IGNORED

Celtic -Too Good For Qualifying Rounds

Major Isewater

Do you know what, Fans and their second teams can F&ck off - i have absolutely no interest in Celtic FC, Legia Warsaw, Real Madrid, Manchester United or Rangers FC for that matter. Bristol City FC and England are all that matter. Next!

This thread has become more about a topical issue than someone's 'second team'.

Having said that, I do agree with you, especially about Scottish teams. It is the crappest league and the whole Rangers and Celtic thing really pisses me off.

i don't think its quite as clear cut as they are thinking,

The player in question had a 3 match ban, he missed the home and away tie against st pats and the home tie against celtic so Warsaw thought his ban was up,

UEFA have said he wasn't registered in the squad so therefore didn't serve his ban,

my question is, if the player was banned why would he have to be registered in the match squad?

I think warsaw have good grounds for appeal here

I would put my house on the appeal not succeeding.  The rules are there and clearly stated.  Legia may not like them, and they're undeniably harsh, but Legia have still broken them.

The simple fact is that Legia had to submit a squad of 25 players for European competition (the reason to discourage bigger teams gaining an unfair advantage by buying gigantic squads of players).  Suspended players have to be included for their suspensions to count.  Legia did not realise this - to be fair, I didn't realise it myself until now - but, if that's in the rules (which it must be for UEFA to have taken this action), it'll be there in black-and white.  I can't see any wiggle room Legia will get out of it on.

Archived