IGNORED

Celtic -Too Good For Qualifying Rounds

Major Isewater

I for one am all for Scottish Independence. The problem for you all is that in a few years your country, economy etc will end up in a ditch called "The Salmond Fault" in equal proportions to the ditch in which your football lives. As with the state of your football the recovery will be very slow and very painful to watch.

they got nothing to lose if it goes alright they'll be fine or as you said it goes tits up in a couple of years they'll be flocking across the border like everyone else from the poorer eu countries! Win win really!

I will argue all night about independence. At the end of the day. Alex salmond says vote on how it will impact yourself the best. And that's what doing. I have a lot of time for Alex salmond after how well he has done In Scottish politics all these years. I get the vote and most of yous won't so it's not for you to decide. If you hate us that much you will be happy for is to be independent.

Can't wait mate, you are a parasite nation. No more hand outs.

they got nothing to lose if it goes alright they'll be fine or as you said it goes tits up in a couple of years they'll be flocking across the border like everyone else from the poorer eu countries! Win win really!

That is, of course, assuming that they can get EU membership which is not guaranteed. If, say, they have to start their own currency (which I presume will be haggis & neeps as opposed to pounds & pence) then will they need their own passports as well. Seems only fair that they should to me.

We need to get the border controls in place fairly quickly to prevent what would if effect be illegal immigrants entering the country. Also creates a few more jobs for our own economy. Win win as you say but for us.

For someone who played 3minutes

Footballs a joke

Absolute farce and of course just like our shameless non league neighbours they'll take it, I hope they get well and truly dicked.

A player takes a shameless last minute dive and his team win 1-0 from the resulting penalty and nothing is done, a guy comes on on for 2/3 minutes in game they are winning 6-1 and they get kicked out.

it's about time fans took football back from the various brown envelope gangsters.

Still another reason to hate Celtic, not all bad.

For someone who played 3minutes

Footballs a joke

I disagree. Yes, he only played for a short time and had no impact on the result but rules are rules and they broke them.

Every team knows the consequences if you field Ineligible players and they've paid the price. Only got themselves to blame though. Talk about being unprofessional, how do you make such a blunder?!

Celtic very lucky though and don't deserve to be where they are.

P.S. I do think it's ridiculous that they were even able to get to the point where the player got on the bench, let alone the pitch! IMO the match officials should have been aware of who is suspended or not and should have picked up on this when team sheets were submitted. Shouldn't have got to this point.

So who are they set to play now? Or is it still TBD?

Still haven't clarified that yet! It depends how many qualifying rounds there are. Celtic are now THROUGH so they are either into the group stages or the next qualifying round (I don't know how many there are).

A serious fine and reducing their champions league squad size would have been sufficient for this as it had no impact on the result.

You only have to look at Man Citeh's punishment on FFP to see how wrong this ruling is.

I agree that there are inconsistencies with UEFA and FIFA rulings however I do think that if a team fields a player who is Ineligible they should forfeit that match regardless of said players impact on the game. It needs to be a blanket rule otherwise it gets too confusing.

A team should never field a player that is Ineligible. If they do they are either guilty of cheating or complete incompetence both of which are appropriate to be punished with forfeiting the match.

Thy won't be reinstated as it's written in black and white that if a banned player is fielded for even a second of a game, that game is forfeited 0-3

That was the word on Sky just now. Reporter said the word coming out is that the result is reversed, 3-0 Celtic so they win on away goals.

No official word yet though.  

As "the Pub Landlord" says "rules is rules and where would we be without rules ? That's right ,France.

And where would we be with too many rules ? Germany"

Thought ,someone at Legia Warsaw is going to have a rather uncomfortable day .

Loved Gary Lineker's comment "over all i thought Celtic were the better side "

Ouch !

That was the word on Sky just now. Reporter said the word coming out is that the result is reversed, 3-0 Celtic so they win on away goals.

No official word yet though.

Correct.

They lost the first leg 4-1 and have now been given the default 3-0 victory for the second leg. Therefore they go through on away goals. Just.

Archived