IGNORED

Celtic -Too Good For Qualifying Rounds

Major Isewater

Passion is fine, it's the downright hatred and racism I have a problem with

Racism is dumb. Saying you dislike an entire race, is just as daft as saying you dislike an entire set of one clubs fans ;)

(NLBR & NCLCFC* Season ticket holder)

*No Champions League Celtic Fc :(

As an aside, I was up at Murrayfield last week for the KR Rekyavik game, and it was a great atmosphere in what was essentially a pre season friendly, I honestly think Rovers could have given KR a game.

I only caught the 2nd half of the Legia game, but as a Celtic fan it was embarrassing. Even without the two missed penalties it really could have been 6 or 7. I wouldn't totally rule Celtic out of it yet, you would be amazed how the home support can affect some teams, and if it was at Celtic Park rather than Murrayfield I would fancy a little bet on them still getting through.

I'm actually off to the highlands in the morning and would love to go to the second leg, but it's probably easier to get there from Bristol than it is from where I will be. I shall however be watching the second leg of Aberdeen and Real Sociedad, I will send Derek your love :)

Was horrible to watch, sadly.

Turned into the 'perfect storm' of a new management team still trying to get their style of play across, a manager inexperienced with games in this situation, a desperately poor performance and a squad really needing investment and freshening up.

Legia were fully worth a 4-1 win and 5 or 6 goals wouldn't have flattered them.

Doesn't look like the CL this season but it seems pretty traditional of recent Celtic managers to have a bit of a shocker in Europe early on in their reign. Most important now if we go out is to get decent money for Forster and van Dijk and at least show some reinvestment in the team.

Only if Celtic Rugby, as part of the same group of companies, also operated from their business premises.

You'd be a very brave man indeed to try and change any of Celtic's identity or make it a sub-brand of a non-brand. Using "Celtic Rugby" as an excuse wouldn't work, I don't think. Try buying the Glasgow Gridirons American football team (should be pretty cheap), a bit of smoke and mirrors, and hey presto.

The Celtic Superstore would become the Glasgow Sport superstore...

You'd be a very brave man indeed to try and change any of Celtic's identity or make it a sub-brand of a non-brand. Using "Celtic Rugby" as an excuse wouldn't work, I don't think. Try buying the Glasgow Gridirons American football team (should be pretty cheap), a bit of smoke and mirrors, and hey presto.

Quality...

Why is this on a City forum......

Get enough of this......

It's actually a "football " forum if you care to look !

I started it because i found it a little ironic that Celtic were saying that they should n't have to suffer the indignity of taking part in the qualifying rounds and then get spanked in them .

I started it because i found it a little ironic that Celtic were saying that they should n't have to suffer the indignity of taking part in the qualifying rounds and then get spanked in them .

Yep, fully appreciated..

And very interesting point..

I suppose living up here, I can see where any thread like this will go..

As I've said above, maybe we should have another sub-forum - football & religion...

Agree with ya mate. They have some serious arrogance to say that. I would honestly say the SPL is the biggest joke league in Europe, I think they are lucky to be allowed to join the CL at all these days. Also heard Alan Brazil saying they should be allowed into the Premier on his Talk sport show the other day. :facepalm:  Stuff that make them start in the conference north and work their way up! :thumbsup:

Agree with ya mate. They have some serious arrogance to say that. I would honestly say the SPL is the biggest joke league in Europe, I think they are lucky to be allowed to join the CL at all these days. Also heard Alan Brazil saying they should be allowed into the Premier on his Talk sport show the other day. :facepalm: Stuff that make them start in the conference north and work their way up! :thumbsup:

could happen check celtic nation fc

If the Scots vote for Independence will that put this finally to bed?

i ******* hope so! I don't mind the welsh clubs so much as they've been here decades and the there was no welsh f.a when they joined so I suppose they've earned their right!

But **** Celtic and rangers it's like saying oh the "German league is the tits at the minute lets go join that"

I wonder how the top English clubs would get on if they had to play a qualifier in July?

Just a thought.

I wonder how the top English clubs would get on if they had to play a qualifier in July?

Just a thought.

Come on Bill, apart from last seasons champions league games Celtic have had since august last year when they won the title to prepare and from august this year when they will win it again to prepare for next seasons qualifiers, that's what happens in a one horse race.

The whole 'Celtic would struggle in the English set up' is absolute nonsense. What posters always forget is that if Celtic were in the English set up their tv money would go through the roof compared to the pittance they get now. So you would have a large city club with a regular support of 50,000 plus and access to the tv money and sponsorship that English clubs enjoy. In short Celtic, and Rangers for that matter would be top six clubs in the Premier league within a few seasons (dependent on where they were made to start from of course).

As much as I'm a Celtic fan sglos, I can't totally agree with what you've said.

Celtic and Rangers would have the potential to do well in the EPL, but having a large support and TV millions doesn't guarantee any success. Only have to look at clubs like Newcastle, Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday etc to see that.

With all due respect Celtic and Rangers are much, much bigger clubs than Wednesday and Leeds and bigger than Newcastle. I don't agree with moving clubs across borders, but if it ever did happen Celtic Park and Ibrox would be full ever week and backers all over the UK and Ireland would be falling over themselves to pump money in. It is all hypothetical I accept, but with a level playing field I.e. Equal tv and sponsor money, I think The Old Firm would be nailed on top six every season (allowing for the occasional Man Utd 13-14 season!)

I agree with most of that, just that in football there are no guarantees. The top 6 in England is the playground of the clubs with the wealthiest owners, and both Celtic and Rangers would probably need investors from more than the UK to break into that elite.

The potential and attraction would be there for a wealthy owner, but there is a thin line between an Abramovic and a Craig Whyte.

Agree with ya mate. They have some serious arrogance to say that. I would honestly say the SPL is the biggest joke league in Europe, I think they are lucky to be allowed to join the CL at all these days. Also heard Alan Brazil saying they should be allowed into the Premier on his Talk sport show the other day. :facepalm:  Stuff that make them start in the conference north and work their way up! :thumbsup:

Or down...

Archived