IGNORED

Dolman Stand Access - Important Information

Dave L

Where can I get a beer in the Williams? The kiosks on the ground floor only sell hot drinks, pop and pies.

I'm not a Premier Club member, so don't have use of those facilities. Have I missed something?

one of the kiosks sells beer I think, like the atyeo one,

Can we have an outside Natch type think behind the williams? that would solve a few problems,

Well done BCFC and DaveL. Common sense wins and City show they listen. Today is a good day! (Now I need to just wander over in a mo for our Oxford tickets COYR!!!)

Call me a killjoy or miserable git, but I truly fail to see how the club is to be congratulated.

There were quickly posted a number of posts from people who clearly understood the problem far more than anyone at BCFC, and who provided possible solutions.

I would respectfully suggest that a short meeting of all interested parties would have soon got around to suggesting the solution that is going to be trialled.

Personally I am disappointed in the way the club has handled this, it doesn't bode well for the future while redevelopment tales place.

Call me a killjoy or miserable git, but I truly fail to see how the club is to be congratulated.

There were quickly posted a number of posts from people who clearly understood the problem far more than anyone at BCFC, and who provided possible solutions.

I would respectfully suggest that a short meeting of all interested parties would have soon got around to suggesting the solution that is going to be trialled.

Personally I am disappointed in the way the club has handled this, it doesn't bode well for the future while redevelopment tales place.

so they shouldn't of done anything or take the fans view on board is that what you are saying?

I see your point but it's a start anyway. We will see what happens after Colchester. Real problem is that DEH is more like a chicken farm than a pub. Absolutely no reason to go there beating the que aside.

so they shouldn't of done anything or take the fans view on board is that what you are saying?

No, I am saying they should have involved people who have knowledge and experience of these matters and reached a potential solution, rather than a please arrive early statement.

As it happens the solution that is going to be trialled is so obvious I am amazed it wasn't put forward earlier, it was used up until a short time ago as a way of getting into the stadium.

I'd go further and suggest they install turnstiles in one of the doors to the DEH that is usually kept closed, this would help compensate further for the stiles that are being removed.

Tell you what to do Dave. Take away all the turnstiles allowing free access to anyone anywhere in the ground. Put 4 cans of natch under each seat and let the match kick off when the last person decides to take his seat. Simples

No, I am saying they should have involved people who have knowledge and experience of these matters and reached a potential solution,

But that's exactly what I did, surely?

I put a proposed action plan on here, took the feedback I received from supporters to the CEO and we agreed to re-formulate the plan as a result.

No, I am saying they should have involved people who have knowledge and experience of these matters and reached a potential solution, rather than a please arrive early statement.

As it happens the solution that is going to be trialled is so obvious I am amazed it wasn't put forward earlier, it was used up until a short time ago as a way of getting into the stadium.

I'd go further and suggest they install turnstiles in one of the doors to the DEH that is usually kept closed, this would help compensate further for the stiles that are being removed.

How easy is it to install a turnstyle? genuine question as I don't know,

Isn't that what happened?

I think there will be a lot of grumpy people who don't sit in the Dolman (myself included) and who now won't be able to get into the DEH, but the bottom line is, the club can't win here. 

We're all going to be inconvenienced at some point whilst the redevelopment is taking place, so we're just gonna have to grin and bear it.

I put a proposed action plan on here, took the feedback I received from supporters to the CEO and we agreed to re-formulate the plan as a result.

Dave - no reason to doubt you & the club have done anything other than the right thing here - good work I say :drunk2:

• Admin

Seems a logical idea - even it if is just people with the hand held scanners.

Of course the next big issue is to notify everyone that the DEH is only for Dolman ticket holders now

As a result of consultation with supporters we've had another look at this.

Dolman ticket holders will be able to access the DEH via the turnstiles from 12 noon on a Saturday and then go into the DEH. There will be no admission to the rest of the stand until 1.30. As before, access to the DEH will be limited according to it's allowed capacity under the terms of the safety certificate. (Currently 1100, but this could change as the building work progresses).

This information will be sent out to all supporters in the next week.

Well Done Dave!

You appear to have listened, learned lessons and acted, and I am sure this will be appreciated by all concerned.

Mr Gove asks me to refer you to the highlighted word.

With respect Dave your initial post said 'beat the rush, turn up early', which was quickly pointed out by others was neither practical nor a solution to the potential problem.

I'm not In the business of having a go at you personally, you are the liaison officer not the decision maker.

As a former PM myself I would have expected whoever is running the rebuild to present several SOLUTIONS to problems that were flagged up, taking on board advice from professionals who know what they are talking about.

As I said previously this episode does not fill me with confidence, and were I the client I would be asking some serious questions of those who are being paid to deliver the overall project.

Dave - Can I make a suggestion? If you are seeking comment on a suggested course of action then make that patently obvious. It seemed to me and, I suspect many others, to be presented as the final plan.

Still can't quite believe the Club thought that the proposed course of action was realistic and wouldn't result in anything other than total chaos.

That said, great that the Club has responded to fans concerns.

As a former PM myself I would have expected whoever is running the rebuild to present several SOLUTIONS to problems that were flagged up, taking on board advice from professionals who know what they are talking about.

Particularly when Barr have extensive experience of working in a live environment.  They should have been able to sort this one standing on their heads.

There will be turnstiles left from the demolition that could be pressed into service again for a year whilst the work is being done. There are several places where these could go and that would solve most of the problems. Simples!

Pretty sure they've been sold on eBay but I might be wrong.

Is there a bar in the Williams stand / somewhere to get a half time drink?

I think the kiosk closest to where the EE'ers are now sells beer (like the atyeo kiosk between E and F block), don't think there is anywhere on tap like the DEH tho'

Note also the flaw in Yoshi's calculation

Just the one flaw?

You're being very kind. Pretty sure there were plenty more flaws than that.

As I said (or at least should've said), it was in no way an accurate prediction as to what will happen. I very much doubt it to happen that way as well. I was just trying to illustrate how "80 people every minute for 58.3 minutes" wasn't the only way it could work, given the current restrictions.

Agree with everything you've said, and fully aware that one hiccup during one person's admission would throw it all out of whack, pretty much. But even then, it doesn't necessarily result in thousands upon thousands of people not getting in until half time, or anything quite to that extent.

Merely an attempt to temper the overtly panicked responses, and highlight that, with additional measures (for which I may be optimistically hoping - although the DEH development is a bonus), "turning up a bit earlier than normal" is a relatively reasonable request - for those that can.

Hughe unemployment figures for youth. Offer minimum sallary and a limited budget for making something out of the chikenfactory called DEH. A limited budget, second hand furniture, use the hight etc. Would make wonders one foot in the grave could never dream of.

Has someone been at the Tippex thinners?

Is there a bar in the Williams stand / somewhere to get a half time drink?

There is a bar that has a licence for 60, it is ran by Sean Donnelly of the 3 Lions.

The last few seasons they have only had around 20 - 30 in there most matches although when they have ex players in there in gets packed.

Next season will be chaos trying to get in there but there is a kiosk that sells bottled beer, again at the EE end of the Williams.

Just the one flaw?

You're being very kind. Pretty sure there were plenty more flaws than that.

As I said (or at least should've said), it was in no way an accurate prediction as to what will happen. I very much doubt it to happen that way as well. I was just trying to illustrate how "80 people every minute for 58.3 minutes" wasn't the only way it could work, given the current restrictions.

Agree with everything you've said, and fully aware that one hiccup during one person's admission would throw it all out of whack, pretty much. But even then, it doesn't necessarily result in thousands upon thousands of people not getting in until half time, or anything quite to that extent.

Merely an attempt to temper the overtly panicked responses, and highlight that, with additional measures (for which I may be optimistically hoping - although the DEH development is a bonus), "turning up a bit earlier than normal" is a relatively reasonable request - for those that can.

I'm still with redpaul on this in as much that the whole handling of this does not fill me with confidence that the club know what they're doing and, given the club's initial approach to the problem, see the overtly panicked responses as entirely understandable.

Fair play, though.  The overtly panicked responses have prompted a quick response from the club an it is now tackling the problem more strategically.  I still don't don't think that it should have taken numerous panicked responses and that the club should have shown greater competence to begin with.  We'll just have to wait and see whether this latest plan will be enough.

It will be more than overtly panicked responses if a repeat of Bradford last season occurs. 

Agree, supporters need to be as understanding and compliant as they can be - which I think most will be, but if the club themselves aren't also sensible, people will lose the good-will attitude.

Archived