat that the DEH was only going to be open to Dolman ticket holders there would have been uproar on here. As it turns out, he didn't and several fans suggested it themselves and now everyone thinks it's the best idea in the world because 'we' thought of it.

Yes, #beattherush was naive and inadequate in the first place but you HAVE to give some credit for the clubs swift response to fans legitimate concerns and the sensible and well thought through suggestions that would proposed (which the club have taken in board). Who said the club doesn't listen to fans?! Also, there were some absolutely terrible suggestions from people that clearly wouldn't work. Everyone thinks they're a genius on a forum.

But none of us are getting paid to run a football club

Right.

Where is this supposed bar in the Williams Stand? I've sat in there for 11 seasons now and the only bar I know of is the premier suite which I've only been in once after the fans derby. If there is another bar in the stand, why the hell is it not advertised?! Or signposted?

"They should facking label things, take the facking time out to facking label things. They could confuse a stupid person."

(with apologies to Peter Cook)

• Admin

Right.

Where is this supposed bar in the Williams Stand? I've sat in there for 11 seasons now and the only bar I know of is the premier suite which I've only been in once after the fans derby. If there is another bar in the stand, why the hell is it not advertised?! Or signposted?

Legends bar, towards the East end part of the Williams.

Went in the stand once last season and got in there ok

Dave - I have a season ticket in the Ateyo with my youngster one of the reasons for getting a ticket was that it gave us acess to the Dolman bar to meet friends and also meant we didn't have to use a local pub, naturally I get that with all the work being carried out changes are needed, is there an alternative for us?! Can we access another bar in the Williams? I understand this but a listed benefit of having a season ticket is access to the DEH and this has been taken away as a benefit!!!

So the club have inadvertantently stumbled across some kind of relativist psychological technique? Genius!

I think had Dave transparently explained the numbers, explained the DEH proposal and advised the need to try to arrive a bit earlier if you can, there wouldn't have been the uproar that there was.

The human catapolt and the parachutes have still not been catagorically written off, btw :)

Archived